Windows 10: Ransomware..is this a real threat.

Discus and support Ransomware..is this a real threat. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Yesterday I received three emails stating that I have been looking at dodgy sites and they have webcam footage of me....etc....they want... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by farrellart, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Ransomware..is this a real threat.

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I received three emails stating that I have been looking at dodgy sites and they have webcam footage of me....etc....they want £3,000 in bitcoin. OK I know this bit is a scam because I don't look at dodgy sites or have a webcam.

The weird thing is that the email was delivered to an old dormant email account where I cannot recieve or send emails, I just keep the old emails on file for reference and old receipts etc.

The question is how did I get this email on an ISP that is no longer in use - could this be a virus/malware? it just got me thinking.

Chris

:)

farrellart, Jul 2, 2019
  2. Smeed Win User
  3. Ransomware..is this a real threat.

How to get rid of a ransomware malicious virus

Hi Jim,

For more information about Ransomware, and on how to handle it, we suggest that you check the following articles:

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Ransomware..is this a real threat.

1. Ransomware..is this a real threat. - Similar Threads - Ransomware real threat

2. Ransomware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ransomware: How do I remove kxde from my computer? I have been hack urgent help need https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ransomware/2fcdeb13-1562-4690-8dba-7b2998900326
  3. Ransomware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ransomware: How do I remove kxde from my computer? I have been hack urgent help need https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ransomware/2fcdeb13-1562-4690-8dba-7b2998900326
  4. Windows 10 Real-time protection/ransomware block

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Real-time protection/ransomware block: I want to use the Windows 10 Real-time protection/ransomware block yet Windows security will not allow because it states I am using other antivirus providers. Sure, I have Malwarebytes and SUPERAntiSpyware yet those programs are the free versions and not providing real-time...
  5. Are these 3 threats related to Kali Linux ISO image or are they real?

Are these 3 threats related to Kali Linux ISO image or are they real?: I did a virus scan on my PC after visiting a website "claiming I did" but I did not click on anything on the site and quickly got away from it. After that happened I got a notification from Windows Security saying I had a threat on my computer. I clicked on it and...
  6. RANSOMWARE

RANSOMWARE: last Friday April 23, while sitting at my pc using Windows 10 my pc was hacked. I called the "Microsoft" phone number that was flashing on the screen and got into contact with Mr Bharti, he stated that I needed to obtain a disposable debit card or Google Pay in for $600 and...
  7. Windows Defender Virus & threat protection settings real-time protection

Windows Defender Virus & threat protection settings real-time protection: hello, I can't seem to turn on the real-time protection in my windows defender as it says, you're using other antivirus providers. the button is grayed out from turning it on. I have Malwarebytes free installed and I want to ask if I could turn on Malwarebytes and defender at...
  8. Microsoft's real-time threat intelligence feed

Microsoft's real-time threat intelligence feed: I'm looking for threat intelligence feed from Microsoft for my thesis project to make a cyber security solution based on threat intelligence. I don't have too much knowledge in this matter. Does Microsoft provide threat intel feed to integrate in security solutions like SIEM?...
  9. Is this ransomware?

Is this ransomware?: I was looking for something in ebay, using edge on 18317 build, when a box flashed onto the screen telling me that 3 viruses had been detected. I shut down the internet immediately. I then ran Malwarebytes free and nothing was detected, so I ran the WD offline scan, and later...
  10. Watch out: These are biggest ransomware threats and they've grown

in Windows 10 News
    Watch out: These are biggest ransomware threats and they've grown: Cyberattacks using the most common forms of ransomware spiked during November, continuing the ongoing trend for growth in the use of the file encrypting malicious software by cyber criminals. Ransomware has exploded in 2016 and is increasingly targeting business networks...