Windows 10: Ransomware... Doing what?

Discus and support Ransomware... Doing what? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. I was surfing the Net, and all of a sudden this came up. (See picture). I have Windows 10 and I use Windows Defender for virus protection... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Benn1ty, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Benn1ty Win User

Ransomware... Doing what?

Hello. I was surfing the Net, and all of a sudden this came up. (See picture).

I have Windows 10 and I use Windows Defender for virus protection because I actually thought it was good. Apparently not, otherwise I wouldn't be infected now. And according to Virustotal the virus is known to most Av's. Microsoft is not.

Ransomware... Doing what? 0_big.jpg

First, what do I do now?

2. and which free antivirus should I download? I won't use Defender again.

:)

Benn1ty, Jul 28, 2020

2. How do I reset Edge when get ransomware?

What do you mean by "when get ransomware"?

It would be helpful if you would describe your problem more precisely, see:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Without knowing more details, suggestion to read/do:

Try to identify with what Ransomware you're dealing here:
    https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/index.php

and read/follow this guide:
    How to remove ransomware the right way: A step-by-step guide

Also: See the pinned threads here:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/239/ransomware-help-tech-support/

Might be the best to get free expert help in above mentioned bleepingcomputer forum....

======

For resetting of Edge see:

Jsssssssss, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Smeed Win User
  4. Ransomware... Doing what?

I have been infected with Ransomware

Oh.

I see that a Community Moderator converted your thread from a Discussion to a Question.

Do you have a question?

It is not quite clear (to me at least) why you've created this thread....

In case that you do indeed have a problem with ransomware:

It would be helpful if you would describe your problem more precisely, see:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Without knowing more details, suggestion to read/do:

Try to identify with what Ransomware you're dealing here:
    https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/index.php

and read/follow this guide:
    How to remove ransomware the right way: A step-by-step guide

Also: See the pinned threads here:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/239/ransomware-help-tech-support/

Might be the best to get free expert help in above mentioned bleepingcomputer forum....

=======================

Also suggestion to read:

Jsssssssss, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Ransomware... Doing what?

1. Ransomware... Doing what? - Similar Threads - Ransomware Doing

2. How do I recover files from a ransomware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover files from a ransomware?: A friend of mine experienced a cyberattack. This is the second time in the last year. The person got hacked.They want to recover their files from a Wiaw ransomware attack. How do they do that? Please help. Their OS is Windows 11 intel i3core desktop....
  3. How do I recover files from a ransomware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I recover files from a ransomware?: A friend of mine experienced a cyberattack. This is the second time in the last year. The person got hacked.They want to recover their files from a Wiaw ransomware attack. How do they do that? Please help. Their OS is Windows 11 intel i3core desktop....
  4. Help Ransomware - directing me to call "Windows Defener Security Center" - how do I remove...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Ransomware - directing me to call "Windows Defener Security Center" - how do I remove...: Customer Support - I was trying to do to Truila.com and now I have ransomware - how do I remove this from a laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-ransomware-directing-me-to-call-windows/94e82d12-25ed-4297-97f4-69adfccff232
  5. Help Ransomware - directing me to call "Windows Defener Security Center" - how do I remove...

Help Ransomware - directing me to call "Windows Defener Security Center" - how do I remove...: Customer Support - I was trying to do to Truila.com and now I have ransomware - how do I remove this from a laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-ransomware-directing-me-to-call-windows/94e82d12-25ed-4297-97f4-69adfccff232
  6. All files are encrypted .fodre of ransomware. How i do decrypted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    All files are encrypted .fodre of ransomware. How i do decrypted: All files are encrypted .fodor my data of ransomware. How i do decrypted .Because send a email of decrypted the data.Kindly help me out this issue....
  7. What Windows 11 settings do I need to protect against ransomware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What Windows 11 settings do I need to protect against ransomware?: This morning I was attacked by Ransomware and as soon as it started I ALT-CRL-DEL. I then restarted my laptop and ran Defender Virus protection. I did not see any strange programs in the Task Manager or Control Panel....
  8. What Windows 11 settings do I need to protect against ransomware?

What Windows 11 settings do I need to protect against ransomware?: This morning I was attacked by Ransomware and as soon as it started I ALT-CRL-DEL. I then restarted my laptop and ran Defender Virus protection. I did not see any strange programs in the Task Manager or Control Panel....
  9. my pc got locked by the maql ransomware and i need full help on how do remove restore and...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my pc got locked by the maql ransomware and i need full help on how do remove restore and...: ok so basically i was trying to download a paid game for free online but that didnt work and i got the maql ransomware on my pc, for now i stopped the virus from spreading i need full help on how to decrypt all my files videos audios and eveything * Moved from Windows...
  10. my pc got locked by the maql ransomware and i need full help on how do remove restore and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc got locked by the maql ransomware and i need full help on how do remove restore and...: ok so basically i was trying to download a paid game for free online but that didnt work and i got the maql ransomware on my pc, for now i stopped the virus from spreading i need full help on how to decrypt all my files videos audios and eveything...