Windows 10: Razer Kraken Kitty Edition not being detected as Audio Device. HELP!

Discus and support Razer Kraken Kitty Edition not being detected as Audio Device. HELP! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My usb headset is being detected under Human Interface Devices on Device Manager and I am unable to use it as an audio device. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ghoulies, Nov 30, 2023.

1. ghoulies Win User

Razer Kraken Kitty Edition not being detected as Audio Device. HELP!

My usb headset is being detected under Human Interface Devices on Device Manager and I am unable to use it as an audio device. I have tried reinstalling the device and reinstalling its software Synapse. I have tried the steps on the Razer device detection executable. It still is being detected under Human Interface Devices on Device Manager. Please help. I've tried all of the troubleshooting steps on the Razer website.

:)

ghoulies, Nov 30, 2023

2. Razer Kraken Kitty is not being detected as an audio device

Hello, JanneRaquel

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with your Razer Kraken Kitty headset. Here are some solutions you can try:

• Restart your computer.
    • Check if “Speakers (7.1 Surround Sound)” is selected as the default output device in the Windows Sound settings. Launch the 7.1 Surround Sound software and select the output device where you would like to apply 7.1 Surround Sound on.
    • Ensure the audio jack is properly plugged in. Check for dirt or debris in audio ports and on the audio jack. Try the headset on different computers to check if your USB ports or drivers are the issue.
    Learn more troubleshooting steps below:

How to troubleshoot and resolve a headset or headphone with no sound, poor or no audio, or uneven audio balance (razer.com)

Razer Kraken Kitty Edition | RZ04-02980 Support & FAQs

Fix sound or audio problems in Windows - Microsoft Support

If your device is still not detected, you can use the Device Detection Troubleshoot Tool to help resolve the issue: How to use the Device Detection Troubleshoot Tool (razer.com)

Disclaimer: Microsoft provides no assurances and/or warranties, implied or otherwise, and is not responsible for the information you receive from the third-party linked sites or any support related to technology.

Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Best regards

Yuhao Li

Microsoft Community Technical Support

Yuhao Li - MSFT, Nov 30, 2023
  3. Razer Kraken Kitty is not being detected as an audio device

My usb headset is being detected under Human Interface Devices on Device Manager and I am unable to use it as an audio device. I have tried reinstalling the device and reinstalling its software Synapse.

JanneRaquel, Nov 30, 2023
  4. Razer Kraken Kitty Edition not being detected as Audio Device. HELP!

Razer Goes Metal With Kraken Forged Edition Headphones

Razer, the world leader in high-performance gaming hardware, software and systems, today announced the launch of its new top-of-the-line headphones: the Razer Kraken Forged Edition.

Crafted with ear cups that are machined out of aircraft-grade aluminum and finished with a matte texture, the Razer Kraken Forged Edition is carefully hand-assembled, ensuring the build quality matches the premium looks and guts.

Razer Kraken Kitty Edition not being detected as Audio Device. HELP! Razer_Kraken_Forged_Edition_01_thm.jpg

Razer Kraken Kitty Edition not being detected as Audio Device. HELP! Razer_Kraken_Forged_Edition_02_thm.jpg

Razer Kraken Kitty Edition not being detected as Audio Device. HELP! Razer_Kraken_Forged_Edition_03_thm.jpg

Razer's renowned audio engineers spent countless hours fine-tuning the Kraken Forged Edition's 40 mm bass-heavy drivers to perfection. As a result, the neodymium pair work in unison with the headphone's acoustic chambers and isolated closed ear cup design to deliver booming bass, clear mids and crisp highs for sound that's optimized for music and pitch-perfect for gaming.

With plush leatherette ear cushions lining the ear cups, a fully adjustable headband and a lightweight, foldable design, the Razer Kraken Forged Edition headphones are designed for extended use.

The Razer Kraken Forged Edition also includes a swappable cable with an in-line microphone, giving users the versatility to easily convert it into a headset for gaming or telephony.

"These are the best headphones on the market for both music and gaming, period," says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder, CEO and creative director. "We've made some incredible audio products in our time, and I'm proud to say that we have taken another huge step forward in terms of audio quality in a pair of headphones with phenomenal fit and finish."

For more information about the Razer Kraken Forged Edition, check out www.razerzone.com/Kraken-Forged.

Price: U.S. $299.99 / EU €299.99

Availability:
    Razerzone.com - Order Now
    Worldwide - December 2013

Technical Specifications:

HEADPHONES
    • Drivers: 40 mm Neodymium Magnets
    • Frequency Response: 20 - 20,000 Hz
    • Impedance: 32 Ω at 1 kHz
    • Sensitivity @ 1 kHz: 100 dB ± 3 dB
    • Input Power: 30 mW
    • Approximate Weight: 390 g
    MICROPHONE
    • Frequency Response: 50 - 10,000 Hz
    • Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 60 dB
    • Sensitivity (@ 1 kHz, 1 V / Pa): -38 dB ± 3 dB
    • Pick-up Pattern: Omni-directional
    GENERAL FEATURES
    • Machined, aircraft-grade aluminum
    • Custom-tuned 40 mm neodymium magnet drivers
    • Hand-assembled
    • Comfortable, versatile form factor
    • Closed ear cup design for optimal sound isolation
    • Foldable ear cup design
    • Hard carrying case for portability
    • ¼-in. audio connector included
    • Swappable cable system with included in-line microphone cable
    SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
    • Audio Usage: Devices with 3.5 mm or ¼-in. audio jack
    • Audio + Microphone Usage: Devices with 3.5 mm audio + mic combined jack
      (Compatible with Apple iPhone, HTC, BlackBerry. The Razer Kraken Forged works well with smart phones and laptops that come default with a 4 pin TRRS audio + mic combined jack. Razer cannot guarantee performance for use with third party splitter cables.)
    For more information about the Razer Kraken Forged Edition, please visit www.razerzone.com/Kraken-Forged.

Cristian_25H, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

Razer Kraken Kitty Edition not being detected as Audio Device. HELP!

1. Razer Kraken Kitty Edition not being detected as Audio Device. HELP! - Similar Threads - Razer Kraken Kitty

2. Razer Kraken Kitty Edition not being detected as Audio Device. HELP!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Razer Kraken Kitty Edition not being detected as Audio Device. HELP!: My usb headset is being detected under Human Interface Devices on Device Manager and I am unable to use it as an audio device. I have tried reinstalling the device and reinstalling its software Synapse. I have tried the steps on the Razer device detection executable. It still...
  3. Razer Kraken Kitty Edition not being detected as Audio Device. HELP!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Razer Kraken Kitty Edition not being detected as Audio Device. HELP!: My usb headset is being detected under Human Interface Devices on Device Manager and I am unable to use it as an audio device. I have tried reinstalling the device and reinstalling its software Synapse. I have tried the steps on the Razer device detection executable. It still...
  4. Razer Kraken Kitty is not being detected as an audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Razer Kraken Kitty is not being detected as an audio device: My usb headset is being detected under Human Interface Devices on Device Manager and I am unable to use it as an audio device. I have tried reinstalling the device and reinstalling its software Synapse....
  5. Razer Kraken Kitty is not being detected as an audio device

Razer Kraken Kitty is not being detected as an audio device: My usb headset is being detected under Human Interface Devices on Device Manager and I am unable to use it as an audio device. I have tried reinstalling the device and reinstalling its software Synapse....
  6. Razer Kraken Kitty is not being detected as an audio device

7. While im playing games my headset Razer Kraken Kitty switches to different audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While im playing games my headset Razer Kraken Kitty switches to different audio device: While im playing games like counter strike on MW2 my headset switches over to my speakers and other audio devices which it obviously shouldn't unless its being prompted to but audio from spotify or the like doesnt change alongside the game audio i tried every usb and the...
  8. While im playing games my headset Razer Kraken Kitty switches to different audio device

While im playing games my headset Razer Kraken Kitty switches to different audio device: While im playing games like counter strike on MW2 my headset switches over to my speakers and other audio devices which it obviously shouldn't unless its being prompted to but audio from spotify or the like doesnt change alongside the game audio i tried every usb and the...
  9. razer kraken headphones

razer kraken headphones: dud i got the most bizzare problem my razer kraken headsets are not showing on device manager my headphones work only audio also the mic doesnt work only on my xbox i tryed aloot of tutorials and it doesnt work also deliting hight definiton audio devices on my laptop and...
  10. Audio/Device driver issue with Razer Kraken 7.1 V2

Audio/Device driver issue with Razer Kraken 7.1 V2: Hi,I'm having constant blue screen error and general errors in event viewer roughly 9/10 per hour. It all started suddendly after a grafic driver update a couple of weeks ago and since then the audio driver is always labelled "generic" although I have installed new specific...