Windows 10: Ransomware Protection Service is stopping certain programs from running or saving data in a...

Discus and support Ransomware Protection Service is stopping certain programs from running or saving data in a... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I contacted support the number was 1461741435 but they cut communication from me for unknown reasons (they sent email they said they tried ringing... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ChrisSpirits, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Ransomware Protection Service is stopping certain programs from running or saving data in a...

I contacted support the number was 1461741435 but they cut communication from me for unknown reasons (they sent email they said they tried ringing (they didn't even try as my phone didn't ring and the number was correct)

To The Story:

A Number of steam games don't start up.

A Game cant save date to the computers hard drive.

Once I turn off Ransomware Protection they now work.

Things I have done: ( so I don't add to confusion of people telling me to do that when it has already been tried )

1. I went into Protected Folders , Allow an app through Controlled folder access and placed steam and some games in there but it still fails to load a game or save a game

2. before Microsoft cut me off they told me to go into MSCONFIG, Services, Hide all Microsoft services, Disable All, Restart computer, Than try to see if the games load up or save than.. None of that worked. the game still didn't load and also the game still wouldn't save.

3. any suggestions so I don't have to turn off Windows Security Ransomware

4. if I have other security running on my computer that is also NOT the issue. ( I don't like revealing over the internet that I may or may not have security on my computer so respect that privacy )

I MAY OR MAY NOT EDIT THESE DETAILS ABOVE - EITHER WAY PLEASE CHECK THIS REGULARLY

:)

ChrisSpirits, Feb 16, 2019
  2. Malware and ransomware protection

First things first:

1.) If you’re using Windows Defender, then the first thing you need to do is turn on Windows Defender’s new built-in
    Ransomware Protection – known as “Controlled Folder Access” (it’s disabled by default):

Stopping ransomware where it counts: Protecting your data with Controlled folder access - Microsoft Secure

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...guard/enable-controlled-folders-exploit-guard

2.) The next thing you should do is prepare for the worst by creating a backup of all of your personal files on a removable hard drive, flash drive, or recordable disk – and then disconnect the drive. If you have
    additional PCs, you can transfer your backups to those PCs. Once everything is backed up to an external device, you’re prepared to make a complete recovery in the event that your files
    are rendered inaccessible by malware or encrypted by ransomware. No one can destroy all of your personal files, or hold them hostage, if you just have your own copies of those files. It's really just that simple. So it should
    be reassuring to know that there is a surefire way to prevent the loss of import data and documents
    – because the threat landscape is evolving so rapidly that there’s really never any surefire way to prevent a malware or ransomware attack. "Back up your files" has always been the
    prime directive for any sound security strategy:

How to Protect Yourself from Ransomware (Like CryptoLocker and Others)

3.) Then, as time permits, you can go ahead and educate yourself to your heart’s content about all of the proper steps and strategies for avoiding malware and ransomware – keeping in mind, of course, that things are moving
    so fast that a good fraction of what you read will already be outdated –
    and remembering always these ancient words of wisdom: "The most profound knowledge of how to avoid pitfalls is of little use to a man trapped in a storm sewer".

GreginMich, Feb 16, 2019
  3. John Sarc Win User

Ransomware Protection Service is stopping certain programs from running or saving data in a...

stoping running programs

Hi,

There are certain apps in Windows that aren't possible to be stopped as they're needed by your system. If you want to stop certain apps to be stopped from running in the back ground, follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key, and type in "task manager".
    • Choose Task Manager > More details.
    • Right-click on the apps that you want to stop from running, and click on
      End task

Let us know what happens after following the suggestion.

John Sarc, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Ransomware Protection Service is stopping certain programs from running or saving data in a...

1. Ransomware Protection Service is stopping certain programs from running or saving data in a... - Similar Threads - Ransomware Protection Service

2. ransomware protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ransomware protection: will microsoft defender's ransomware protection work if using avira free antivirus.avira free's ransomware protection is locked behind a paywall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ransomware-protection/5c6595fe-f89a-4e70-816c-2aff4929aac5
  3. Ransomware protection bricking programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ransomware protection bricking programs: So I just built myself a new machine, did a clean install on everything from my old one (which, my old one I dont think had ransomware protection? Or atleast I never had anything block anything on my programs?) and well, I go on about installing drivers, all the programs I...
  4. Ransomware protection

Ransomware protection: That ransomware protection that Windows Defender has might a little to over-protection. When turned on: It will not access save games from Origin and other EA games Uplay seems not the problem I find it really necessary to share this information. It seems like Win Defender...
  5. Protection Against Ransomwares

Protection Against Ransomwares: Does the Microsoft know all about ransomware? Microsoft's persons can catch them but...deal [Original Title: Protactions] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/protection-against-ransomwares/9dcfe6bc-8fa9-424d-a8cb-488a7095f186
  6. Stopping Programs and Services from Loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stopping Programs and Services from Loading: I would like to create a User on my Windows 10 PC, so when that user logs on that only certain Processes/Services/Programs load or Start. I know many of you will REPLY with things like "why would you want to do that?" or "you should just get a different PC" Any help on...
  7. Protect yourself from Ransomware

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Protect yourself from Ransomware: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enable-controlled-folder-access-windows-10-fall-creators-update submitted by /u/wclinch [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fc4dp3/protect_yourself_from_ransomware/
  8. Save your files to OneDrive for expanded ransomware protection

in Windows 10 News
    Save your files to OneDrive for expanded ransomware protection: If you want an additional layer of protection from ransomware, try saving your files in OneDrive. It’s part of the new experiences that arrived with the Windows 10 April 2018 Update. Here’s how it works: If a ransomware threat is found on a device, Windows Defender will...
  9. Ransomware Protection?

Ransomware Protection?: Been visiting a website that discusses ransomware and all of the nasty things that can happen, starting to make me paranoid. Data files are backed up and stored offline, but still...So, I am looking for a quality anti-ransomware software package. As I am new to this concept,...
  10. UAC blocking certain programs from running at startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC blocking certain programs from running at startup: I'm having issues with any programs which "Run as Administrator" loading at startup. Steam and Rainmeter are the two which are really annoying me just now. If I use the aero tweak tool to completely disable UAC then these programs start without any issues, but as soon as I...