Windows 10: Ransomware Protection corrupted my files

Discus and support Ransomware Protection corrupted my files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After going into ransomware protection and enabling controller folder access, I was not able run any mp4 files. There would be audio, but every video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GavinHaynie, May 10, 2022.

1. Ransomware Protection corrupted my files

After going into ransomware protection and enabling controller folder access, I was not able run any mp4 files. There would be audio, but every video is just a blank screen. Even those that I owned prior than I know for sure worked are now black screens. Uploading them to the internet still shows a black screen.

:)

GavinHaynie, May 10, 2022
  2. Smeed Win User
  3. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, May 10, 2022
Thema:

Ransomware Protection corrupted my files

1. Ransomware Protection corrupted my files - Similar Threads - Ransomware Protection corrupted

2. ransomware protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ransomware protection: will microsoft defender's ransomware protection work if using avira free antivirus.avira free's ransomware protection is locked behind a paywall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ransomware-protection/5c6595fe-f89a-4e70-816c-2aff4929aac5
  3. Ransomware Protection corrupted my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ransomware Protection corrupted my files: After going into ransomware protection and enabling controller folder access, I was not able run any mp4 files. There would be audio, but every video is just a blank screen. Even those that I owned prior than I know for sure worked are now black screens. Uploading them to the...
  4. Ransomware Protection corrupted my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ransomware Protection corrupted my files: After going into ransomware protection and enabling controller folder access, I was not able run any mp4 files. There would be audio, but every video is just a blank screen. Even those that I owned prior than I know for sure worked are now black screens. Uploading them to the...
  5. Turning on Ransomware protection.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning on Ransomware protection.: How do I give myself as Administrator the rights to turn on Ransomware Protection controlling file access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turning-on-ransomware-protection/8a5ff94c-100d-4001-b7d9-63fd762393e0
  6. Ransomware protection

Ransomware protection: That ransomware protection that Windows Defender has might a little to over-protection. When turned on: It will not access save games from Origin and other EA games Uplay seems not the problem I find it really necessary to share this information. It seems like Win Defender...
  7. Protection Against Ransomwares

Protection Against Ransomwares: Does the Microsoft know all about ransomware? Microsoft's persons can catch them but...deal [Original Title: Protactions] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/protection-against-ransomwares/9dcfe6bc-8fa9-424d-a8cb-488a7095f186
  8. Ransomware protection on networks

Ransomware protection on networks: I don't have a specific problem as much as a concern. There has been a lot of media attention to Ransomware lately, including infecting all systems on a network. We have several computers connected to a home network. All of the main systems run W10 (except for a couple of...
  9. Ransomware protection on networks

in Windows 10 Support
    Ransomware protection on networks: I don't have a specific problem as much as a concern. There has been a lot of media attention to Ransomware lately, including infecting all systems on a network. We have several computers connected to a home network. All of the main systems run W10 (except for a couple of...
  10. Ransomware Protection?

Ransomware Protection?: Been visiting a website that discusses ransomware and all of the nasty things that can happen, starting to make me paranoid. Data files are backed up and stored offline, but still...So, I am looking for a quality anti-ransomware software package. As I am new to this concept,...