Windows 10: Ransomware protection bricking programs

Discus and support Ransomware protection bricking programs in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I just built myself a new machine, did a clean install on everything from my old one (which, my old one I dont think had ransomware protection? Or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GA_Magnum, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Ransomware protection bricking programs

So I just built myself a new machine, did a clean install on everything from my old one (which, my old one I dont think had ransomware protection? Or atleast I never had anything block anything on my programs?) and well, I go on about installing drivers, all the programs I need, start using them. Yesterday evening Call of duty just shut itself, today I try to get some work done open up lightroom, and it gets blocked for god knows what, now I can't open my catalog without it shutting itself down again after two seconds. I have by now whitelisted everything it has blocked so far and even toggled it off. Still cant open lightroom. Qhat do I do? How do I revert this?

submitted by /u/GA_Magnum
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GA_Magnum, Mar 11, 2021
  2. Smeed Win User
  3. Ransomware protection bricking programs

ransomware

Adding to
    Le Boule's
    comments...

The best defensive strategy to protect yourself from malware and ransomware (crypto malware) infections is a

comprehensive approach
    to include prevention and your
    best defense is back up, back up, and more back up on a regular basis. When implementing a backup strategy
    include testing to ensure it works before an emergency arises; routinely check to verify backups are being made and stored properly; remove (disconnect) and isolate all backups from the network or home computer...if not, you risk ransomware
    infecting them when it strikes.

For more suggestions to protect yourself from ransomware infections, see my comments (Post #2) in this topic...Ransomware
    Avoidance
    ...it includes a list of prevention tools.

quietman7 - MVP, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

Ransomware protection bricking programs

1. Ransomware protection bricking programs - Similar Threads - Ransomware protection bricking

2. ransomware protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ransomware protection: will microsoft defender's ransomware protection work if using avira free antivirus.avira free's ransomware protection is locked behind a paywall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ransomware-protection/5c6595fe-f89a-4e70-816c-2aff4929aac5
  3. Turning on Ransomware protection.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning on Ransomware protection.: How do I give myself as Administrator the rights to turn on Ransomware Protection controlling file access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turning-on-ransomware-protection/8a5ff94c-100d-4001-b7d9-63fd762393e0
  4. Ransomware protection

Ransomware protection: That ransomware protection that Windows Defender has might a little to over-protection. When turned on: It will not access save games from Origin and other EA games Uplay seems not the problem I find it really necessary to share this information. It seems like Win Defender...
  5. Protection Against Ransomwares

Protection Against Ransomwares: Does the Microsoft know all about ransomware? Microsoft's persons can catch them but...deal [Original Title: Protactions] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/protection-against-ransomwares/9dcfe6bc-8fa9-424d-a8cb-488a7095f186
  6. Ransomware protection on networks

Ransomware protection on networks: I don't have a specific problem as much as a concern. There has been a lot of media attention to Ransomware lately, including infecting all systems on a network. We have several computers connected to a home network. All of the main systems run W10 (except for a couple of...
  7. Ransomware protection on networks

in Windows 10 Support
    Ransomware protection on networks: I don't have a specific problem as much as a concern. There has been a lot of media attention to Ransomware lately, including infecting all systems on a network. We have several computers connected to a home network. All of the main systems run W10 (except for a couple of...
  8. Bug in Ransomware Protected Folders?

Bug in Ransomware Protected Folders?: I have a list of 13 folders (from different drives) in the Ransomware "Protected Folders" feature. Although the feature can be disabled completely, while enabled I can only remove 2 of the "Protected Folders" on the list. I cannot remove/delete the others. I tried...
  9. RansomFree is the free program that protects your PC against ransomwar

RansomFree is the free program that protects your PC against ransomwar: Although there are programs to protect against ransomware, the best option still remains back up your files & make system images. *Wink Hoping to stop ransomware in its tracks, security firm Cybereason announced a new anti-malware security program on Monday called...
  10. Ransomware Protection?

Ransomware Protection?: Been visiting a website that discusses ransomware and all of the nasty things that can happen, starting to make me paranoid. Data files are backed up and stored offline, but still...So, I am looking for a quality anti-ransomware software package. As I am new to this concept,...