Windows 10: Rather annoying that Windows has the feature to add special characters/emoji keyboard, but...

Discus and support Rather annoying that Windows has the feature to add special characters/emoji keyboard, but... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tomjarvis [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tomjarvis, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Rather annoying that Windows has the feature to add special characters/emoji keyboard, but...

/u/tomjarvis, Sep 6, 2020
  2. Thanatica Win User

Insert emoji/special characters anywhere

so, I have to admit it. On OSX there's a hotkey which makes a popup appear that has all kinds of specials characters and emoji the user can instantly insert into any text-ish field. I'm not familiar with OSX, but I know this one by accident.

Can Windows 10 please have something like that as well?

The touch keybaord isn't really suitable for this, for four reasons:

1) It's too far away from a text field

2) It's too touch-optimized, making it feel silly to operate with a mouse

3) Pressing any physical key makes it dissapear

4) It doesn't contain very many special characters at all, it's only "good" for emoji

So, press some kind of hotkey, like Win+something, and then a small popup appears at the caret position, which may or may not be similar to charmap. But without charmap's hassle of having to dig through *everything* and copypasting it.

Thanatica, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Zkuggi Win User
    Special keyboard characters.

I cannot find the special characters "ð" and "þ" in the Keyboard.

These are special Icelandic characters, Do they exist at all?

If not does anyone know if they will come with the Mango update?

Zkuggi, Sep 6, 2020
  4. Jaune Bel Win User

Rather annoying that Windows has the feature to add special characters/emoji keyboard, but...

How to fix emoji keyboard not showing up using shortcut

Hi,

This issue is often caused by a corrupted or missing data file. To better isolate if this is a user profile specific or an emerging issue, we suggest that you create a new user profile and try to use the same keyboard shortcut to get the emoji keyboard to
    show up. Here's the link for the steps on how to:
    Set up accounts

In the meantime, we'll give you the steps for a workaround to access the emojis. Here are the steps:

• Right-click on the Taskbar.
    • Select the Show touch keyboard button option and a keyboard icon will show up on your
      Taskbar.
    • Click the keyboard icon and select the emoji button.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Jaune Bel, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Rather annoying that Windows has the feature to add special characters/emoji keyboard, but...

1. Rather annoying that Windows has the feature to add special characters/emoji keyboard, but... - Similar Threads - Rather annoying has

2. special character is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    special character is not working: i am supporting couple companies and recetly have lot of issue with my users , the sepcial characters is not working and mostly users passwrd are include these characters and they cant log into their softwares and their account get locked , mostly after a reboot it back to...
  3. Special characters with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Special characters with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator: While I have successfully created layouts with the MKLC utility, my last attempt involved enhancing the keyboard with special characters through the Alt Gr + key combination. I wanted to add characters such as: Alt Gr + S: ßAlt Gr + <: «Alt Gr + >: » Alt Gr + :: …Alt Gr + N:...
  4. Special characters with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Special characters with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator: While I have successfully created layouts with the MKLC utility, my last attempt involved enhancing the keyboard with special characters through the Alt Gr + key combination. I wanted to add characters such as: Alt Gr + S: ßAlt Gr + <: «Alt Gr + >: » Alt Gr + :: …Alt Gr + N:...
  5. Add Custom Emojis to the Emoji Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add Custom Emojis to the Emoji Keyboard: I want to add custom emojis to the Emoji menu windows key + ., but I can't find the option.I have a feeling that there is no option, but I'm going to try asking anyway.So how do I do it?...
  6. Special characters in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Special characters in Windows 10?: Where is the program that shows special characters with their Alt keys? 148825
  7. special character ¥

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    special character ¥: I usually use three languages, English, Traditional Chinese and Japanese. And I, always, need to type the specail character "¥" using the keyboard combination of [ALT]165, but this cannot be done using English language keyboard, it will return a "?", only when I switch to...
  8. Cannot use special characters on the keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot use special characters on the keyboard: I installed two languages, French and Spanish. However I cannot use a trema above letters or use the wave in Spanish https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-use-special-characters-on-the-keyboard/95f34eff-3237-4032-aaa5-1f20dd5bd360
  9. Special characters in Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Special characters in Win10: Hi, we have a bit of a weird issue with special characters. (kind of hard to explain but I`ll try) We are currently running a Win10 pilot, and the users are saying that the special characters, like é and õ, differs from Windows 7, even though the language input (norwegian) is...
  10. Windows 10 tip: Access symbols, emojis, and other special characters

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 tip: Access symbols, emojis, and other special characters: Entering special characters, including foreign currency symbols, fractions, and emoji, is a cumbersome task on most physical keyboards. Use this hidden Windows 10 option to open an on-screen keyboard that puts all those options at your fingertips. By Ed Bott for The Ed...