Windows 10: Ransomware: What to do if disaster strikes?

Discus and support Ransomware: What to do if disaster strikes? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; FYI... Interesting Emsisoft and MSP360 Webinar... > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPai7YsLzDg... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ṣmeed, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Ṣmeed Win User

Ransomware: What to do if disaster strikes?

Ṣmeed, Dec 27, 2019
  2. Smeed Win User
  3. I have been infected with Ransomware

Oh.

I see that a Community Moderator converted your thread from a Discussion to a Question.

Do you have a question?

It is not quite clear (to me at least) why you've created this thread....

In case that you do indeed have a problem with ransomware:

It would be helpful if you would describe your problem more precisely, see:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Without knowing more details, suggestion to read/do:

Try to identify with what Ransomware you're dealing here:
    https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/index.php

and read/follow this guide:
    How to remove ransomware the right way: A step-by-step guide

Also: See the pinned threads here:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/239/ransomware-help-tech-support/

Might be the best to get free expert help in above mentioned bleepingcomputer forum....

=======================

Also suggestion to read:

Jsssssssss, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Ransomware: What to do if disaster strikes?

ransomware

Adding to
    Le Boule's
    comments...

The best defensive strategy to protect yourself from malware and ransomware (crypto malware) infections is a

comprehensive approach
    to include prevention and your
    best defense is back up, back up, and more back up on a regular basis. When implementing a backup strategy
    include testing to ensure it works before an emergency arises; routinely check to verify backups are being made and stored properly; remove (disconnect) and isolate all backups from the network or home computer...if not, you risk ransomware
    infecting them when it strikes.

For more suggestions to protect yourself from ransomware infections, see my comments (Post #2) in this topic...Ransomware
    Avoidance
    ...it includes a list of prevention tools.

quietman7 - MVP, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Ransomware: What to do if disaster strikes?

1. Ransomware: What to do if disaster strikes? - Similar Threads - Ransomware disaster strikes

2. COBALT STRIKE BEACON!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COBALT STRIKE BEACON!!!!: Recibi un CORREO, que dice:Greetings! I have to share bad news with you. Approximately a few months ago, I gained access to your devices, which you use for internet browsing. After that, I have started tracking your internet activities. Here is the sequence of events:Some...
  3. Ctrl+D on strike

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ctrl+D on strike: For about a month on my Windows 10 Ctrl+D fails to do anything. I haven't found any other Ctrl+ failure. In the Chrome browser Ctrl+D records a tab as a bookmark, in Windows 10 it's supposed to Delete, in Excel to copy a cell and in other obscure programmes it has other...
  4. It is a disaster !!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    It is a disaster !!!: Hello Sir/Madam: The quality of my pc is dropping down ! Today, all at once, many of the "icons", around 1/3, on my screen can not open !! They are cut off from the internet! I have been using the window for around two decades, never saw such serious...
  5. Ransomware... Doing what?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ransomware... Doing what?: Hello. I was surfing the Net, and all of a sudden this came up. (See picture). I have Windows 10 and I use Windows Defender for virus protection because I actually thought it was good. Apparently not, otherwise I wouldn't be infected now. And according to Virustotal the...
  6. What should you do if your PC is infected form Ransomware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What should you do if your PC is infected form Ransomware: Ransomware infection can be pretty scary. If you see a note appear on your computer screen telling you that the computer is locked, or that your files are encrypted, don't panic. Instead, take a deep breath, sit down and consider your options. Find out what kind of...
  7. Start menu on strike

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu on strike: What has not been bugged up yet? The start menu? Since today it is. Does not work any more. As always I have tried the standard suggestions - and they are, as expected, useless - and I am not going to reset my PC. The PCs are meant for using, not for resetting, then running...
  8. ISO Disaster

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ISO Disaster: Very short version of very long story: Dell Support Assist has a bothersome error on my computer. I even got my ticket promoted to a very high (if not the highest) support level. Much time spent to trying to fix this; Dell finally said either do an ISO or send your computer...
  9. Upgrade Disasters

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Disasters: What is the best way to protect ourselves from Microsoft release of corrupt updates. When 1809 came out I was still suffering the same problems I had with 1803 and earlier with networking sharing which was totally changed since April. I could no longer access the drives on...
  10. BootMGR disaster

in Windows 10 Support
    BootMGR disaster: I started my PC this morning and was greeted with a BootMGR missing error, i followed a few things online including going into the CMD and entering the following codes; bootrec /RebuildBcd bootrec /FixMbr bootrec /FixBoot They didn't work so i've decided it would be...