Windows 10: Ransomware renamed all of my files in all folders

Discus and support Ransomware renamed all of my files in all folders in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So i was playing call of duty, lockdown i mean there isnt much to do at home Suddenly my PC started acting weird. Then i noticed all my files went... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jurick Genaro, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Ransomware renamed all of my files in all folders

So i was playing call of duty, lockdown i mean there isnt much to do at home
    Suddenly my PC started acting weird. Then i noticed all my files went blank.
    So as i was scrolling to my docs and all my other files... they all have this .id blah blah blah. Idk how this got passed my windows defender, while just only playing CoD lol. I cleaned the virus completely with malwarebytes and hitman pro and even reinstalled my windows because all the programs were corrupted as well.
    Ransomware renamed all of my files in all folders 13134546-4e20-4d10-ad3e-cb858ae64242?upload=true.png

This is what they look like. I've been scrolling on google for batfile ideas that i can use to maybe revert this. split the names in 2 and remove all the .id's but i was unable to. Is there any way this can be done besides doing each file 1 by 1?

:)

Jurick Genaro, Apr 2, 2020

2. files and folders "renaming music folder to audio"

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Are you facing any issues in renaming folder?
    • When you say, "music folder does not apply anymore as a primary designation" what exactly are you referring to?
    Follow the steps below to rename folder:

• Right click on a folder which you want to rename.
    • Select Rename and enter new name for it.
    Hope this helps. Kindly get back to us with the above details to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Renaming local files and folders issue

Hi,

To further assist you with renaming local files and folders, we suggest for you to check this

link
    and see the steps which has the marked as answer.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Smeed Win User
Thema:

Ransomware renamed all of my files in all folders

1. Ransomware renamed all of my files in all folders - Similar Threads - Ransomware renamed files

2. Unable to rename folder or file in a long path folder in Windows File Explorer in all...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to rename folder or file in a long path folder in Windows File Explorer in all...: long path folder means more than 260 character longI have done these steps but issue is still exist:1. Check if long path names are enabled in the registry. You can do this by opening the Registry Editor regedit.exe and navigating to...
  3. Unable to rename folder or file in a long path folder in Windows File Explorer in all...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to rename folder or file in a long path folder in Windows File Explorer in all...: long path folder means more than 260 character longI have done these steps but issue is still exist:1. Check if long path names are enabled in the registry. You can do this by opening the Registry Editor regedit.exe and navigating to...
  4. Unable to rename folder or file in a long path folder in Windows File Explorer in all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Deadbolt Ransomware encrypted all my Onedrive files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deadbolt Ransomware encrypted all my Onedrive files: All my files in OneDrive have been infected by Deadlock Ransomware, is it possible to get the files restored with the backup from last 20days? Is it possible? how to request it?...
  6. My all files got renamed to monochrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My all files got renamed to monochrome: Hello microsoft idk its a bug or what but my all files got rename to monochrome1 monochrome2 i re-name a file to monochrome and my all files got rename to monochrome...
  7. Is there a quick way to rename all files within a folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a quick way to rename all files within a folder?: Is there a quick way to rename files within a folder? In my situation, all of the files have a date, that I update quarterly. Currently, I painstakingly select F2, End, and then rename the part of the date portion. So for example, if the folder had 12 files consisting of...
  8. Ransomware renamed all of my files in all folders

Ransomware renamed all of my files in all folders: So i was playing call of duty, lockdown i mean there isnt much to do at home Suddenly my PC started acting weird. Then i noticed all my files went blank. So as i was scrolling to my docs and all my other files... they all have this .id blah blah blah. Idk how this got passed...
  9. Undo- all folders on desktop renamed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Undo- all folders on desktop renamed: Hello, Using Windows 10 I created a new folder on my desktop, renamed it to pictures, had a conflict with something in my recycle bin and clicked cancel. After that all my icons on my desktop changed to a variation of random (number). (Pictures 1-15) This happened to...
  10. All files encrypted by bip ransomware

All files encrypted by bip ransomware: Files encrypted by Trojan Ransom. All file folders encrypted by the Bip Ransomware. I need Decryption tools. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_scanning-windows_7/all-files-encrypted-by-bip-ransomware/91e1dd17-9762-431e-bd55-79b7501662fe