Windows 10: "Ratings" on Music Files Can No Longer Be Edited on Windows 11

Discus and support "Ratings" on Music Files Can No Longer Be Edited on Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ever since I updated my operating system to Windows 11, I was unable to change the ratings of music files mp3, etc..Is this a common issue?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mr. Haban, Mar 18, 2022.

1. Mr. Haban Win User

"Ratings" on Music Files Can No Longer Be Edited on Windows 11

Ever since I updated my operating system to Windows 11, I was unable to change the ratings of music files mp3, etc..Is this a common issue?

:)

Mr. Haban, Mar 18, 2022
  2. bigseb Win User

Free Music Editing Software

I'm looking for software that can edit music files i.e. fade in/out, snipping, etc. Any suggestions?

Cheers!

bigseb, Mar 18, 2022
  3. Edit metadata autocomplete list for pictures/music files

I cannot find a way to delete/edit the autocomplete list displayed when editing the metadata on pictures. I get a list of previous entries (some of which are just plain junk) and would like to delete those as suggestions. I tried the steps with the following
    link and did not have any success. I do not have a AUTOCOMPLETE listing under "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer".

The locked thread for a similar question under Windows Vista:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...or-genre/df180c07-78e3-44c3-a337-231f7415aa39

Thanks,

Brian

Brian Z. Patton, Mar 18, 2022
  4. mss21 Win User

File Explorer search by rating "unrated" not working

I'm using Windows 10 Home version 1909 OS build 18363.657.

Following the latest Windows update, how File Explorer search works has changed. Previously I could type "rating:" in the search box to be presented with a checkbox list of 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 stars, and "unrated". This list no longer appears. If I type "rating:
    unrated" in the search box, the search no longer works. If I enter "rating:3 stars", for example, this does work. How do I now search my unrated files?

mss21, Mar 18, 2022
Thema:

1. "Ratings" on Music Files Can No Longer Be Edited on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Ratings Music Files

2. Windows 11 Explorer after Update: Can no longer edit Star Ratings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Explorer after Update: Can no longer edit Star Ratings?: Hello,I work with a lot of media files and use Star Ratings from the file properties to keep my files organized or to tag them coming from MacOS I was disappointed that there is no real file-tagging system in Windows.After the latest Windows 11 Update I can still see my...
  3. Windows 11 Explorer after Update: Can no longer edit Star Ratings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Explorer after Update: Can no longer edit Star Ratings?: Hello,I work with a lot of media files and use Star Ratings from the file properties to keep my files organized or to tag them coming from MacOS I was disappointed that there is no real file-tagging system in Windows.After the latest Windows 11 Update I can still see my...
  4. Can't edit any file details Rating windows 11.

Can't edit any file details Rating windows 11.: I Don't know what's the problem please any one help how can I edit this section in windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-edit-any-file-details-rating-windows-11/9352d5cb-8c71-4f25-995e-0802d6a424f2
  5. "Ratings" on Music Files Can No Longer Be Edited on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Ratings" on Music Files Can No Longer Be Edited on Windows 11: Ever since I updated my operating system to Windows 11, I was unable to change the ratings of music files mp3, etc..Is this a common issue?...
  6. can't change music files ratings such as mp3 in file properties in windows 11

can't change music files ratings such as mp3 in file properties in windows 11: In win 10 I used to right click on any mp3 file and select details tab in properties, then click on the stars next to rating to change it.In win 11, there are no stars, instead it is in written format. So if a file was rated with 3 stars, it'd be written "3 Stars" next to...
  7. Why I cannot rate music files in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I cannot rate music files in Windows 11?: For part of my music selection I use to rate star 1-5 the music files. In the File Explorer version of Windows 10 you could easily add a rating, changing the Properties below Extra of the music file. But in Windows 11 the File Explorer shows my Windows 10 ratings, but I'm not...
  8. Why I cannot rate music files in Windows 11?

Why I cannot rate music files in Windows 11?: For part of my music selection I use to rate star 1-5 the music files. In the File Explorer version of Windows 10 you could easily add a rating, changing the Properties below Extra of the music file. But in Windows 11 the File Explorer shows my Windows 10 ratings, but I'm not...
  9. Rating music in Windows 11 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rating music in Windows 11 File Explorer: For part of my music selection I use to rate star 1-5 the music files. In the File Explorer version of Windows 10 you could easily add a rating, changing the Properties below Extra of the music file. But in Windows 11 the File Explorer shows my Windows 10 ratings, but I'm not...
  10. Rating music in Windows 11 File Explorer

Rating music in Windows 11 File Explorer: For part of my music selection I use to rate star 1-5 the music files. In the File Explorer version of Windows 10 you could easily add a rating, changing the Properties below Extra of the music file. But in Windows 11 the File Explorer shows my Windows 10 ratings, but I'm not...