Windows 10: Ransomware Warning

Discus and support Ransomware Warning in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A number of major news websites have seen adverts hijacked by a malicious campaign that attempts to install “ransomware” on users computers The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by dencal, Mar 19, 2016.

1. dencal Win User

Ransomware Warning

A number of major news websites have seen adverts hijacked by a malicious campaign that attempts to install “ransomware” on users computers

The attack, which was targeted at US users, hit websites including the New York Times, the BBC, AOL and the NFL over the weekend. Combined, the targeted sites have traffic in the billions of visitors.

Large Angler Malvertising Campaign Hits Top Publishers | Malwarebytes Labs

:)

dencal, Mar 19, 2016
  2. Taffy087 Win User

If I install Mbam *** Windows Premium (Malwarebytes), will it interfere with Defender? Win 10

*** Not to be confused with "Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring (MBAM)"

I no longer use Norton and rely upon Defender. I also have Mbam Free which runs when I request it to. I've been impressed with reviews for the latest Mbam Windows Premium, described by them as a
    "next-generation antivirus replacement. The first of its kind for home users, Malwarebytes for Windows employs four independent technology modules—anti-malware, anti-ransomware, anti-exploit, and malicious website protection—to block and remove both known
    and unknown threats."
    Their publicity is currently focussing on the latest ransomware attack in the US & Eastern Europe that they call BadRabbit.

What with Krebs' latest dire warnings about Reaper & IoTroop and similar warnings from Network Security/Qualys, I now feel the time has come for me to have strong live protection in place.

Am I over-reacting? Will Defender stop these new ransomware and other nasties attacks, and as I say in the title will having Mbam's paid-for new product interfere with Defenders?

Moved from: Windows 10/Security & privacy

Taffy087, Mar 19, 2016
  3. Jsssssssss, Mar 19, 2016
  4. Ransomware Warning

Time to install Malwarebytes anti Ransomware. Thanks for the information *Smile

Sumit Dhiman, Mar 19, 2016
  5. gtspeck Win User
    Thanks for the heads up*Eek

gtspeck, Mar 19, 2016
  6. I missed it, all links are already down, I was looking forward to some testing. *Huh

TairikuOkami, Mar 19, 2016
  7. COMPUTIAC Guest, Mar 19, 2016
  8. Ransomware Warning

I meant links for ransomware, not anti-ransomware. *Wink

TairikuOkami, Mar 19, 2016
  9. Sorry, I thought about that after I posted it.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Mar 19, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Mar 19, 2016
  11. Yes, I have it installed and it looks like this when you open it.

Ransomware Warning [​IMG]

12. davidhk Win User
    I had it installed and afterwards, it opened up and told me I was protected. I did not read everything it said, and I "x" it out.

NOW, I tried to open its desktop shortcut, but it will not open.

*** adding : I went to its file location > right click at the exe > click Send to > desktop shortcut..
    Then I tried to open the exe shortcut, it will not open.

I have Malwarebytes free edition installed. Does that mean something. Perhaps a conflict ?

davidhk, Mar 19, 2016
  13. Ransomware Warning

Same thing happened to me. I did a restart and it worked again.

14. davidhk Win User
    I just finished uninstalling it > then reinstall.
    Again I am protected window appeared.
    I still cannot open the desktop shortcut.

davidhk, Mar 19, 2016
  15. COMPUTIAC Guest, Mar 19, 2016
Thema:

Ransomware Warning

1. Ransomware Warning - Similar Threads - Ransomware Warning

2. I need a decryption tool for Qeza ransomware to open doc files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need a decryption tool for Qeza ransomware to open doc files.: To get this software you need write on our e-mail: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Reserve e-mail address to contact us: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Your personal ID: 0869PsawqSqq7Z7h24RVjiVQo0xVIXExd0KAhI9HiO8zfP9Ro1...
  3. I need a decryption tool for Qeza ransomware to open doc files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need a decryption tool for Qeza ransomware to open doc files.: To get this software you need write on our e-mail: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Reserve e-mail address to contact us: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Your personal ID: 0869PsawqSqq7Z7h24RVjiVQo0xVIXExd0KAhI9HiO8zfP9Ro1...
  4. ransomware problem bgzq

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ransomware problem bgzq: Hello Everyone, all files on my PC are encrypted by a ransomware virus, and I did a new operating system but all files with the extension .bgzqand there are very important files ,at least I need to restore some of them , I would appreciate for any help to solve that...
  5. ransomware problem

ransomware problem: Hello Everyone, all files on my PC are encrypted by a ransomware virus, and I did a new operating system but all files with the extension .bgzqand there are very important files ,at least I need to restore some of them , I would appreciate for any help to solve that...
  6. Pop-up Ransomware Warning

Pop-up Ransomware Warning: The other day, I clicked on a link for an interesting article. I was pinged with a supposed ransomware attack. Knowing everything that I know about computers, I immediately clicked CTRL ALT DEL together to bring up Task Manager and ended the task. You will not be able to...
  7. Windows Security Virus & thread protection warning for ransomware protection

Windows Security Virus & thread protection warning for ransomware protection: I have Windows 10 Home with all the updates installed as of 2019-11-30, 15:38 UTC. For a couple of weeks, the notification centre warning has been annoying me with asking to set up OneDrive, which I do not want to use. When I click on "Dismiss", I expect the warning to...
  8. Microsoft warns for “Criminal case against you fax” ransomware campaig

Microsoft warns for “Criminal case against you fax” ransomware campaig: Thought I might put this out for our members interest..... Read the full article here: 70066
  9. Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa

Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa: Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa [img] See also here: Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa 50418
  10. Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa

in Windows 10 News
    Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa [img] Warning: The Petya ransomware strain signaled a new escalation for crypto-malware when it surfaced in March. For the first time, ransomware went beyond encrypting files on local and shared drives...