Windows 10: RANT about Finding Wifi Password (and Windows in general)

Discus and support RANT about Finding Wifi Password (and Windows in general) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Full Disclosure -- I'm not seeking an answer. I'm letting off RANT steam. Please do not tell me to contact MS with this because this would have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by The Pool Man, Jan 31, 2020.

1. RANT about Finding Wifi Password (and Windows in general)

Full Disclosure -- I'm not seeking an answer. I'm letting off RANT steam. Please do not tell me to contact MS with this because this would have been fixed a long time ago if Microsoft 'thought' this way.

My retired Dad has a PC. Isn't Windows savvy at all. My wife visited him and asked what his Wifi-Password is. He had no clue. Better yet -- he wasn't even sure he had Wifi. Yes.

So you can go to Google or YouTube and find a couple hundred 'easy' ways to find out what his Wifi Password is. On his PC, of course. I was about to email him the simplest solutions and I decided not to. Because the best two WERE NOT simple for someone like my Dad.

It occurs to me that I should be able to say --

1. Dad. Bottom left of keyboard. See that funny key that looks like a flag or window? Hit it.
    2. Now type, "What is my Wifi password?"
    3. If it asks for your account password, provide it.
    4. Write down your password somewhere. Or click the button that says, "Save Password to desktop sticky note."

Now of course there are good odds he doesn't know his account password, but if he did -- wasn't that easy? If you do this one of 200 other ways I promise you that you have to click through about six things.

Why oh why hasn't Microsoft 10 created a team that ONLY reduces steps? That's all the team would do. Each time a member found an unnecessary step they get $5000. The system would simply FLY if all these stooooooopid situations were ever fixed.

Rant over.

:)

The Pool Man, Jan 31, 2020

2. wifi password

I am trying to find my wifi password, but am not able to find it.

the instructions given to me were:

Find your Wi-Fi password in Windows

Great! I can help you find your Wi-Fi password. Follow these steps:

1. Select Start > Settings > Network and Internet >
      Network and Sharing Center

1. Under the View your active networks tab, look for the network you’re connected to. Select the blue link next to
      Connections.

1. Select Wireless Properties in the pop-up window.

1. When the new pop-up window opens, navigate to the Security tab.

1. Check the box next to Show characters, and your Wi-Fi password will appear in the Network security key field.

I got to the network and sharing center, but, there was not
    View your active networks
    tab in the Network and sharing center tab.

so, how do I find my wifi password?

Ken or LindaGutierrez, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jan 31, 2020
  4. RANT about Finding Wifi Password (and Windows in general)

i forgot passwords to my wifi, i'm on it now is there any way to find them. lost paper there on

Hello Joseph,

Since your device is connected to your WiFi, finding your WiFi password through the Settings is easy. You can find it by following these steps:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Click Network and Sharing Center.
    • On the left pane, select Change adapter settings.
    • Right-click on your internet connection, and select Status.
    • Under Security tab, click Show Characters to show your WiFi password.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Antoneth Ber, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

RANT about Finding Wifi Password (and Windows in general)

1. RANT about Finding Wifi Password (and Windows in general) - Similar Threads - RANT Finding Wifi

2. Windows rant about having a TV as a second monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows rant about having a TV as a second monitor: I can't believe how stupid windows gets when there are more than one screen connected. And it's the simple things like if I open an app from MONITOR 1 then why is it opening on #2? It's just dumb. If I am doing something on this screen, then why would I want it to open on a...
  3. RANT AHEAD!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RANT AHEAD!!: Pardon my French, but f*** Microsoft/Windows and anything else they’re affiliated with!! I have been trying to fix my HP Laptop for TWO WEEKS NOW! I’m not looking for suggestions bc I tried them ALL! Advanced startup - ALL options have failed. Command prompt - FAILED....
  4. RANT AHEAD!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RANT AHEAD!!: Pardon my French, but f*** Microsoft/Windows and anything else they’re affiliated with!! I have been trying to fix my HP Laptop for TWO WEEKS NOW! I’m not looking for suggestions bc I tried them ALL! Advanced startup - ALL options have failed. Command prompt - FAILED....
  5. (Rant) Anyone find recording feature is really suck?

(Rant) Anyone find recording feature is really suck?: I find it unusable ! I try to open the game recording video thing, and hopefully to have a quick record pf my screen using shortcut window G or so. But come disappointing because it sometimes display the record button . Sometime the record buttons didnt even clickable....
  6. Can't find my WiFi password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find my WiFi password: I seem to have forgotten my WiFi password tried following the steps provided, see below [ATTACH] But I can't find the view your active networks... Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-wifi-password/1579535a-8757-4abf-8548-3eed9201219c
  7. finding WiFi Password in win 10

finding WiFi Password in win 10: Can't get WiFi password. Have followed all instructions up to the "connections" which shows WiFi name but clicking on it does nothing and won't allow me to proceed to "wireless properties" or then to "security" which should show my password. I've tried a dozen times - no...
  8. How to find my WiFi Password

How to find my WiFi Password: I followed the online instructions. But at "Connections", my blue field is Ethernet. I cannot open the additional windows per the instructions because they are not available from my Ethernet connection. Please help!...
  9. Windows rant

Windows rant: [ATTACH] Not here to talk bk n forth about it, just a rant I literally cannot help but notice more than ever these idiotic stuff pertaining to the way windows decides to operate.. First of all I use single and NOT double click to select things. Now, why is it when...
  10. General question about ffmpeg

in Windows 10 Support
    General question about ffmpeg: Hello, I am just curious and could not find an answer, so I'll ask here, please. Have some multimedia programs (video and audio) all portables. Each one has "ffmpeg,exe" in its folder. But file sizes are different: 269 kb to 448 kb, and one even 34,334 kb. Recently downloaded...