Windows 10: Ransomware attack in Windows 1809 - Please help

Discus and support Ransomware attack in Windows 1809 - Please help in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My PC having i3 -2nd generation processor with 8GB DDR3 RAM recently got infected with ransomware. The only software I recently installed was of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by archz2, Jan 2, 2019.

1. archz2 Win User

Ransomware attack in Windows 1809 - Please help

My PC having i3 -2nd generation processor with 8GB DDR3 RAM recently got infected with ransomware. The only software I recently installed was of Nvidia’s graphic driver of GTX 1050ti 4GB from its official website. I have a habit of checking https also. Okay here are the series of events which happened before the ransomware attack.

1. My PC had initially Nvidia GTX 750 – 2GB graphic card which is now two years old. It stopped working, ran out of warranty. My PC won’t start.
    2. I bought a new Graphics card, installed it, installed the drivers from their legit and official website.
    3. The next day I get ransomware in three folders of mine in E: partition of my 500 GB hard drive. It has two partitions. C is the system one, E is the other one.

They are the first three folders in my E drive if I sort them alphabetically. They didn’t have much data in them. I was really happy as all the other folders of mine were safe, and the entire C drive was safe. I then disconnected the LAN cable from my PC as a safety measure.

I called up a friend of mine who faced ransomware attack two months back. He is saying that I must not be happy as the virus can spread to other folders as well even after I scan my PC with any new antivirus. I was not using any 3rd party antivirus. I was using windows defender only. My windows version was 1809. I don’t remember the full version that has many decimal numbers after 1809.

Please help me what should I do. I have not switched on my PC since the last seven days believing it to be a Pandora’s box. I’ve been using my laptop intensively ever since.

The encrypted files have the extension of ioyhnnr

:)

archz2, Jan 2, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

About Ransomware attack

Here is Microsoft's Customer Guidance on the Ransomware Attack:

• In March, we released a security update which addresses the vulnerability that these attacks are exploiting. Those who have Windows Update enabled are protected against attacks on this vulnerability. For those organizations who have not yet applied the
      security update, we suggest you immediately deploy Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-010.

• For customers using Windows Defender, we released an update earlier today which detects this threat as Ransom:Win32/WannaCrypt.
      As an additional “defense-in-depth” measure, keep up-to-date anti-malware software installed on your machines. Customers running anti-malware software from any number of security companies can confirm with their provider, that they are protected.

• This attack type may evolve over time, so any additional defense-in-depth strategies will provide additional protections. (For example, to further protect against SMBv1 attacks, customers
      should consider blocking legacy protocols on their networks).

For the full article,
    Click HERE

DaveM121, Jan 2, 2019
  3. rushfan3 Win User
    Ransomware attack on Windows 10 PCs.... question

This latest ransomware attack has me wondering something, because the glitch was found within Windows, as I am now unable to look at a complete list of updates outside of what was recently updated in Windows Updates.

In the Creators Update, there's no way of finding all of your updates. How do I know that the Creators Update is safe and secure from this latest ransomware attack?

rushfan3, Jan 2, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Ransomware attack on Windows 10 PCs.... question

Here is Microsoft's Customer Guidance on the Ransomware Attack:

• In March, we released a security update which addresses the vulnerability that these attacks are exploiting. Those who have Windows Update enabled are protected against attacks on this vulnerability. For those organizations who have not yet applied the
      security update, we suggest you immediately deploy Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-010.

• For customers using Windows Defender, we released an update earlier today which detects this threat as Ransom:Win32/WannaCrypt.
      As an additional “defense-in-depth” measure, keep up-to-date anti-malware software installed on your machines. Customers running anti-malware software from any number of security companies can confirm with their provider, that they are protected.

• This attack type may evolve over time, so any additional defense-in-depth strategies will provide additional protections. (For example, to further protect against SMBv1 attacks, customers
      should consider blocking legacy protocols on their networks).

For the full article, Click HERE

DaveM121, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Ransomware attack in Windows 1809 - Please help - Similar Threads - Ransomware attack 1809

2. Ransomware attack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ransomware attack: Ransomware attack on my pc. All my files such as photos, videos, apps, xlxs, pdf and every thing are encrypted. every file extension shown as *YGKZ format and could not open anything. ID appears to be an online ID encryption. how do i resolve this....
  3. Ransomware Attack

Ransomware Attack: I downloaded one file which was containing viruses and now all my Data is encrypted with .omfl extension and i have very important files on my pc. how to recover all file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ransomware-attack/305c4fbf-4a2e-4293-9c35-a3bf07f3602d
  4. Ransomware attack

Ransomware attack: Ransomware has attacked my pc. I cant do anything.please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ransomware-attack/f0b64b4b-ea69-4af7-bb37-4f5e4a9ce363
  5. Ransomware Attack

Ransomware Attack: I have been attacked by ransomware. Is there any way to remove and decrypt the files? Or I have to completely format my hard drive? Seeking attention to Microsoft community. I have attached some screen shots. I am not sure about the ransom type yet. [IMG] [IMG]...
  6. Ransomware attack

Ransomware attack: Hello guys, i have a problem and i need help. to cut the long story short, my computer is infected with a ransomware (with ''nelasod'' extension on all docx, xlx, ppt and videos files). This has made it difficult to open any of my document in my external hard drive. It seems...
  7. Ransomware Attack ( .TRO)

Ransomware Attack ( .TRO): Hi all, I have a few questions regarding the ransomware attack. Most of my files format were changed to (.tro), is there a way to decrypted the files back to their original format? if possible then can anyone share how to do it? Thanks in advance for your response....
  8. Ransomware attack in Windows 1809 - Please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Ransomware attack in Windows 1809 - Please help: My PC having i3 -2nd generation processor with 8GB DDR3 RAM recently got infected with ransomware. The only software I recently installed was of Nvidia’s graphic driver of GTX 1050ti 4GB from its official website. I have a habit of checking https also. Okay here are the...
  9. Ransomware Attack

Ransomware Attack: Hello Dear all hope that you all doing well. Somone just hacked my pc.my all files stored on hard drive is converted to PPTX.how can i fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ransomware-attack/659f8e54-0800-4449-95f0-94604fae69f6
  10. New Ransomware attack

New Ransomware attack: Only 5 days out and Win10 being screwed with. This link was in an E-Mail today: New Windows 10 scam will encrypt your files for ransom | ZDNet 12608