Windows 10: Ransomware Warning

Discus and support Ransomware Warning in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In response to your #3, I use this for the sneaky one's : Unchecky - Keeps your checkboxes clear Proof it works. [img] Thanks! I'll give it a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by dencal, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Winuser Win User

Ransomware Warning

Thanks! I'll give it a try and see how it good works. *Smile

Winuser, Mar 19, 2016

2. You're welcome, if I did not use it myself I would not suggest it.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Mar 19, 2016
  3. Winuser Win User
    I checked your link and didn't see anything about The false positive for Office actually being fixed yet. I'll wait a little longer before trying it again.

Winuser, Mar 19, 2016
  4. Fafhrd Win User

Ransomware Warning

Until Windows 8 came along and spoilt it by Windows Defender determining that a certain user-editable file (if modified by the user) was being modified by malware, and reset the file to default settings, using a modified file would send any recognised unwanted malware IP addresses to the localhost loopback address at 127.0.0.0, or at 10.0.0.0.
    Maintained by the folks at
    Let me google that for you
    the database contains names and IP addresses of many of the malware sources that disfigure, dishonestly misdirect, and misinform on pages at software download sites, news media pages and sites that are often mostly harmless, but that monetarize with gaudy panels that often lead to dishonest and malicious downloads.

Fortunately. it seems that Windows 10 allows user modification of this file, without the reversion found in Windows 8, so it works again.

This post has been shrouded in fog to comply with forum rule XIII *Smile

Fafhrd, Mar 19, 2016
  5. AndreTen Win User
    Try this one: at malwarebytes

AndreTen, Mar 19, 2016
  6. Phone Man Win User
    If you read the article, these malware use various exploits to install the malware load and the exploit is blocked by Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and the free version protects most browsers and java. I run it along with Malwarebytes Pro.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Mar 19, 2016
  7. dencal Win User
    *really
    You are assuming everyone has Malwarebytes Ante-Exploit installed,
    And your suggestion I did not read the article.....it would be daft to post a thread without reading it.
    Too many assumptions.

dencal, Mar 20, 2016
  8. Phone Man Win User

Ransomware Warning

I was not assuming anything. I quoted your post for the information and link for the article. After reading all the other posts I was letting others know that MBAM Anti-Exploit will protect them for getting this malware which no one else seems to mention including you.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Mar 20, 2016
  9. Winuser Win User
    Winuser, Mar 20, 2016
  10. dencal Win User
    The following Quote is copy pasted from the article, anyone reading it would be well advised.

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit blocks the malvertising attack when it launches the exploit kit:

dencal, Mar 20, 2016
  11. Phone Man Win User
    Phone Man, Mar 20, 2016
  12. dencal Win User
    dencal, Mar 20, 2016
  13. Ransomware Warning

COMPUTIAC Guest, Mar 20, 2016
  14. AndreTen Win User
    I just pointed to a thread in forum. I don't use it either *Wink.

I'm using a similar set as you do, except MB AntiMalware, but using WinPatrol. And I added CryptoPrevent in the last weeks. Two of my family members have caught different variants over last few months. They have no clue where. Probably through adds or social contact.

AndreTen, Mar 20, 2016
  15. Winuser Win User
    Winuser, Mar 20, 2016
Thema:

Ransomware Warning

1. Ransomware Warning - Similar Threads - Ransomware Warning

2. ransomware problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ransomware problem: Hello Everyone, all files on my PC are encrypted by a ransomware virus, and I did a new operating system but all files with the extension .bgzqand there are very important files ,at least I need to restore some of them , I would appreciate for any help to solve that...
  3. ransomware problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ransomware problem: Hello Everyone, all files on my PC are encrypted by a ransomware virus, and I did a new operating system but all files with the extension .bgzqand there are very important files ,at least I need to restore some of them , I would appreciate for any help to solve that...
  4. ransomware problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft has converted Windows to its own ransomware!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft has converted Windows to its own ransomware!: I have an old laptop that came with winXP preinstalled, it was upgraded to win7 by the previous owner. They wiped it in preparation for selling it to me using the "prepare to sell" option, I'm sure. When I logged onto the computer after the wipe, it now shows as non-genuine....
  6. Pop-up Ransomware Warning

Pop-up Ransomware Warning: The other day, I clicked on a link for an interesting article. I was pinged with a supposed ransomware attack. Knowing everything that I know about computers, I immediately clicked CTRL ALT DEL together to bring up Task Manager and ended the task. You will not be able to...
  7. Windows Security Virus & thread protection warning for ransomware protection

Windows Security Virus & thread protection warning for ransomware protection: I have Windows 10 Home with all the updates installed as of 2019-11-30, 15:38 UTC. For a couple of weeks, the notification centre warning has been annoying me with asking to set up OneDrive, which I do not want to use. When I click on "Dismiss", I expect the warning to...
  8. Microsoft warns for “Criminal case against you fax” ransomware campaig

Microsoft warns for “Criminal case against you fax” ransomware campaig: Thought I might put this out for our members interest..... Read the full article here: 70066
  9. Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa

Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa: Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa [img] See also here: Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa 50418
  10. Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa

in Windows 10 News
    Warning: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa: Latest Petya Ransomware Strain Comes with a Failsafe: Mischa [img] Warning: The Petya ransomware strain signaled a new escalation for crypto-malware when it surfaced in March. For the first time, ransomware went beyond encrypting files on local and shared drives...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitdefender ransomware remediation application exception tiworker.exe