Windows 10: RANT: Done with Updates!!!

Discus and support RANT: Done with Updates!!! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm so infuriated! Yesterday, Microsoft made me force me update my PC to a security update that can't be uninstalled on July the 26th!!!! WHY CAN'T... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Stevie_Goodwin, Jul 27, 2020.

1. RANT: Done with Updates!!!

I'm so infuriated! Yesterday, Microsoft made me force me update my PC to a security update that can't be uninstalled on July the 26th!!!! WHY CAN'T MICROSOFT JUST EVER MAKE A VERSION OF WINDOWS 10 WHERE YOU CAN ACTUALLY TURN OFF UPDATES LIKE IN WINDOWS 7 AND XP!!!?!?!?! Microsoft needs to realize that Windows 10 is not a service. It's an OS! Why would Microsoft ever take the ability away to turn off updates. Very stupid move ever since Windows 10 came out! This is something Microsoft needs to listen to or they wont fix jack shit! I hope Microsoft goes bankrupt for this crap! I'm warning you MicroShit, Make a Windows 10 version where you can actually, ACTUALLY!!! turn off updates completely like in old versions of Windows or go bankrupt because i had to sit throught a screen where it says "Updating do not turn off your computer". I swear if Microsoft dont fix this shit then i'm going back to Windows 8.1 because i never had this kind of crap happen, EVER!!!!!

submitted by /u/Stevie_Goodwin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Stevie_Goodwin, Jul 27, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond RANT: Done with Updates!!! :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 27, 2020
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Jul 27, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

RANT: Done with Updates!!!

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

RANT: Done with Updates!!!

1. RANT: Done with Updates!!! - Similar Threads - RANT Done Updates

2. RANT AHEAD!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RANT AHEAD!!: Pardon my French, but f*** Microsoft/Windows and anything else they’re affiliated with!! I have been trying to fix my HP Laptop for TWO WEEKS NOW! I’m not looking for suggestions bc I tried them ALL! Advanced startup - ALL options have failed. Command prompt - FAILED....
  3. RANT AHEAD!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RANT AHEAD!!: Pardon my French, but f*** Microsoft/Windows and anything else they’re affiliated with!! I have been trying to fix my HP Laptop for TWO WEEKS NOW! I’m not looking for suggestions bc I tried them ALL! Advanced startup - ALL options have failed. Command prompt - FAILED....
  4. RANT AHEAD!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. RANT AHEAD!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Done downloading updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Done downloading updates: Every time I update Windows 10, I wind up spending a day trying to figure out how to get my system working properly again. Last time, my printer disappeared. This time my display faded like I was on a 1960's color tv watching Bonanza. I'm done downloading any updates. I'd...
  7. Windows rant

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows rant: [ATTACH] Not here to talk bk n forth about it, just a rant I literally cannot help but notice more than ever these idiotic stuff pertaining to the way windows decides to operate.. First of all I use single and NOT double click to select things. Now, why is it when...
  8. Dark Theme Windows Update [Suggestion / Rant]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dark Theme Windows Update [Suggestion / Rant]: The latest windows 10 update was just released. The first thing I noticed was that dark theme is available for File Explorer. I like having everything else on dark theme except for file explorer. It's horrible and I can hardly read any of the writing. Is there a way to...
  9. Enterprise - Windows Update Rant, Issues, Questions

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Enterprise - Windows Update Rant, Issues, Questions: Currently stuck in Windows Update hell. So I originally came to this forum looking for advice because Windows Update just wouldn't install updates for me. I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise. It just kept getting stuck at preparing to install updates at 97%, before giving me an...
  10. A Rant: Win Updates and their frustrations.

in Windows 10 Support
    A Rant: Win Updates and their frustrations.: Greetings everyone. Installing the Fall update. Took me the whole day, about. I hoped, that MicroSoft had learned by now, or changed their point of view on a few topics, but no... I made sure, before the update, that my system was as clean as possible, and updated to...