Windows 10: rather odd start menu behavior this morning...

Discus and support rather odd start menu behavior this morning... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; so..this morning I boot up to do my radio show like I do every weekday morning, and come back with coffee and breakfast and I push my start key on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xraiderv1, Feb 7, 2016.

1. xraiderv1 Win User

rather odd start menu behavior this morning...

so..this morning I boot up to do my radio show like I do every weekday morning, and come back with coffee and breakfast and I push my start key on the keyboard, look up from contemplating my coffee 10 seconds later and then my start menu appears. 'so..ok thats strange' is my thoughts. I close out of the start menu, reopen...10 seconds later it appears. 'something funky chicken going on here' is the next thought. now this has happened before, so I follow my usual fix. I close out of everything and perform a restart. start menu works normally when the system finishes booting. 10 minutes later and its two minutes to 9..I push start, intending on checking the weather app...nothing. I look up, and rather than push a key on the keyboard..I click. nope.. 'ok...computer today is so not the day to have a senior moment' I think. so..second restart required. appears to be working normally now.

so...what the frak is going on? I doubt its a corrupted profile as things would be infinitely worse from what my research has told me.

I am using windows 10 version 1511 os build 10586.71

:)

xraiderv1, Feb 7, 2016

2. Update broke my phone

Hi Mike,

I've got issues with opening SOME apps on my updated 950, staring them.brings me back to start screen after a few seconds. I'm thinking of doing a hard reset, but I would rather not. Any updates on this odd behavior?

Jonas Lorander, Feb 7, 2016
  3. No start menu this morning, no OneDrive, no desktop background

Hi Sayan: thank you but the error is not the same as the one you linked. Neither method works as I neither have a functioning start button (when I press it nothing happens) nor a Windows key (when I press it nothing happens). I had mentioned that getting
    a command prompt was impossible.

Oh, apparently I have no tasks running, either, which I gather is an impossibility.

rather odd start menu behavior this morning... [​IMG]

Jack Yan, Jack Yan & Associates, Feb 7, 2016
Thema:

rather odd start menu behavior this morning...

1. rather odd start menu behavior this morning... - Similar Threads - rather odd start

2. Odd thing on windows start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Odd thing on windows start menu: I was going to shut down my computer when I noticed these two things at the top of the start menu. Create a cookbook and get the latest forecast. They are not there after I have restarted the computer. Are these normal or a sign of a virus?...
  3. Odd Windows 10 behaviors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd Windows 10 behaviors: Hello, Recently about 1 to 2 weeks my windows 10 has been acting weird : At start up, taskbar apps take a while to appear about 2-3 minutes, once appeared, apps that should start at startup begin to launchService Host : DCOM Server Process Launcher uses between 20-30% CPU and...
  4. Odd behavior of shortcut on start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd behavior of shortcut on start menu: As of a few days ago one, and only one, of the icons pinned on my start menu stopped responding to mouse clicks, right or left. It sits there not responding. In addition when I scroll my start menu up or down that particular icon stays in the same physical location on the...
  5. Odd behavior of shortcut on start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd behavior of shortcut on start menu: As of a few days ago one, and only one, of the icons pinned on my start menu stopped responding to mouse clicks, right or left. It sits there not responding. In addition when I scroll my start menu up or down that particular icon stays in the same physical location on the...
  6. Odd behavior of shortcut on start menu

7. Odd Start Menu Behaviour

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd Start Menu Behaviour: Hi, In addition to the odd behaviour of shortcuts on one machine (detailed in this thread: Odd problem with shortcut) I also have this oddity. The laptop has a start menu that is wide enough to fit 4 large 'live tiles' (?) side by side or 8 small tiles. The desktop has a...
  8. Strange behavior of the Start menu

Strange behavior of the Start menu: You can add shortcuts in the start menu, alphabetical list, by adding them in the old start menu location. What is strange is that if you add several shortcuts to the same program with different parameters, only one appears on the list, why ? No idea. Anyway it appears with...
  9. Odd login behavior

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Odd login behavior: I'm working on a customer's computer and encountered something I've never seen before. Recently she upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When she goes to type her login password the login executes when she hits the last keystroke of the password. She doesn't have to...
  10. Odd internet behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Odd internet behavior: We recently had an upgrade to our DSL service from 3mbs to 25mbs which required the modem to be exchanged for a new one. Before the upgrade the internet was working as soon as the PC booted to the desktop. But now, once booted to desktop, it takes another 30 seconds before...