Windows 10: Ransomware attack

Discus and support Ransomware attack in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Ransomware has attacked my pc. I cant do anything.please help... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by atokeys, Aug 25, 2020.

1. atokeys Win User

Ransomware attack

Ransomware has attacked my pc. I cant do anything.please help

:)

atokeys, Aug 25, 2020
  2. Smeed Win User
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    About Ransomware attack

Here is Microsoft's Customer Guidance on the Ransomware Attack:

• In March, we released a security update which addresses the vulnerability that these attacks are exploiting. Those who have Windows Update enabled are protected against attacks on this vulnerability. For those organizations who have not yet applied the
      security update, we suggest you immediately deploy Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-010.

• For customers using Windows Defender, we released an update earlier today which detects this threat as Ransom:Win32/WannaCrypt.
      As an additional “defense-in-depth” measure, keep up-to-date anti-malware software installed on your machines. Customers running anti-malware software from any number of security companies can confirm with their provider, that they are protected.

• This attack type may evolve over time, so any additional defense-in-depth strategies will provide additional protections. (For example, to further protect against SMBv1 attacks, customers
      should consider blocking legacy protocols on their networks).

For the full article,
    Click HERE

DaveM121, Aug 25, 2020
  4. S-and-S Win User

Ransomware attack

Ransomware attack

There are no specific steps that you can take to protect yourself against ransomware - only the same steps that you take to protect yourself against all other threats on the internet:

1- Stay up-to-date with the latest news about attacks.

2- Adopt safe computing practices.

3- Backup every day, if not more often.

With respect to backups, at least some of your backups should be stored on devices that are physically disconnected from your computer. An alternative is to use a backup program (like Macrium Reflect) that locks down backup archives from being changed or
    deleted.

S-and-S, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

Ransomware attack

1. Ransomware attack - Similar Threads - Ransomware attack

2. Why is my computer being attacked by Microsoft Ransomware for pin recovery, a catch 22 with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer being attacked by Microsoft Ransomware for pin recovery, a catch 22 with...: My computer is locked out by some kind of Microsoft Ransomware, it is stuck in an infinite loop and will not recover to be able to login via pin, password or finger print, who do I have to pay to get my files back? Why is Microsoft not addressing this as a serious issue. My...
  3. Why is my computer being attacked by Microsoft Ransomware for pin recovery, a catch 22 with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my computer being attacked by Microsoft Ransomware for pin recovery, a catch 22 with...: My computer is locked out by some kind of Microsoft Ransomware, it is stuck in an infinite loop and will not recover to be able to login via pin, password or finger print, who do I have to pay to get my files back? Why is Microsoft not addressing this as a serious issue. My...
  4. ransomware attack , encrypted files , can I save them after already deleted them , I had...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ransomware attack , encrypted files , can I save them after already deleted them , I had...: Hello. I have experienced the first ramsomware attack lost some really perosonal data , 3Dprojects , my potery projects and as I feared of nex issues I deleted the onedrive . Is a the way how to get them back anyhow ? please help . thank you on forward , sincerely Pavol....
  5. ransomware attack , encrypted files , can I save them after already deleted them , I had...

ransomware attack , encrypted files , can I save them after already deleted them , I had...: Hello. I have experienced the first ramsomware attack lost some really perosonal data , 3Dprojects , my potery projects and as I feared of nex issues I deleted the onedrive . Is a the way how to get them back anyhow ? please help . thank you on forward , sincerely Pavol....
  6. How can I decrypt my files and folders after it was attacked by a ransomware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I decrypt my files and folders after it was attacked by a ransomware: It all started off when I unresponsively tried to download a game form an unprotected site. The game finished it's downloading and while I was installing it asked security permission of making changes to my PC I also accepted it because I've been wanting to play the game so...
  7. How can I decrypt my files and folders after it was attacked by a ransomware

How can I decrypt my files and folders after it was attacked by a ransomware: It all started off when I unresponsively tried to download a game form an unprotected site. The game finished it's downloading and while I was installing it asked security permission of making changes to my PC I also accepted it because I've been wanting to play the game so...
  8. I suffered a ransomware attack and now I have error 0x8007000D

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I suffered a ransomware attack and now I have error 0x8007000D: My computer would just give me a blue screen after the logon every time, and it didn't let me restore the system or anything so I downloaded an ISO on another computer but when I try to boot the damaged PC with that it keeps giving me this error when I select the installation...
  9. Help from .vvwq ransomware attack - decryption required

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help from .vvwq ransomware attack - decryption required: My computer has got affected with ransomware on 27-July-2022 creating .vvwq file extension to most files. I am not able to access these files.I reset my PC for the windows 11 reinstallation and ran one decryptor software "Emsisoft_Decryptor_for_STOP_Djvu_v1.0.0.5", but it...
  10. .VYIA files Ransomware Attack Variant

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    .VYIA files Ransomware Attack Variant: So, basically I downloaded a virus, and most of my files became .VYIA files. I tried OneDrive backup, but it also backups the .VYIA files. I don't know how to access the previous things that I saved. Neither does version history help. I can't do anything at this point. It's...