Windows 10: Ransomware Attack

Discus and support Ransomware Attack in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Dear all hope that you all doing well. Somone just hacked my pc.my all files stored on hard drive is converted to PPTX.how can i fix it.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by J_tanim, Nov 5, 2018.

1. J_tanim Win User

Ransomware Attack

Hello

Dear all hope that you all doing well.

Somone just hacked my pc.my all files stored on hard drive is converted to PPTX.how can i fix it.

:)

J_tanim, Nov 5, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

About Ransomware attack

Here is Microsoft's Customer Guidance on the Ransomware Attack:

• In March, we released a security update which addresses the vulnerability that these attacks are exploiting. Those who have Windows Update enabled are protected against attacks on this vulnerability. For those organizations who have not yet applied the
      security update, we suggest you immediately deploy Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-010.

• For customers using Windows Defender, we released an update earlier today which detects this threat as Ransom:Win32/WannaCrypt.
      As an additional “defense-in-depth” measure, keep up-to-date anti-malware software installed on your machines. Customers running anti-malware software from any number of security companies can confirm with their provider, that they are protected.

• This attack type may evolve over time, so any additional defense-in-depth strategies will provide additional protections. (For example, to further protect against SMBv1 attacks, customers
      should consider blocking legacy protocols on their networks).

For the full article,
    Click HERE

DaveM121, Nov 5, 2018
  3. rushfan3 Win User
    Ransomware attack on Windows 10 PCs.... question

This latest ransomware attack has me wondering something, because the glitch was found within Windows, as I am now unable to look at a complete list of updates outside of what was recently updated in Windows Updates.

In the Creators Update, there's no way of finding all of your updates. How do I know that the Creators Update is safe and secure from this latest ransomware attack?

rushfan3, Nov 5, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Ransomware Attack

Ransomware attack on Windows 10 PCs.... question

Here is Microsoft's Customer Guidance on the Ransomware Attack:

• In March, we released a security update which addresses the vulnerability that these attacks are exploiting. Those who have Windows Update enabled are protected against attacks on this vulnerability. For those organizations who have not yet applied the
      security update, we suggest you immediately deploy Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-010.

• For customers using Windows Defender, we released an update earlier today which detects this threat as Ransom:Win32/WannaCrypt.
      As an additional “defense-in-depth” measure, keep up-to-date anti-malware software installed on your machines. Customers running anti-malware software from any number of security companies can confirm with their provider, that they are protected.

• This attack type may evolve over time, so any additional defense-in-depth strategies will provide additional protections. (For example, to further protect against SMBv1 attacks, customers
      should consider blocking legacy protocols on their networks).

For the full article, Click HERE

DaveM121, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Ransomware Attack

1. Ransomware Attack - Similar Threads - Ransomware Attack

2. Possible ransomware attack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible ransomware attack: Split from this thread. sir i am just checked. But now also not available and i am just start my laptop. In desktop i am not created. But one note pad read me i am reading the note pad i am encryption the all folder you need to give me 1200 $ to decrypt the all folder....
  3. DISM is not working properly and got a ransomware attack which 1 of my sibling had...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM is not working properly and got a ransomware attack which 1 of my sibling had...: Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.17763.1282 Error: 2 An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the image located at C:\. For more information, review the log file. The DISM log file can be found at...
  4. Ransomware attack

Ransomware attack: Ransomware attack on my pc. All my files such as photos, videos, apps, xlxs, pdf and every thing are encrypted. every file extension shown as *YGKZ format and could not open anything. ID appears to be an online ID encryption. how do i resolve this....
  5. Ribd-Ransomware Attack

Ribd-Ransomware Attack: Recently I don't know how my Laptop got attacked by theRIBD Ransomware. Every file got encrypted with the extension of RIBD, anyone facing the same? And can anyone help me decrypting my file? It will be very much if anyone help me getting my files back. Thank you. Note: I...
  6. Bitlocker enabled on Windows 10 Home Edition for Ransomware attack

Bitlocker enabled on Windows 10 Home Edition for Ransomware attack: Hey, everyone, first time poster, haven't been able to locate a thread on this but it is important. I am running Windows 10 Home Edition and while doing a regular system cleanup I discovered lots of files beginning to show up in my Windows/Temp folder with the name...
  7. Ransomware Attack

Ransomware Attack: I downloaded one file which was containing viruses and now all my Data is encrypted with .omfl extension and i have very important files on my pc. how to recover all file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ransomware-attack/305c4fbf-4a2e-4293-9c35-a3bf07f3602d
  8. My Windows 7 got attacked by a ransomware

My Windows 7 got attacked by a ransomware: Hello guys, I need help. Apparently I can't use my applications and files because of this. Is there any possibility on how to recover them? Can I do a reformat as an option? Thank you so much. [IMG]...
  9. How to prevent ransomware attacks, controlled folder security setup?

How to prevent ransomware attacks, controlled folder security setup?: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...rolled-folders Windows version 2H02 I was curious about how hard it is to do this, and is their a guide? 167478
  10. Ransomware Virus attack .kasp

Ransomware Virus attack .kasp: My system got infected by .KASP ransomware virus. I removed the virus to some extent from my system but all my drives are affected. All my files got encrypted and I am not able to access any of the files. All files got changed with.kasp extension. My files are online...