Windows 10: Ransomware cotrolled folder access

Discus and support Ransomware cotrolled folder access in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I'm not able to turn on "controlled folder access", the option to turn on is greyed out, any idea thanks Costa... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by costakouppas, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Ransomware cotrolled folder access

Hi

I'm not able to turn on "controlled folder access", the option to turn on is greyed out, any idea

thanks

Costa

:)

costakouppas, Oct 24, 2018
  2. Jsssssssss, Oct 24, 2018
  3. I have been infected with Ransomware

Oh.

I see that a Community Moderator converted your thread from a Discussion to a Question.

Do you have a question?

It is not quite clear (to me at least) why you've created this thread....

In case that you do indeed have a problem with ransomware:

It would be helpful if you would describe your problem more precisely, see:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Without knowing more details, suggestion to read/do:

Try to identify with what Ransomware you're dealing here:
    https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/index.php

and read/follow this guide:
    How to remove ransomware the right way: A step-by-step guide

Also: See the pinned threads here:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/239/ransomware-help-tech-support/

Might be the best to get free expert help in above mentioned bleepingcomputer forum....

=======================

Also suggestion to read:

Jsssssssss, Oct 24, 2018
  4. trparky Win User

Ransomware cotrolled folder access

Say goodbye to ransomware with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Yes, ransomware will be a thing of the past with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update thanks to something called "Controlled Folder Access" in Windows Defender.

Windows 10 will hide your important files from ransomware soon | The Verge

These are protections for your files against ransomware at the kernel and Windows Defender level. Rest easy, your files are safe.

About damn time Microsoft!

trparky, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

Ransomware cotrolled folder access

1. Ransomware cotrolled folder access - Similar Threads - Ransomware cotrolled folder

2. Windows Security Ransomware Protection Controlled folder access Can't toggle on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Ransomware Protection Controlled folder access Can't toggle on: I recently was looking through my Windows Security and when I opened ransomware protection the toggle was in the off position. I've tried repeatedly clicking on the toggle to turn it on and nothing happens. Is there anything I can do about this or is this normal since I have...
  3. Access to Ransomware Protection blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access to Ransomware Protection blocked: I've seen multiple articles published recently that mention that Microsoft has built in ransomeware protection in Windows 10 and suggest that you can access this protection by specifying "Rasomware Protection" in the search bar. I've done this but when I press enter to access...
  4. Whitelisting WSL in ransomware controlled folder access?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whitelisting WSL in ransomware controlled folder access?: How would I do this? Looking at the recent block stuff, the pathway looks like this. Is there a way I can tell Windows 'if it comes from WSL, let it through'? Or is that insecure in nature? I have the controlled folder thing protecting my attached Google drive folder, but...
  5. Locking a folder against ransomware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locking a folder against ransomware: Can a folder be locked, with password protection, to block encryption ransomware from changing it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locking-a-folder-against-ransomware/47a14409-a217-4ea8-927b-017abec67810
  6. Controlled Folder Access (Ransomware Protection) in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Controlled Folder Access (Ransomware Protection) in Windows 10: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TeamsMe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gqba9o/controlled_folder_access_ransomware_protection_in/
  7. Ransomware Protection: How to use Controlled folder access?

Ransomware Protection: How to use Controlled folder access?: Nowadays, ransomwares are considered great risks for users. They infect system and encrypt your files and ask you to pay money to gives you the key to decrypt them. Even if you made payment, there is no guarantee to get back all your files and paying them would make...
  8. Sub-folders in ransomware protection

Sub-folders in ransomware protection: I want to add a folder with sub-folders in it to be protected with Windows 10 ransomware protection. Is enough to add the root folder in ransomware protected folder options in order that all of its subfolders are also protected? Or do I have to add each sub-folder...
  9. Missing notifications of windows defender ransomware folder access

Missing notifications of windows defender ransomware folder access: Hi all, since 2-3 weeks after the latest upgrade i am missing a notifications from windows defender, when some app is trying to write to a folder, when it is locked by the ransomware protection. before the update i had these notifications and it was easily to add any...
  10. Bug in Ransomware Protected Folders?

Bug in Ransomware Protected Folders?: I have a list of 13 folders (from different drives) in the Ransomware "Protected Folders" feature. Although the feature can be disabled completely, while enabled I can only remove 2 of the "Protected Folders" on the list. I cannot remove/delete the others. I tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I got a message from windows defender security system saying to set up one drive in case of ransom ware attack---should I do it