Windows 10: Ransomware Warning

Discus and support Ransomware Warning in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Yes. Restart does the trick. It's opening now. Last question : Do I still need to run the |Malwarebytes ant-virus free edition ? I suppose so,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by dencal, Mar 19, 2016.

1. davidhk Win User

Ransomware Warning

Yes. Restart does the trick.

It's opening now.

Last question :
    Do I still need to run the |Malwarebytes ant-virus free edition ?
    I suppose so, but just want to make sure.

davidhk, Mar 19, 2016
  2. Winuser Win User

I had to much trouble running Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomeware so I uninstalled it. I'm going to wait for a few more updates than I'll try it again. Until than I have my backups if I need them.

Winuser, Mar 19, 2016
  3. Yes, I have the paid version and I did not touch any settings in it.
    The anti-ransome and anti-exploit both run well with the regular MBAM.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Mar 19, 2016
  4. Ransomware Warning

What trouble did you have ?
    I installed it and there is nothing to do, no setting at all to change.

5. Winuser Win User
    It blocked my Office 365 install. I had to reinstall Office to get it working again.

Winuser, Mar 19, 2016
  6. AndreTen Win User
    MB Antiransomware is in beta. Running beta anti anything on beta system is usually not a good thing to do.

But we are all living on the Edge here. *Biggrin

If you have problems, you can try Cryptoprevent.

AndreTen, Mar 19, 2016
  7. Winuser Win User
    I knew was beta when I installed it. I only installed it for testing. I will be testing it again after a few updates.

Winuser, Mar 19, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Ransomware Warning

I have discovered thee methods that offer much more protection than any anti-malware program ever has in the past.

1. I run Firefox browser with Adblock Plus add-on installed. The difference in webpages without all the advertising is amazing. In addition since the ads containing malware never load, no malware problems!

2. Be extremely careful when clicking OK or I Accept or even cancel. If it is a pop-up window in a browser, look for the little X that closes the window. If you can't find a little X that closes the windows, then Cntrl-Alt-Del and kill the browser process from task manager.

3. Also, when installing programs/apps, always select the custom or advanced install option, even if you want the default program installed. Many times the undesired extra programs get installed because the user did not opt out or deselect them by not choosing the advanced or custom install option. And make sure the EULA (license agreement) that you are agreeing to is for the actual program that you want to install and not some included unwanted program bundled with it.

Finally, if you do catch browser based malware, most of it can be eradicated with a good hard drive cleaning with CCleaner and windows built-in disk cleanup.

I have seen many instances of malware slipping right by the anti-malware programs because the user inadvertently clicked accept to install the malware.

NavyLCDR, Mar 19, 2016
  9. AndreTen Win User
    Of course, I understood it. You know, that when it is out of beta it will be included in Malwarebytes Antimalware, but not for free.

AndreTen, Mar 19, 2016
  10. AndreTen Win User
    There is a link to test file, which is not dangerous somewhere in Malwarebytes forum.

AndreTen, Mar 19, 2016
  11. In response to your #3, I use this for the sneaky one's :
    Unchecky - Keeps your checkboxes clear

Proof it works.

Ransomware Warning [​IMG]

12. Thanks, I have found some links to live ransomware specimen at malware domain lists. *Nerd

TairikuOkami, Mar 19, 2016
  13. AndreTen Win User

Ransomware Warning

I wouldn't touch that with a mile long stick. Obviously, you like to live on the Edge. *chuckle

AndreTen, Mar 19, 2016
  14. Winuser Win User
    I'm using the life time paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware so if they do I'm ready. I haven't checked lately, They may have fixed the false positive with Office 365.

Winuser, Mar 19, 2016
  15. There might be a solution here :
    Search results - Malwarebytes Forums

Thema:

Ransomware Warning

1. Ransomware Warning - Similar Threads - Ransomware Warning

2. What is the difference between ransomware and Microsoft's Bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the difference between ransomware and Microsoft's Bitlocker?: Not a lot. I have never consented to have Bitlocker on my device and yet I have this mystery code that I am unable to access in order for me to access my own data. And yes I have tried all the useless suggestions from Microsoft. I have just had to pay £150 to have my computer...
  3. What is the difference between ransomware and Microsoft's Bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the difference between ransomware and Microsoft's Bitlocker?: Not a lot. I have never consented to have Bitlocker on my device and yet I have this mystery code that I am unable to access in order for me to access my own data. And yes I have tried all the useless suggestions from Microsoft. I have just had to pay £150 to have my computer...
  4. What is the difference between ransomware and Microsoft's Bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I recover files from a ransomware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover files from a ransomware?: A friend of mine experienced a cyberattack. This is the second time in the last year. The person got hacked.They want to recover their files from a Wiaw ransomware attack. How do they do that? Please help. Their OS is Windows 11 intel i3core desktop....
  6. Pop-up Ransomware Warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pop-up Ransomware Warning: The other day, I clicked on a link for an interesting article. I was pinged with a supposed ransomware attack. Knowing everything that I know about computers, I immediately clicked CTRL ALT DEL together to bring up Task Manager and ended the task. You will not be able to...
  7. Windows Security Virus & thread protection warning for ransomware protection

Windows Security Virus & thread protection warning for ransomware protection: I have Windows 10 Home with all the updates installed as of 2019-11-30, 15:38 UTC. For a couple of weeks, the notification centre warning has been annoying me with asking to set up OneDrive, which I do not want to use. When I click on "Dismiss", I expect the warning to...
  8. Microsoft warns for “Criminal case against you fax” ransomware campaig

Microsoft warns for “Criminal case against you fax” ransomware campaig: Thought I might put this out for our members interest..... Read the full article here: 70066
  9. Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa

Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa: Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa [img] See also here: Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa 50418
  10. Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa

in Windows 10 News
    Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa [img] Warning: The Petya ransomware strain signaled a new escalation for crypto-malware when it surfaced in March. For the first time, ransomware went beyond encrypting files on local and shared drives...