Windows 10: *RANT* The Windows Store is horrible

Discus and support *RANT* The Windows Store is horrible in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am on the newest and completely updated version of Windows 10. And nine out of ten times, it just ends with "Error" when I try to start downloading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thebrightmonkey, Feb 15, 2020.

1. *RANT* The Windows Store is horrible

I am on the newest and completely updated version of Windows 10.

And nine out of ten times, it just ends with "Error" when I try to start downloading an app, and says nothing about why it failed (except for "Give us a few minutes", something went wrong on our end). This is infuriating.

I've tried everything. Registry hacks, settings, removing/disabling my 3rd party antivirus app, reading long guides online. Absolutely nothing (including a complete reinstall!) works.

The Windows Store is a complete and utter failure. Please get your act together on this one Microsoft, and FIX this issue. This is 2020.

(Sorry for rant, but this piece of shit needs to work, yesterday. I'm glad I haven't bought expensive games or other stuff through the store yet)

submitted by /u/thebrightmonkey
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thebrightmonkey, Feb 15, 2020

2. windows store

Hi Botlhe,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you run the Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2:

If the issue persist, I suggest you to reset Windows Store cache and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key+ R.
    • Type wsreset.exe and hit
      Enter

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Feb 15, 2020
  4. *RANT* The Windows Store is horrible

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

*RANT* The Windows Store is horrible

1. *RANT* The Windows Store is horrible - Similar Threads - *RANT* Store horrible

2. hopeless Microsoft store app! Rant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hopeless Microsoft store app! Rant: Honestly I'm Microsoft user since DOS 3.3 till nowive seen my fair share of crappy products of Microsoft like Win Millennium, windows 8 etc ...but to make it icing on the cake is this Windows Store APP when its crash nothing works you can't even use basic software of windows...
  3. hopeless Microsoft store app! Rant

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    hopeless Microsoft store app! Rant: Honestly I'm Microsoft user since DOS 3.3 till nowive seen my fair share of crappy products of Microsoft like Win Millennium, windows 8 etc ...but to make it icing on the cake is this Windows Store APP when its crash nothing works you can't even use basic software of windows...
  4. hopeless Microsoft store app! Rant

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. RANT AHEAD!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RANT AHEAD!!: Pardon my French, but f*** Microsoft/Windows and anything else they’re affiliated with!! I have been trying to fix my HP Laptop for TWO WEEKS NOW! I’m not looking for suggestions bc I tried them ALL! Advanced startup - ALL options have failed. Command prompt - FAILED....
  6. RANT AHEAD!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RANT AHEAD!!: Pardon my French, but f*** Microsoft/Windows and anything else they’re affiliated with!! I have been trying to fix my HP Laptop for TWO WEEKS NOW! I’m not looking for suggestions bc I tried them ALL! Advanced startup - ALL options have failed. Command prompt - FAILED....
  7. RANT AHEAD!!

8. RANT AHEAD!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows rant

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows rant: [ATTACH] Not here to talk bk n forth about it, just a rant I literally cannot help but notice more than ever these idiotic stuff pertaining to the way windows decides to operate.. First of all I use single and NOT double click to select things. Now, why is it when...
  10. The Windows 10 'Apps Store' and its deployment is just horrible .. absolutely horrible.

The Windows 10 'Apps Store' and its deployment is just horrible .. absolutely horrible.: Thanks for trying to turn my computer into a Phone .. but, it's not working, Microsoft. I would remove the entire Apps Store feature if I could, but you've made that virtually impossible. I want control over every single application or program on my machine and you are...