Windows 10: Razer SoftMiner uses your GPU to mine cryptocurrency

Discus and support Razer SoftMiner uses your GPU to mine cryptocurrency in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Yesterday I had a total what the heck moment when I received a message from forum user Angantyr informing me that Razer partnered with a company called... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Razer SoftMiner uses your GPU to mine cryptocurrency

Read more: Razer SoftMiner uses your GPU to mine cryptocurrency

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

:)

Brink, Dec 13, 2018

2. Is ethminer (a cryptocurrency mining application), from NiceHash Miner 1.6.0.0, a malware?

Hi. Numerous sources (websites/categories of websites related to cryptocurrencies) state that ethminer, cgminer, sgminer or any other cryptocurrency mining application are the so called "false positives", as long as they were downloaded from a theoretically
    trustworthy source, as is NiceHash Miner, which comes with numerous cryptocurrency mining applications, being ethminer one of them.

According to Virus Total, an online service which uploads samples and verify in a database the most popular antivirus if they detect some malware, Kaspersky, a well established antivirus, won't detect it as malware, which makes me wonder if the aforementioned
    file (ethminer.exe) is indeed some malware at all. Thanks in advance!

Acácio_BR, Dec 13, 2018
  3. AshantiX Win User
    GPU Integration Crypto-mining

Windows 10 pro works fine!! not with gpu mining. I purchased 6 Sapphire RX 570 8 GB for the purpose of mining. Each card was installed one at time and as reached installing the 4 gpu I get an Thread Stuck in Driver. I've install 17.8.2 Driver with manufacture
    installation tool and manually and used backward compatible driver too.

I am using a Biostar BT250-BTC ver.6 Motherboard. and Intel Celeron G3950 CPU with 16GB of RAM. I appreciated someone with similar specs walk me through the Bio,Windows 10 and Gpu installation. After 3 weeks of troubleshooting I figured that I keep
    missing a key step.

Razer SoftMiner uses your GPU to mine cryptocurrency cc1c2ee2-a6bc-4a31-b580-5a8e1e85a320.png

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

AshantiX, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Tony K Win User

Nvidia speaks out against rising price of GPUs due to cryptocurrency

In reading some articles including the OP's linked one I see it has nothing to do with Bitcoin or similar cryptocurrency mining any longer, for that has been solved because a "specialized application-specific integrated chip (ASIC) mining hardware" solved it. There's a new kid in town called Ether cryptocurrency in which that fix no longer suffices. So now the bad-guy miners once again are creating shortages, for they again need the computing power of GPUs to do so via Ethereum. Therefore, higher demand in a free enterprise system drives up prices.

This is due to manufactures and retailers taking advantage of the shortage, for a product is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. When they see this flow of shortage (stock in time sold) they raise prices for the goal of more profit. This entails all products and companies up the line to create that end product.

That's not just what companies do, they need to do it to answer to investors. It's been this way ever since Eve handed Adam the commodity of the fruit. *Wink

Cryptocurrency Mining: What It Is, How It Works And Who's Making Money Off It | Benzinga

Tony K, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Razer SoftMiner uses your GPU to mine cryptocurrency - Similar Threads - Razer SoftMiner uses

2. taskkill.exe and razer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskkill.exe and razer: I'm trying to open the Razer Synapse app, but when i do, it just closes after 2 seconds. It keeps trying to re-open its self, but sometimes when it does, a administrative permission screen pops up telling me that "terminates proccess" is trying to close razer, which directory...
  3. Windows cryptocurrency and voting systems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows cryptocurrency and voting systems: Can you make cryptocurrency for Microsoft all Microsoft Windows devices Can you blockchain Windows Can you MS coin voting systems mobile app blockchain open source with open source the data of voting transparent blockchain as well MS coin can be campaign donation transparent...
  4. Scanning for cryptocurrency mining malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scanning for cryptocurrency mining malware: My windows 10 version is Home, 20H2, 64 bit. Build 19042.685 Many times, while having my laptop sit idle for few minutes, it heats up and fan speed go high. This happens mostly when during noon time when I often have to get off the laptop to answer the doorbell. No heavy...
  5. GPU not being used

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPU not being used: Both of my monitors are connected. They're both using my integrated graphics even though my GPU NVIDIA Geforce 540M is connected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpu-not-being-used/0d77df90-53a9-4215-8c4d-9af2cbf22539
  6. Scanning for cryptocurrency mining malware

in Windows 10 Support
    Scanning for cryptocurrency mining malware: My windows 10 version is Home, 20H2, 64 bit. Build 19042.685 Many times, while having my laptop sit idle for few minutes, it heats up and fan speed go high. This happens mostly when during noon time when I often have to get off the laptop to answer the doorbell. No heavy...
  7. Strange PC behavior, cryptocurrency malware or bug?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange PC behavior, cryptocurrency malware or bug?: Hi, guys so I'm noticing lately that my laptop is acting really strange. Sometimes the fans will suddenly turn on when I'm not using it. I've always felt that there was some kind of malware. Now I do regular scans using Windows defender and MalwareBytes. They always come out...
  8. Can't uninstall razer softminer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't uninstall razer softminer: My windows defender flagged several razer files. I told it to remove it, but they keep popping back up. I then uninstalled everything related to razer stupid me installed stuff with my new razer keyboard and didn't look at it again. It uninstaled everything except softminer...
  9. Cryptocurrency mining malware disables security to remain undetected

in Windows 10 News
    Cryptocurrency mining malware disables security to remain undetected: Cryptojacking campaign targets Linux servers that haven't had patches for known vulnerabilities applied. A form of cryptojacking malware has added the ability to disable cloud security software to help avoid detection and increase its chance of illicitly mining for...
  10. Your Software detroyed valuable intellectual properties of mine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your Software detroyed valuable intellectual properties of mine: I just installed your software (Windows 10) less than 20 hours ago. Upon installing it said, you'll be able to access your files under a folder named "windows.old" . I proceeded. After the installation, the files were indeed there and, were able to be accessed. However,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. graphics device driver too old softminer

2. how to fix razor softminer saying graphics drivers too old

3. graphic device driver maybe too old softminer razer

4. softminer graphics may be too old,
  5. ethminer.exe razer softminer,
  6. softminer graphics device driver too old