Windows 10: .rar file to winRAR

Discus and support .rar file to winRAR in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; windows has .rar files to notepad and I cant switch it to be compatable with WinRAR.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by G41axyX, Mar 18, 2020.

1. G41axyX Win User

.rar file to winRAR

windows has .rar files to notepad and I cant switch it to be compatable with WinRAR.

:)

G41axyX, Mar 18, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    .rar files

Hello David,

The .rar file extension is the native format of WinRAR archiver. You can extract the said file using a third-party program like WinRAR or other RAR opener applications.

Let us know how it goes.

Jay Jap, Mar 18, 2020
  4. John582n Win User

.rar file to winRAR

John582n, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

.rar file to winRAR

1. .rar file to winRAR - Similar Threads - rar file winRAR

2. Why do deleted winRAR files .rar still appear in the extraction page area?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do deleted winRAR files .rar still appear in the extraction page area?: While extracting a .rar, winRAR gives me an option to choose which destination path to extract it to. However, when clicking on the down arrow next to that option, files that I've deleted still appear in the directory format as available options to extract to...
  3. Why do deleted winRAR files .rar still appear in the extraction page area?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do deleted winRAR files .rar still appear in the extraction page area?: While extracting a .rar, winRAR gives me an option to choose which destination path to extract it to. However, when clicking on the down arrow next to that option, files that I've deleted still appear in the directory format as available options to extract to...
  4. Why do deleted winRAR files .rar still appear in the extraction page area?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why do deleted winRAR files .rar still appear in the extraction page area?

6. How to open .rar files in Windows sandbox without needing to install WinRAR every time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open .rar files in Windows sandbox without needing to install WinRAR every time?: I have some rar files that might contain malware. I want to check the contents in windows sandbox. I am pretty new to this and dont know how I can do this without needing to install winrar every time just to open the contents of a rar file....
  7. How to open .rar files in Windows sandbox without needing to install WinRAR every time?

How to open .rar files in Windows sandbox without needing to install WinRAR every time?: I have some rar files that might contain malware. I want to check the contents in windows sandbox. I am pretty new to this and dont know how I can do this without needing to install winrar every time just to open the contents of a rar file....
  8. is WinRAR safe? I need to install RAR file but I don't know if it's safe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is WinRAR safe? I need to install RAR file but I don't know if it's safe: I was looking for a problem because my phone can't charge on only charge power off and I can't connect my phone with the PC so I was installing the file but it say that I need WinRAR because it was an RAR file and search WinRAR but it was a lot of pages so I need the official...
  9. .rar files

in Windows 10 Customization
    .rar files: When I Try To Open .rar Files Its Not Working PLESE HELP ME[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/rar-files/c25d582a-edae-4ea0-8b49-0ca1aa0e02eb
  10. Opening rar. files

in Windows 10 Support
    Opening rar. files: hello... how do I open a rar. file safety. I realize that I need an App but to do this but I'm aware that I may download other bumf when I do. So what I'm trying to say can you direct me to a a safe site ... free of coarse ...Joe 63168