Windows 10: Ransomware Protection for Windows PC?

Discus and support Ransomware Protection for Windows PC? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is brand spanking new software and cautious that I am I will probably wait until the next version comes out before installing but I am curious if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by phaedruspress, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Ransomware Protection for Windows PC?

This is brand spanking new software and cautious that I am I will probably wait until the next version comes out before installing but I am curious if anyone else has come across this yet and decided to give it a go and install it.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/acroni...are-protection

:)

phaedruspress, Jan 27, 2018

2. What's the best Windows 10 backup strategy for a home user that can recover from a ransomware attack?

The best option is to create weekly offline backups using separate drives, so, in the event of a ransomware attack, you can simply boot from the backup and restore it.

Here are some tips for protecting your system:

How to Protect Your Computer From Ransomware - groovyPost

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/protect-window...

Andre Da Costa, Jan 27, 2018
  3. How to get rid of a ransomware malicious virus

Hi Jim,

For more information about Ransomware, and on how to handle it, we suggest that you check the following articles:

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jan 27, 2018
  4. bro67 Win User

Ransomware Protection for Windows PC?

There are already safeguards that have been put into Windows 10 to protect it. An extra layer of protection is up t the end user and how much they wish to spend.

bro67, Jan 27, 2018
Thema:

Ransomware Protection for Windows PC?

1. Ransomware Protection for Windows PC? - Similar Threads - Ransomware Protection

2. Windows Defender Ransomware Protection off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Defender Ransomware Protection off: Hello is again me, i just today looking in Windows Defender and i was just looking on some things and i haved ransomware protection off for like 3 years. Is this something weird? Or just something I had to turn on when I bought the computer? Thanks Max...
  3. Windows Defender Ransomware Protection off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Ransomware Protection off: Hello is again me, i just today looking in Windows Defender and i was just looking on some things and i haved ransomware protection off for like 3 years. Is this something weird? Or just something I had to turn on when I bought the computer? Thanks Max...
  4. Windows Defender Ransomware Protection off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Security Ransomware Protection Controlled folder access Can't toggle on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Ransomware Protection Controlled folder access Can't toggle on: I recently was looking through my Windows Security and when I opened ransomware protection the toggle was in the off position. I've tried repeatedly clicking on the toggle to turn it on and nothing happens. Is there anything I can do about this or is this normal since I have...
  6. Windows Security Ransomware Protection Controlled folder access Can't toggle on

Windows Security Ransomware Protection Controlled folder access Can't toggle on: I recently was looking through my Windows Security and when I opened ransomware protection the toggle was in the off position. I've tried repeatedly clicking on the toggle to turn it on and nothing happens. Is there anything I can do about this or is this normal since I have...
  7. ransomware protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ransomware protection: will microsoft defender's ransomware protection work if using avira free antivirus.avira free's ransomware protection is locked behind a paywall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ransomware-protection/5c6595fe-f89a-4e70-816c-2aff4929aac5
  8. I want to exclude the default 'users' folder from the Ransomware Protection Protected folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to exclude the default 'users' folder from the Ransomware Protection Protected folders.: I use 'Controlled folder access' feature in 'Ransomeware protection' on Windows 10 to prevent ransomware attacks. in the 'Protected folders' list i can specify the folders that i want to protect. No application will be able to modify or delete the files inside the folders on...
  9. I want to exclude the default 'users' folder from the Ransomware Protection Protected folders.

I want to exclude the default 'users' folder from the Ransomware Protection Protected folders.: I use 'Controlled folder access' feature in 'Ransomeware protection' on Windows 10 to prevent ransomware attacks. in the 'Protected folders' list i can specify the folders that i want to protect. No application will be able to modify or delete the files inside the folders on...
  10. I want to exclude the default 'users' folder from the Ransomware Protection Protected folders.

in Windows 10 Customization