Windows 10: ransomware protection yellow triangle in onedrive

Discus and support ransomware protection yellow triangle in onedrive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I get the gray x on many folders that don't open. I have a feeling it's because I can't get rid of the onedrive problem. Always says "set up... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by porsche914gt, Feb 16, 2021.

1. ransomware protection yellow triangle in onedrive

I get the gray x on many folders that don't open.

I have a feeling it's because I can't get rid of the onedrive problem.

Always says "set up onedrive" which I already am setup and signed in

Then says "you are already syncing a onedrive" and can't go any further.

Thanks.

:)

porsche914gt, Feb 16, 2021

2. windows security wont help with ransomware protection

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing while setting up the
    Ransomware protection feature on your PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows Version and Build of Windows 10 installed? (Type
      winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?
    • Is OneDrive installed on the PC?

In this scenario, if OneDrive is missing, we can try the following steps and check.

1. Download and install
      OneDrive
    2. Once OneDrive is installed, then sign in with your Microsoft account.
    3. Then Press Windows + I key and select Updates & Security.
    4. Click on Windows Security from the left pane.
    5. Click on Virus & threat protection.
    6. Scroll down and check if you still have the Setup OneDrive button.
    7. Click on Manage ransomware protection link and you will see your Microsoft Account under OneDrive.

You may also refer these articles for more information:

Microsoft Defender
    Antivirus in the Windows Security app

Stopping ransomware
    where it counts: Protecting your data with Controlled folder access

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Brink Win User

ransomware protection yellow triangle in onedrive

OneDrive Files Restore and Windows Defender ransomware protection

Source: OneDrive Files Restore and Windows Defender takes ransomware protection one step further - Microsoft Tech Community - 188001

Brink, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

ransomware protection yellow triangle in onedrive

1. ransomware protection yellow triangle in onedrive - Similar Threads - ransomware protection yellow

2. Device Security - Yellow Triangle!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Security - Yellow Triangle!: Something I installed must have also installed Norton 360. I uninstalled, rebooted,, then noticed a shiels with a yellow triangle in my hidden icons on the taskbar. I click and it takes me to Security at a glance. Inder Device Security there is a yellow triangle & it says...
  3. Device Security - Yellow Triangle!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Security - Yellow Triangle!: Something I installed must have also installed Norton 360. I uninstalled, rebooted,, then noticed a shiels with a yellow triangle in my hidden icons on the taskbar. I click and it takes me to Security at a glance. Inder Device Security there is a yellow triangle & it says...
  4. Other device problem Yellow triangle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Other device problem Yellow triangle: Hi i have 2 questions for other device see attach image:What does the "other devices" list mean?If they are not found, can they damage the system or create instability?Can I remove them from the list?I tried to update them but they are not found, how can i fix this this...
  5. Ransomware protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ransomware protection: That ransomware protection that Windows Defender has might a little to over-protection. When turned on: It will not access save games from Origin and other EA games Uplay seems not the problem I find it really necessary to share this information. It seems like Win Defender...
  6. Ransomware protection without Onedrive?

Ransomware protection without Onedrive?: What if you dont have a OneDrive attached? how does Ransomware protect and recreate files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ransomware-protection-without-onedrive/98eb7df4-ad53-4ebb-9846-f593344a82d0
  7. Windows defender yellow triangle

Windows defender yellow triangle: I noticed that a little yellow triangle with an exclamation point shows up next to the windows defender icon. I'm not sure how to get rid of it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks[ATTACH]...
  8. coprocessor with yellow triangle please help!

coprocessor with yellow triangle please help!: i came across the coprocessor on the device manager. It has this yellow triangle and i bet i need to get its driver or download it somewhere. PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03F4&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A2 PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03F4&SUBSYS_00000000 PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03F4&REV_A2...
  9. multimedia controller yellow triangle .

multimedia controller yellow triangle .: hi there, just ran windows defender and noticed there was a yellow triangle over device performance and health. followed the instructions but find there is no multimedia controlled installed ? i went into device manager and tried right clicking on the multimedia controller...
  10. Yellow Triangle on Ethernet taskbar icon?!?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yellow Triangle on Ethernet taskbar icon?!?!: I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10 and having this annoying issue where the yellow triangle over the ethernet icon in the taskbar will not go away. I can get online and surf so not sure whats going on. I did install the new lan drivers but still getting the annoying...