Windows 10: Ransonware protection options

Discus and support Ransonware protection options in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hallo everyone, I need to get to the options, but it always says, that administrator has limited the access. Displays also in the Administrator... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dominik-----, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Ransonware protection options

Hallo everyone,

I need to get to the options, but it always says, that administrator has limited the access. Displays also in the Administrator account. Thanks for your answer.

:)

Dominik-----, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Ransonware?

If you can still normally use your computer, we suggest you perform the following to make your computer safe and protected:

• Change all of your passwords.
    • Scan your computer using an antivirus program. If you have a third party antivirus software installed, you can use it to scan your computer. You can also use Windows Defender to scan your computer. You can easily access Windows Defender by searching it
      on Cortana. We also suggest you download and run
      Malicious Software Removal Tool
      and
      Microsoft Safety Scanne
      r.
    • Clear the browsing data of your web browsers. It may delete your saved passwords but it's best to always type your password manually than saving it on your browser and performing an automatic login.
      • If you're using Internet Explorer, do these steps to clear the browsing data of Internet explorer:
        • Press the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard at the same time.
        • On run, type inetcpl.cpl.
        • On Internet Properties window, click on Advanced
          tab.
        • Click Reset....
        • Click the Delete personal settings check box, and then click
          Reset.
      • If you're using Microsoft Edge, follow these steps to clear the browsing data of Microsoft Edge:
        • Open Microsoft Edge.
        • On the upper right part of Microsoft Edge, click the "three dots" icon.
        • Choose Settings.
        • Under Clear browsing data, click Choose what to clear.
        • Click all of the check box, and then click Clear.
    • Check Programs and Features if there were new programs installed on your computer that you don't know. To do this, follow the steps below:
      • Right click the Windows logo (Start button).
      • Click Control Panel.
      • Select Program and Features.
      • Click Installed On, to sort the programs by recently installed programs.
      • If you see any programs that was recently installed that you don't know about, right click the program, and then choose
        Uninstall.
    If you still have any questions, kindly reply to this thread.

Argel Obm, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User
    Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Ransonware protection options

System Protection Recovery

Windows 10

1. Step 1: Right-click the lower-left corner and open System in the Quick Access Menu.
    2. Step 2: Choose System protection on the left.
    3. Step 3: Select a hard disk and tap Configure to move on.
    4. Step 4: Choose Turn on system protection and hit OK.
    5. Step 3: Select Disable system protection and hit OK.

HelpingHands1, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Ransonware protection options

1. Ransonware protection options - Similar Threads - Ransonware protection options

2. In windows security option their is no any option for virus and thread protection but a pop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In windows security option their is no any option for virus and thread protection but a pop...: I upload some images in which you can see that their is no any option for virus and thread protection.help me on solving this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-security-option-their-is-no-any-option/73a41391-95e5-4c81-b280-b1f3d4f53495
  3. .kruu ransonware/malware how to remove it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    .kruu ransonware/malware how to remove it: Good dayAny assitance on how to remove or get rid of .kruu virusransonware/malware it changed almost all myy file extensions to .kruu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/kruu-ransonwaremalware-how-to-remove-it/d523dd9c-8a67-48b4-aa43-bea64f99b57b
  4. Virus & threat protection option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virus & threat protection option: Last week I wanted to do a quick scan, but there was no"Virus & threat protection" option. So please can you tell me how to find/show the "Virus & threat protection"....
  5. Blue screen from ransonware??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen from ransonware??: I got a blue screen and Stop Code Critical Process Died. I can get to the Restore/ Repair tools in Advance options but but none of the six options solved the problem. I can get to 'This PC' and even I can see all my apps, folders and drives but nothing I try gets me out of...
  6. Windows Defender Ransonware protection blocks Samsung Magician

Windows Defender Ransonware protection blocks Samsung Magician: Hi, Win Defender Ransonware protection is blocking Samsung Magician, it isn't a problem at all, but aBlocked app notification would be great! Saving us time when troubleshooting any other app problem... Samsung Magician No Devices Found.[ATTACH] to solve it, we...
  7. Virus & threat protection option disappeared

Virus & threat protection option disappeared: I have attached a screenshot of my windows security, and as you can see, there is no "Virus & threat protection" option, when it should be in between "Home" and "Account protection". I have no idea how this happened. It just disappeared one day. I have already tried...
  8. Virus & threat protection option disapeared

Virus & threat protection option disapeared: I have attached a screenshot of my windows security, and as you can see, there is no "Virus & threat protection" option, when it should be in between "Home" and "Account protection". I have no idea how this happened. It just disappeared one day. I have already tried...
  9. Special update, to combat fraud, ransonware, etc.?

Special update, to combat fraud, ransonware, etc.?: Has there been a special update put out, lately, to combat fraud, ransomware, etc.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/special-update-to-combat-fraud-ransonware-etc/44b2ee38-f112-48cf-9775-ec9961030e68
  10. Problems with malware and ransonware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with malware and ransonware: I have a lenovo laptop with Win10, recently I had two problems: 1. Slow performance (it is a gaming laptop) 2. The entire content of a folder was deleted, not by me, I lost all my pictures!!! 3. I ran in the CMD the Attrib /d /s -r -h -s *.*, the diagnosis results shows...