Windows 10: Ransomware Defense

Discus and support Ransomware Defense in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In the light of the continuous escalation of ransomware attacks against commercial enterprises, government, critical infrastructure, and private... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AlexDeac, Jun 10, 2021 at 3:17 PM.

1. AlexDeac Win User

Ransomware Defense

In the light of the continuous escalation of ransomware attacks against commercial enterprises, government, critical infrastructure, and private citizens, maybe it’s worth exploring alternative defenses. Anti-malware and other endpoint threat mitigation/remediation have limitations in detecting, preventing, and blocking ransomware. Additionally, users are always the weakest link, either opening malicious email attachments or clicking suspicious hyperlinks.Therefore, that since many systems are software encryption-ready, there could be a better approach to stop ransomware. For instance, Windows

:)

2. Smeed Win User
  3. ransomware

Adding to
    Le Boule's
    comments...

The best defensive strategy to protect yourself from malware and ransomware (crypto malware) infections is a

comprehensive approach
    to include prevention and your
    best defense is back up, back up, and more back up on a regular basis. When implementing a backup strategy
    include testing to ensure it works before an emergency arises; routinely check to verify backups are being made and stored properly; remove (disconnect) and isolate all backups from the network or home computer...if not, you risk ransomware
    infecting them when it strikes.

For more suggestions to protect yourself from ransomware infections, see my comments (Post #2) in this topic...Ransomware
    Avoidance
    ...it includes a list of prevention tools.

quietman7 - MVP, Jun 10, 2021 at 3:20 PM
  4. Smeed Win User
Thema:

Ransomware Defense

1. Ransomware Defense - Similar Threads - Ransomware Defense

2. Paas ransomware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Paas ransomware: My laptop is infected .paas ransomware and all the files are not opening. The files have an extension of .paas. My laptop had an SSD for windows and HDD kept in the cd drive for files. I removed the hdd and installed new windows by formatting SSD. Can I get the files of my...
  3. Is there any way to remove the ".mpal" ransomware and recover files!?

Is there any way to remove the ".mpal" ransomware and recover files!?: Guys i need help i accidently download this file and now most of my data has been encrypted by .mpal ransomware..Is there any way to fix this.?...
  4. How do you protect network folders and files i.e. folders on the server from ransomware...

How do you protect network folders and files i.e. folders on the server from ransomware...: Hello,I recently got a tip about using Windows 10's built-in controlled folder access feature to protect against ransomware attacks. In our office, though, the staff don't store any files on their Windows 10 workstations, rather, they save all of their work files on the...
  5. Post ransomware attacks problem.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Post ransomware attacks problem.: There was a ransomware attack in my PC. My files were encrypted to .ehiz extension. I tried to reset this PC but after resetting also it has taken control over the windows defender antivirus and Windows updates and also the windows update service is missing from the...
  6. Locked every drive on my pc under controlled folder protection ransomware

Locked every drive on my pc under controlled folder protection ransomware: I just got to know about ransomware attacks so yesterday I was going through settings on my windows 10 pc I found ransomware protection and I enabled controlled folder access. to make it worse I put every drive on my pc under it. now I suppose everything is under that so i...
  7. Ransomware and reactivating windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Ransomware and reactivating windows: I have a digital licencse for the windows in my laptop. I recently, had a ransomware attack my laptop and I have no option left other than formatting it. So, after reinstalling the windows how can I activate my windows with the same digital licencse, I had previously?...
  8. MDATP doesn't constantly detect a ransomware-type mass encryption

MDATP doesn't constantly detect a ransomware-type mass encryption: Hello,As a part of security tastings, to see the efficacy level of MDATP, we are running a PowerShell script encrypt_ransomware.ps1 found in the GitHub GitHub - leomatias/Ransomware-Simulator that encrypts a bulk number of files and behaves like ransomware.The workstations...
  9. How to recover .nusm ransomware files

How to recover .nusm ransomware files: A ransomware attached my computer and encrypted all the user files.Help recover https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-recover-nusm-ransomware-files/027dd4c7-6bb2-469f-b854-60218db92096
  10. Unknown Software, is it a ransomware or malware?

Unknown Software, is it a ransomware or malware?: I noticed my PC had been getting slower to respond so I opened up the "Add or Remove Programs" The windows 10 oneAnd I noticed an unknown software with no name and which supposedly takes 3.44 TB even though my HDD is 1 TB total.The buttons are intermittently greyed out and...