Windows 10: Rapid boot loop, no repair screen just click of hard drive

Discus and support Rapid boot loop, no repair screen just click of hard drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It was letting me get to the repair screen then it would restart before I could do anything. Now it reboots rapidly like a heartbeat. I tried putting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by slyalys, Jul 8, 2019.

1. slyalys Win User

Rapid boot loop, no repair screen just click of hard drive

It was letting me get to the repair screen then it would restart before I could do anything. Now it reboots rapidly like a heartbeat. I tried putting the media USB drive in, nothing. I think a lighting storm took it out.

I tried booting it up without the battery in and it wouldn’t turn on from wall power.

Lenovo T520.

:)

slyalys, Jul 8, 2019
  2. David Haz Win User

Windows 10 Repair Boot Loop

Hi Jed,

If your computer is stuck in a boot-loop state of Windows, it could mean that automatic repair isn't able to repair a corrupted or broken system file, but attempts to repair it over and over again. For us to assist you properly in resolving this boot-loop
    state, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Did the issue occur even after removing the USB wireless mouse?
    • Aside from running DISM, what other troubleshooting steps have you done? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Rapid boot loop, no repair screen just click of hard drive

Automatic Repair Loop

Hi,

Unsuccessful installation of an update could be a possible cause why you are experiencing the automatic repair loop. To address this concern, we suggest running the Startup Repair tool using your bootable USB. This tool can scan and repair damaged system
    files. Follow these steps to run the Startup Repair tool:

• Insert the bootable USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
    • In the Windows Setup page, select the language to install, Time and currency format and the keyboard or input method and click on Next.
    • Click on Repair your computer and select Troubleshoot.
    • Click on Advanced options and select Automatic Repair and select the operating system. You might also require changing the boot priority in BIOS in order to allow the computer to boot from CD/DVD.

Important: While scanning the hard drive if any bad sectors are found, the scanner tries to repair that sector, any data available on that might be lost.

Note: Modifying BIOS settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications
    of the settings are at your own risk.

Keep us updated about the result.

Darleen Pen, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Rapid boot loop, no repair screen just click of hard drive

1. Rapid boot loop, no repair screen just click of hard drive - Similar Threads - Rapid boot loop

2. Auto Repair Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Repair Boot Loop: Okay so I have my Windows installed on Drive C:I also have a D: driveI was having issues with my computer freezing/crashing, eventually turning into a windows auto repair loop. So I go into the command prompt and use the command "bootrec.exe/ScanOs". It shows my Windows is...
  3. Automatic Repair Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repair Boot Loop: Hi there!I am experiencing essentially the same things that took place in this thread. I have so far tried doing the same things but am currently stuck being unable to boot from Windows 10 Installation Media via USB. I have tried multiple different USB sticks, creating the...
  4. Boot Loop Fixes Hard Drive Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot Loop Fixes Hard Drive Failure: Hello, I'm looking to get some advice/help on how to fix my laptop. One day I was restarting it and got stuck in an endless bootloop. After trying everything I could, I decided to check diagnostics Pressing esc when powering on computer and performed an extensive scan. The...
  5. Issue with repair loop and resetting hard drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with repair loop and resetting hard drive.: Alright, this might be a bit of a long post, but I am not really sure what the best course of action is here. I bought a Dell XPS 15 in the summer of 2020 and it has been working great. A few months ago I upgraded the storage from 256Gb to 1Tb. About a month after that I...
  6. boot loop repair

boot loop repair: Hi, I'm so happy to use this product. However, I have issues. My laptop is a Dell running Windows 10. One day I couldn't get online, and tried diagnostics and repair. Since that didn't work, the computer now boot loops to repair when turned on. It says..Preparing...
  7. Boot Loop and Automatic Repair Loop

Boot Loop and Automatic Repair Loop: i turned on my PC and it has the boot startup and the circle just keeps spinning so I kept restarting my pc then automatic repair showed up and did the same thing ive tried F8 but that doesn't work...
  8. Automatic Repair Boot Loop.

Automatic Repair Boot Loop.: I really don't want to reset my laptop fully and i will only do such a thing as a last resort, anyways this issue has been with me for a few months now and I really want to fix my laptop once and (maybe not) for all, so please i need a lot of help till this is fixed, i...
  9. Startup Repair Loop, maybe hard drive problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup Repair Loop, maybe hard drive problem?: Hey guys, this is my first time posting, so I'm sorry if I have posted in the wrong place. I've tried looking all over for an answer to my problem but I can't seem to find one. Since the last update of Windows 10, my computer has been stuck in a loop of startup Repair. I'd...
  10. Repair boot loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Repair boot loop: Hell guys can someone please help me. Yesterday while i was trying to on my laptop it was stuck on lenovo boot and redirects me to your pc didnt start properly and gives me an option to system restore, command prompt, startup repair, reset pc. I have tried all the possible...