Windows 10: Razer Blade Stealth 2017

Discus and support Razer Blade Stealth 2017 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Razer Blade Stealth (2017) Bought my Stealth back in 2017 and loved it. Had some bugs as all laptops do, but they started to get a little out of hand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/madeafromtmnt, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Razer Blade Stealth 2017

Razer Blade Stealth (2017)

Bought my Stealth back in 2017 and loved it. Had some bugs as all laptops do, but they started to get a little out of hand recently so I took it to Geek Squad and told them the following things;

-The audio overall was not working, not the built in speakers, not external speakers, not even the headphone jack or the headphones I plugged into a USB DAC/AMP.

-Touchscreen was not working.

-Overall performance was starting to slow down, so I asked if they could potentially back everything up onto my SSD and restart it (seems to be a little bit better)

I return to Best Buy and they say they can't fix either of my problems, and say that both are "hardware or manufacturer defect."

The audio problems came from Windows consistent reinstallation of Realtek drivers, something that is a recurring problem among a lot of laptops. After doing a small amount of research online, I disabled the drivers rather than just deleting them and waiting for them to reinstall.

As for the touchscreen, not much luck there. After digging through my settings, I found two things.

1) Settings -> System -> About > Pen and touch; No pen or touch input is available for this display

So it doesn't even recognize that it has a touchscreen in the first place

2) Device Manager -> Human Interface Devices, there doesn't seem to be a driver for the touch screen.

There are a few that just say HID - compliant device, so maybe one is for the touchscreen, but I don't know how to get that information. I can't find any touchscreen drivers on Razer's website, just touchscreen firmware.

So my questions are since Geek Squad has proven to be worthless, a) will disabling Realtek be enough for it to keep making itself the default, and b) what in the world do I do for the touchscreen?

submitted by /u/madeafromtmnt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/madeafromtmnt, Nov 21, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

IFA 2019: Razer Blade Stealth 13 worlds first gaming ultrabook

Source: IFA 2019: Razer announces 'world’s first gaming ultrabook' | Windows Experience Blog

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

Brink, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    IFA 2019: Razer Blade Stealth 13 worlds first gaming ultrabook

Source: IFA 2019: Razer announces 'world’s first gaming ultrabook' | Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Razer Blade Stealth 2017

vik98rideordie, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Razer Blade Stealth 2017

1. Razer Blade Stealth 2017 - Similar Threads - Razer Blade Stealth

2. Wifi issue on Razer Blade 15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi issue on Razer Blade 15: Hi,Im experience the same issue as this: Razer Blade gaming laptop intel WiFi adapter not working - Microsoft CommunityI have done a factory reset of the computer and updated to the latest drivers, both bios and the wifi, without any luck.Can you help?Info:Device...
  3. My 2017 razer Blade is infected with a very persistent and insiduous corruption and I am...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 2017 razer Blade is infected with a very persistent and insiduous corruption and I am...: Hello all,I have had a persistent virus or malware running on my 2017 Razer Blade x64 based PC IntelR CoreTM i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 6 Cores, 12 Logical Processors running Windows 11 Home edition, for some time now. I've run all manner of antivirus software, Spybot,...
  4. My 2017 razer Blade is infected with a very persistent and insiduous corruption and I am...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My 2017 razer Blade is infected with a very persistent and insiduous corruption and I am...: Hello all,I have had a persistent virus or malware running on my 2017 Razer Blade x64 based PC IntelR CoreTM i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 6 Cores, 12 Logical Processors running Windows 11 Home edition, for some time now. I've run all manner of antivirus software, Spybot,...
  5. Camera on Razer Blade laptop not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera on Razer Blade laptop not working: Hey guys,This seems to be a recurring thing with a lot of built in laptops that I have owned. For some reason my in-built camera is no longer working however was when I initially got it.I have followed the steps for all the guides I could find both through razer and windows...
  6. Screen Issue on 2020 Razer Blade Stealth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen Issue on 2020 Razer Blade Stealth: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BlackGlenCoco [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lapl3f/screen_issue_on_2020_razer_blade_stealth/
  7. Razer blade 15

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Razer blade 15: Hello, I recently got a razer blade 15 base model two months ago and it won’t open any of the games I want it to. Wifi is running well, and I’ve factory reset it twice already. I tried various options to fix my laptop. I’ve updated my windows and updated my drivers. But I...
  8. IFA 2019: Razer Blade Stealth 13 worlds first gaming ultrabook

in Windows 10 News
    IFA 2019: Razer Blade Stealth 13 worlds first gaming ultrabook: [ATTACH] At this week’s IFA tradeshow in Berlin, Razer announced their new Razer Blade Stealth 13 with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 graphics, which the company is calling the “world’s first gaming ultrabook.” Powered by Intel’s new 10th Generation processor, it packs gaming...
  9. Stuck on aptio setup utility -2017, Razer blade stealth

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on aptio setup utility -2017, Razer blade stealth: So it's been sending me on the aptio setup for a bit now but I usually got out of it easily and now I'm stuck I can't get out of it. No matter what I try it won't let me leave that screen. I've done all the things that have been recommended and I still can't leave this page....
  10. Macbook Pro 2016 Retina vs Razer Blade Stealth QHD 128GB for college

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Macbook Pro 2016 Retina vs Razer Blade Stealth QHD 128GB for college: Howdy! My old laptop died after 6 years of use and I'm looking for a new one. I'm eyeballing the ones above but they're factors that make it hard for me to decide A: Macbooks are great for productivity with pro software and battery is superior B: Stealth is cheaper...