Windows 10: rather odd start menu behavior this morning...

Discus and support rather odd start menu behavior this morning... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; so..this morning I boot up to do my radio show like I do every weekday morning, and come back with coffee and breakfast and I push my start key on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xraiderv1, Feb 7, 2016.

1. xraiderv1 Win User

rather odd start menu behavior this morning...

so..this morning I boot up to do my radio show like I do every weekday morning, and come back with coffee and breakfast and I push my start key on the keyboard, look up from contemplating my coffee 10 seconds later and then my start menu appears. 'so..ok thats strange' is my thoughts. I close out of the start menu, reopen...10 seconds later it appears. 'something funky chicken going on here' is the next thought. now this has happened before, so I follow my usual fix. I close out of everything and perform a restart. start menu works normally when the system finishes booting. 10 minutes later and its two minutes to 9..I push start, intending on checking the weather app...nothing. I look up, and rather than push a key on the keyboard..I click. nope.. 'ok...computer today is so not the day to have a senior moment' I think. so..second restart required. appears to be working normally now.

so...what the frak is going on? I doubt its a corrupted profile as things would be infinitely worse from what my research has told me.

I am using windows 10 version 1511 os build 10586.71

:)

xraiderv1, Feb 7, 2016

2. Update broke my phone

Hi Mike,

I've got issues with opening SOME apps on my updated 950, staring them.brings me back to start screen after a few seconds. I'm thinking of doing a hard reset, but I would rather not. Any updates on this odd behavior?

Jonas Lorander, Feb 7, 2016
  3. No start menu this morning, no OneDrive, no desktop background

Hi Sayan: thank you but the error is not the same as the one you linked. Neither method works as I neither have a functioning start button (when I press it nothing happens) nor a Windows key (when I press it nothing happens). I had mentioned that getting
    a command prompt was impossible.

Oh, apparently I have no tasks running, either, which I gather is an impossibility.

rather odd start menu behavior this morning... [​IMG]

Jack Yan, Jack Yan & Associates, Feb 7, 2016
Thema:

rather odd start menu behavior this morning...

1. rather odd start menu behavior this morning... - Similar Threads - rather odd start

2. Visual Studio Community Edition 15.8.9 Odd intellisense behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual Studio Community Edition 15.8.9 Odd intellisense behavior: I'm currently experiencing the oddest intellisense behavior with my C++ solutions. After a few hours of working on my solutions, Intellisense suddenly stops working and will not work unless I move my solution to another folder. I'm currently randomly folder hopping to...
  3. Making Win 10 'Start' menu 'written list' rather than tiles.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Making Win 10 'Start' menu 'written list' rather than tiles.: Hello all. Setting up a new Win 10 PC for my mum-in-law, and wish to make it look like my own Win 10 PC - but I can't remember how I did this. Currently her 'Start' menu looks like, well, the normal Win 10 one (see first photo). I wish to lose the list of tiled Apps and...
  4. Odd login behavior

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Odd login behavior: I'm working on a customer's computer and encountered something I've never seen before. Recently she upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When she goes to type her login password the login executes when she hits the last keystroke of the password. She doesn't have to...
  5. Odd hard drive behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Odd hard drive behavior: Two days ago I defraged my primary hard drive before I went to bed. When I woke up the next day my laptop was on a black screen so I held the power button until it shut down. When I tried to boot it up I got a message saying no hard drive was found. After a while of searching...
  6. Odd internet behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Odd internet behavior: We recently had an upgrade to our DSL service from 3mbs to 25mbs which required the modem to be exchanged for a new one. Before the upgrade the internet was working as soon as the PC booted to the desktop. But now, once booted to desktop, it takes another 30 seconds before...
  7. Odd hard drive behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Odd hard drive behavior: I have one month old 1tb hybrid hard drive and yesterday I was experiencing issues with it. It started to run slower than usual. Games wouldn't load as quickly and when I first booted into windows the desktop icons appeared as blank pieces of paper. Then when I opened...
  8. Really odd behavior when it comes to accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Really odd behavior when it comes to accounts: Ever since I did a fresh install of the Anniversary Update (after WU's attempt to install it ended fantastically awfulbad), I've had issues with keeping accounts logged in, in both browsers and in apps. With Chrome, I am finding that I am constantly being logged out of sites...
  9. Odd New Cortana/SearchUI Glitch? Delayed Open of Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd New Cortana/SearchUI Glitch? Delayed Open of Start Menu?: I started getting these odd delays. Cortana's button would no longer open her. when I pressed the windows key or pressed the start menu, it took about 2 seconds to pop up... Very odd, my PC has an i7 4790k, and 8gb of RAM, and an r9 290 in it all on an SSD with plenty of...
  10. Odd Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd Windows 10 Start Menu: I did a pc refresh on Windows 10. I installed a few drivers and software. After a few restarts i noticed these changes, Blurry start menu tiles,grey font and (sometimes) darkened tiles. Is there a reason why this happened? [img] I also have an Intel HD Graphics 5500...