Windows 10: RBAC or limited access for Hyper-V on Windows 10 in Domain

Discus and support RBAC or limited access for Hyper-V on Windows 10 in Domain in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, We've domain 2008 R2 soon will be 2012 R2 or 2016 at least which all systems Windows 10 Professional are part of it and all users are normal... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sohrab Kasraeianfard, Apr 20, 2020.

1. RBAC or limited access for Hyper-V on Windows 10 in Domain

Hi,

We've domain 2008 R2 soon will be 2012 R2 or 2016 at least which all systems Windows 10 Professional are part of it and all users are normal limited users.

We want to enabled Hyper-V feature on their system so they can have VMs on their own system instead of us hosting VM for them and they connect remotely.

We are looking for a way to limit their access to Hyper-V so they'll not change anything in virtual switch configuration nor VM network configuration we'll enabled DHCP Guard for security reasons.

As I checked, when Hyper-V is installed, it's creating a group for "Hyper-V administrators" which is not what we want.

I saw some posts 20~25 about RBAC and InitialStore.xml but I can't find InitialStore.xml on none of our systems with Hyper-V.

Also, is it possible to limit the number of VMs user can have or run on their systems?

I'll be grateful if anyone could kindly help with this matter.

Thanks a lot in advance for your kind help

:)

Sohrab Kasraeianfard, Apr 20, 2020

2. Hyper-V Manager Unable to Connect to Remote Servers in Windows 10

I recently upgraded from Win 8.1 Enterprise to Win 10 Enterprise. I had Hyper-V Manager installed to connect to a few Hyper-V hosts running on Windows 8.x. After the upgrade on my machine, I can no longer connect to the remote Hyper-V hosts.

• All Machines are part of the same domain.
    • This worked prior to the upgrade.
    • Verified that all the Remote Administration and WinRM features were enabled in the firewall post upgrade.
    Here's the error I receive:

RBAC or limited access for Hyper-V on Windows 10 in Domain b2413319-11d2-44d9-b88d-c1407544b9e3.jpg

I've googled this a bit and tried a suggestion about running winrm quickconfig. That ran through it's process but did not resolve the issue.

Any help would be appreciated! I need to get access to manage these hosts through the Hyper-V MMC.

Thanks in Advance,

Doug

dstewart1829, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Hyper-V networking

Windows 10 Pro, Build 10586.71. Hyper-V installed. All was working well, and then I got a chipset update from Dell. Installed the update and rebooted computer. After that networking was not working correctly, windows showed limited connectivity. I looked
    a little to roll back the driver update, but Windows did not show a new Nic card driver and the chipsets I looked at also did not show a current date. The Dell Command update program does not provide a way to uninstall updates.

I tried to access hyper-v switch manager but it returns an error that "an error occurred while trying to retrieve a list of virtual switches". Also tried using the powershell cmdlet but got a general error.

I accessed the networking center and deleted the Hyper V adapter, then edited my LAN card's config disabling the two Hyper V protocols and enabling the rest. This let me get back on-line with my computer. I have tried uninstalling the Hyper V feature,
    reboot, reinstall - but I am still unable to access the switch manager. I then removed the feature again, re-named the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Hyper-V directory, rebooted, added the feature again. This time (obviously) none of my VM's show up but
    I'm still unable to access the switch manager.

There is no critical data in my Hyper V, I use it for testing, re-creating issues, learning, etc. Is there a way for Windows 10 (or something designed for server 2012 that will apply) that I can use to fully reset the Hyper v networking, or fully rest all
    of hyper v so I can get it working again? I do use the workstation heavily, it's my work computer so it would be very difficult to impossible to reinstall the OS.

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

Matthew.Hart.TMG, Apr 20, 2020
  4. JackHunt2 Win User

RBAC or limited access for Hyper-V on Windows 10 in Domain

Remote Hyper-V Management Access Denied in an AD Environment.

Good Morning,

I have a small home environment consisting of some Windows 10 workstations (and a Windows 7 machine) and a Hyper-V host. The Hyper-V host runs Windows Server 2016 Standard (Server Core) and has a Windows Server 2016 Standard (Server Core) VM, configured
    with AD as a PDC, DNS and File Services server. I additionally have various *nix VM's running unrelated services. The Hyper-V host is also a domain member.

The problem I am having is that I cannot remotely manage the Hyper-V host. Server Manager displays "Online - Access Denied", whilst Hyper-V Manager gives an incorrect username/password error. In both instances, I am logged in with my domain account, which
    is a member of both "Domain Admins" and "Hyper-V Administrators". Additionally, I have added my domain account to the local administrators group on the Hyper-V host (as a test, though this should not be necessary).

My domain credentials work on my other machines on the network, and I can also log into the Hyper-V host physically with them.

I have tried removing the Hyper-V host from the domain and re-adding it, to no avail.

I have been reading the documentation online and it seems that for a Hyper-V host to be managed on a domain, one needs only login with a domain administrator account. Does anybody have any experience of a similar situation?

Best regards,

Jack

JackHunt2, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

RBAC or limited access for Hyper-V on Windows 10 in Domain

1. RBAC or limited access for Hyper-V on Windows 10 in Domain - Similar Threads - RBAC limited access

2. limited connection in Hyper-V virtual machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    limited connection in Hyper-V virtual machine: hello, i am configuring a windows xp virtual machine for the purpose of a research, but there is no internet I don't understand much about hyper-v, here are some screenshots. the message I get is: This connection has limited or no connectivity appears. appreciatein portuguese...
  3. limited connection in Hyper-V virtual machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    limited connection in Hyper-V virtual machine: hello, i am configuring a windows xp virtual machine for the purpose of a research, but there is no internet I don't understand much about hyper-v, here are some screenshots. the message I get is: This connection has limited or no connectivity appears. appreciatein portuguese...
  4. limited connection in Hyper-V virtual machine

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Hyper-V Internet Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V Internet Access: Please, is there anyone out there that can help me with connecting a Hyper-V virtual machine to the internet? I have now tried everything possible and read everything I could find on the internet, but still my VMs refuse to connect to the internet. What am I still doing...
  6. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  7. @KARI access Linux HDD's in HYPER-V VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    @KARI access Linux HDD's in HYPER-V VM: Hi there particularly @Kari. I'm playing around now with HYPER-V. I want to access 1 X 9 TB and 1 X 7 TB Linux internal HDD's from a HYPER-V VM (Centos 7). I'm running HOST W10 pro x-64. I've taken the two HDD's offline to the HOST but can't seem to get the VM to...
  8. Hyper-V enabled but not accessible in Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V enabled but not accessible in Windows 10 Home?: I have Windows 10 Home - I double checked this under Settings > System > About. Under System Information, I can see that somehow I have Hyper-V (which I read wasn't a feature in Windows 10 Home) enabled. I'm trying to install a Kali VM but I can't disable these features...
  9. Win10 Accesses the Internet With Hyper-V's Virtual Switch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Accesses the Internet With Hyper-V's Virtual Switch: After adding Hyper-V to Windows 10 Pro, Windows now accesses the internet with the virtual switch I created for Hyper-V instead of my Ethernet connection. Why isn't Windows 10 using my Ethernet connection? 83247
  10. Windows 10 and Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 and Hyper-V: I tried to install the preview as a virtual machine and everything went fine until after a reboot following the download and installation of the updates. Both 8.1 & 10 locked up with a strange crackling noise through the speakers every few seconds. One good thing about a...