Windows 10: RAT/Malware - Getting back Admin

Discus and support RAT/Malware - Getting back Admin in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’m trying to fix a family members computer. I suspect was exposed to a RAT, where they pose as windows employees and get access to the computer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/teslaorgin, Mar 18, 2021.

1. RAT/Malware - Getting back Admin

I’m trying to fix a family members computer. I suspect was exposed to a RAT, where they pose as windows employees and get access to the computer, remove you from admin and install adware etc. Can anyone identify if any of these are troublemakers on this computer?

CCleaner won’t let me remove “RebateAll” or “DNS Unlocker version 1.4” It says it can’t fine the specified files.

Theres a bunch of “desktop.ini” files on the desktop that are inaccessible

I have run tronscript which brought the disk usage from 100% to normal levels.

Access denied to “C:\documents and settings, C:\ProgramData\Application Data, C:\System Volume Information” and a bunch of other files

I am afraid it has infected their modem as well.

What steps should I take to reclaim this computer?

submitted by /u/teslaorgin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/teslaorgin, Mar 18, 2021

2. How to Remove RAT

I'm not sure if these Revenge-RAT v0.3 file detections have anything to do with what you are having:

What is this exe file? Is this file safe? Check here

When you're clicking on the red "Not trusted" you'll see more details and also links to respective VirusTotal scans.

Suggestion to run the Emsisoft Emergency Kit, see item 3 here:
    List of Malware Removal Tools

Perhaps it's best to ask for free expert help in a specialized forum, see i.e. here:

Might be best to do a clean reinstall, please do read through
    this
    thread.

Jsssssssss, Mar 18, 2021
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 18, 2021
  4. Boatvan Win User

RAT/Malware - Getting back Admin

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

RAT/Malware - Getting back Admin

1. RAT/Malware - Getting back Admin - Similar Threads - RAT Malware Getting

2. Windows eleven search index malware or is it rat ware ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows eleven search index malware or is it rat ware ?: I spent the last 3 days trying to fix my computer. I got all of my paused issues fixed. The problem is now is my CPU. Keeps maxing out to a 100. Well, I've got that somewhat kind of fixed with mwhereabouts running an hourly scan every hour, but the problem is. It spikes to a...
  3. Windows eleven search index malware or is it rat ware ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows eleven search index malware or is it rat ware ?: I spent the last 3 days trying to fix my computer. I got all of my paused issues fixed. The problem is now is my CPU. Keeps maxing out to a 100. Well, I've got that somewhat kind of fixed with mwhereabouts running an hourly scan every hour, but the problem is. It spikes to a...
  4. How to get admin rights back in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get admin rights back in windows: I have lost admin rights what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-admin-rights-back-in-windows/bc671641-49af-4fa0-b369-2c91865eb3f3
  5. Possible RAT

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible RAT: Hello,I am just now questioning that a RAT may still be in my computer, on the 12th of Feb I had a RAT that had gained access to my computer and stole all my passwords and sent it in an email to me, I thought I had deleted it but today I recieved an email from Sony where...
  6. ratting

ratting: So my old pc was ratted so I factory rest it 2-3 times and ran malware bytes and it still seems to be ratted is there anything I can do to make sure that its 100% off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ratting/8a0a6945-d64e-4739-bc25-99c63a436242
  7. Can malware get installed by a non-admin account without admin credentials?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can malware get installed by a non-admin account without admin credentials?: Is that possible? If yes, how can I fugure out if it has happened submitted by /u/xdxdxdk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k3sfg3/can_malware_get_installed_by_a_nonadmin_account/
  8. Can malwares (RATs more specifically) still work in the recycle bin?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can malwares (RATs more specifically) still work in the recycle bin?: So i ran a malwarebytes scan and it said i had malwares in my recycle bin ($RECYCLE.BIN). When I deleted the RAT I thought it would be gone but O guess they still work. I've completely deleted it now but I just wonder if theh still work submitted by /u/Hedts [link]...
  9. Problem with some kind of malware, worm, RAT, not sure.

Problem with some kind of malware, worm, RAT, not sure.: Some guys, old male aquaintances, boyfriends, etc, I used to know, a lot, hackers, and other people, got into my computer and have been watching me. a lot of the pages are edited and they also do stuff like flash the taskbar at the bottom of the screen and changing what my...
  10. Problem with some kind of malware, worm, RAT, not sure.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with some kind of malware, worm, RAT, not sure.: Some guys, old male aquaintances, boyfriends, etc, I used to know, a lot, hackers, and other people, got into my computer and have been watching me. a lot of the pages are edited and they also do stuff like flash the taskbar at the bottom of the screen and changing what my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. backadmin malware