Windows 10: .rar problems

Discus and support .rar problems in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I recently started modding gta v so i wanted to download a mod when i tried to open it i clicked notepad and accidently clicked open all rar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by maltheliam, Mar 17, 2020.

1. .rar problems

Hello

I recently started modding gta v so i wanted to download a mod when i tried to open it i clicked notepad and accidently clicked open all rar files with notepad and i cant find an app that i like so i would like some help so it doesn't open with a
    certain app

(sorry for no punctuation)

:)

maltheliam, Mar 17, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Rey Bel1 Win User
    Burning RAR file to DVD?

Hi Harry,

With Windows, RAR files can only be opened using a third party application. You can check online for different applications that works with Windows to open RAR files.

To burn files to a DVD in Window 10, you can try these steps:

• Right-click the file and select Send to then DVD
      Drive.
    • Open File Explorer, select your DVD
      drive, and then select Finish burning.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, Mar 17, 2020
  4. John582n Win User

.rar problems

John582n, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

.rar problems

1. .rar problems - Similar Threads - rar problems

2. Why do deleted winRAR files .rar still appear in the extraction page area?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do deleted winRAR files .rar still appear in the extraction page area?: While extracting a .rar, winRAR gives me an option to choose which destination path to extract it to. However, when clicking on the down arrow next to that option, files that I've deleted still appear in the directory format as available options to extract to...
  3. Why do deleted winRAR files .rar still appear in the extraction page area?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do deleted winRAR files .rar still appear in the extraction page area?: While extracting a .rar, winRAR gives me an option to choose which destination path to extract it to. However, when clicking on the down arrow next to that option, files that I've deleted still appear in the directory format as available options to extract to...
  4. Why do deleted winRAR files .rar still appear in the extraction page area?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why do deleted winRAR files .rar still appear in the extraction page area?

6. win 11 update claims it supports extracting the .rar archive files : Error 0x8096002A: No...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 11 update claims it supports extracting the .rar archive files : Error 0x8096002A: No...: hi,latest win 11 update claims it supports extracting the .rar archive files, however it fails to do so as depicted in the screenshot below with Error 0x8096002A: No error description available.caution :OS build : 22621.2506...
  7. win 11 update claims it supports extracting the .rar archive files : Error 0x8096002A: No...

win 11 update claims it supports extracting the .rar archive files : Error 0x8096002A: No...: hi,latest win 11 update claims it supports extracting the .rar archive files, however it fails to do so as depicted in the screenshot below with Error 0x8096002A: No error description available.caution :OS build : 22621.2506...
  8. fake win rar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fake win rar: I downloaded wintar from win-rar.com then I opened it for installation it ask admin privileges for installation but no new window showed up I checked the file on virustotal it shows trojen what should I do...
  9. fake win rar

fake win rar: I downloaded wintar from win-rar.com then I opened it for installation it ask admin privileges for installation but no new window showed up I checked the file on virustotal it shows trojen what should I do...
  10. How can I avoid Windows 11 to open rar files automatically?

How can I avoid Windows 11 to open rar files automatically?: Hello.Now, when I double-click a rar file, it is not managed by Winrar but by Windows Explorer. I would like to restore the .rar file association with Winrar, but I was unable. Any suggestion is highly appreciated. I abandoned using .zip files because this same reason, but...