Windows 10: Razer Blade 15 2018 Webcam issues

Discus and support Razer Blade 15 2018 Webcam issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, I bought a 15 inch Razer blade laptop at a windows store in November 2018. It had been working great until my webcam drivers literally disappeared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tsiddle, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Tsiddle Win User

Razer Blade 15 2018 Webcam issues

Hey, I bought a 15 inch Razer blade laptop at a windows store in November 2018. It had been working great until my webcam drivers literally disappeared from my laptop device manager about 6-8 months ago. I only noticed this relatively recently because no app could detect the webcam literally installed in my device. Being a full time student who uses my laptop daily I wasn't able to leave my town and drive to a microsoft store two hours away to have a tech look at it before all the stores closed down. I now have two weeks before resuming school again and would love to fix this so that I can participate in my next term.

I was on the phone with a microsoft tech support agent for over an hour on Sunday and we tried everything both of us could find on the internet to get a driver to just appear in device manager even fully resetting the device which included a windows reinstall but nothing worked. I purchased the full protection plan for 2 years with the laptop, which expires in November, and was wondering if that is of any help here since it doesn't appear to be a software issue.

Has anybody had an issue like this and gotten it to appear again for them? At some point too the screen refresh rate was locked to 144hz, when before I could select between 60 and 144 in the settings, but I am unsure if that is related or just something Razer chose to do.

:)

Tsiddle, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Tsiddle Win User

Hey, I bought a 15 inch Razer blade laptop at a windows store in November 2018. It had been working great until my webcam drivers literally disappeared from my laptop device manager about 6-8 months ago. I only noticed this relatively recently because no
    app could detect the webcam literally installed in my device. Being a full time student who uses my laptop daily I wasn't able to leave my town and drive to a microsoft store two hours away to have a tech look at it before all the stores closed down. I now
    have two weeks before resuming school again and would love to fix this so that I can participate in my next term.

I was on the phone with a microsoft tech support agent for over an hour on Sunday and we tried everything both of us could find on the internet to get a driver to just appear in device manager (even fully resetting the device which included a windows reinstall)
    but nothing worked. I purchased the full protection plan for 2 years with the laptop, which expires in November, and was wondering if that is of any help here since it doesn't appear to be a software issue.

Has anybody had an issue like this and gotten it to appear again for them? At some point too the screen refresh rate was locked to 144hz, when before I could select between 60 and 144 in the settings, but I am unsure if that is related or just something
    Razer chose to do.

Tsiddle, Sep 10, 2020
  3. vik98rideordie, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Razer Blade 15 2018 Webcam issues

Hi! I'm Dan! An Independent Advisor and also a Microsoft user for several years. I'll be more than happy to assist you today!

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please DISREGARD any method with having to DOWNLOAD and PAY the THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE.

Please check out this article to further understand the cause of this issue and how to fix it.

https://windowsreport.com/cant-find-webcam-devi...

I hope this information is helpful. Please keep me updated on the status of this issue. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask and I will be glad to assist you.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly
    research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Best regards,

Dan

dnnglvcnt8, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Razer Blade 15 2018 Webcam issues - Similar Threads - Razer Blade 2018

2. Wifi issue on Razer Blade 15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi issue on Razer Blade 15: Hi,Im experience the same issue as this: Razer Blade gaming laptop intel WiFi adapter not working - Microsoft CommunityI have done a factory reset of the computer and updated to the latest drivers, both bios and the wifi, without any luck.Can you help?Info:Device...
  3. Wifi issue on Razer Blade 15

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi issue on Razer Blade 15: Hi,Im experience the same issue as this: Razer Blade gaming laptop intel WiFi adapter not working - Microsoft CommunityI have done a factory reset of the computer and updated to the latest drivers, both bios and the wifi, without any luck.Can you help?Info:Device...
  4. Razer Blade 15 2020BaseM DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Razer Blade 15 2020BaseM DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f: Hi. Getting BSOD for my Razer blade 15Razer Blade 15 2020 15.6" FHD Intel Core i7-10750H 2.6GHz / Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti / 16GB RAM / 256GB SSDIm getting it about a 2 months ago. First it was shown as I played games after closing game i couldnt shutdown laptop. Also when...
  5. Razer Blade 15 2020BaseM DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Razer Blade 15 2020BaseM DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f: Hi. Getting BSOD for my Razer blade 15Razer Blade 15 2020 15.6" FHD Intel Core i7-10750H 2.6GHz / Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti / 16GB RAM / 256GB SSDIm getting it about a 2 months ago. First it was shown as I played games after closing game i couldnt shutdown laptop. if you try...
  6. Razer Blade 15 2020BaseM DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Razer Blade 15 2020BaseM DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f: Hi. Getting BSOD for my Razer blade 15Razer Blade 15 2020 15.6" FHD Intel Core i7-10750H 2.6GHz / Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti / 16GB RAM / 256GB SSDIm getting it about a 2 months ago. First it was shown as I played games after closing game i couldnt shutdown laptop. if you try...
  7. Razer Blade 15 base model 2018 built in speakers are not playing sound.

Razer Blade 15 base model 2018 built in speakers are not playing sound.: In November of 2020, my computers main SSD failed and I had to replace the drive which had everything on it. Since then there have been a couple issues that have persisted and I have been unable to fix them. The built in speakers for the laptop will not play sound and don't...
  8. Razer blade 15

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Razer blade 15: Hello, I recently got a razer blade 15 base model two months ago and it won’t open any of the games I want it to. Wifi is running well, and I’ve factory reset it twice already. I tried various options to fix my laptop. I’ve updated my windows and updated my drivers. But I...
  9. The webcam doesn’t work after a clean install on my Razer Blade 15 2018, does anyone knows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The webcam doesn’t work after a clean install on my Razer Blade 15 2018, does anyone knows...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Riccardo_Whit3r [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ejcyr3/the_webcam_doesnt_work_after_a_clean_install_on/
  10. Razer Blade 15 (2019) Student Discounts

Razer Blade 15 (2019) Student Discounts: Will the following model Razer Blade 15 ever be in stock again at this discounted price? Razer Blade 15 RZ09-02887E92-MSU1 Gaming Laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/razer-blade-15-2019-student-discounts/ec030249-ae8f-40de-b39f-445cd0d75155

Users found this page by searching for:

1. razer blade webcam missing