Windows 10: RCA Cambio W101SA23T2 burnt smell from usb port,not powering on but the charging light...

Discus and support RCA Cambio W101SA23T2 burnt smell from usb port,not powering on but the charging light... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Kid playing with tablet plugged a usb hub into the full size usb port and plugged into the hub via the micro usb on the tablet. Burnt smell and faint... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SixManasco, May 14, 2021.

1. RCA Cambio W101SA23T2 burnt smell from usb port,not powering on but the charging light...

Kid playing with tablet plugged a usb hub into the full size usb port and plugged into the hub via the micro usb on the tablet. Burnt smell and faint crackling sound from tablet . It now will not turn on but when plugged in the blue charging light comes on. I figure the board is fried but only the usb port smelled that way because i immediately took it apart to inspect the damage. Is there anything to be done for it? I have unhooked the battery and held the power button for a minute and then plugged the battery back in and tried to start it nothing happened. When i plug it in the metal cover i

:)

SixManasco, May 14, 2021

2. RCA Cambio W116 V2 Driver Power State Failure

I'm using a RCA Cambio W116 V2 running on Window 10 and I'm unable to editing my videos due to I keep getting the error message, "Driver Power State Failure". Before Windows updated my laptop to Windows 10, it was running smooth, now it's not. This is so
    strange because my driver is reading that it's update-to-date.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

JDauntless, May 14, 2021
  3. Mr What Win User
    RCA Cambio W101 - Upgrade to Version 1803

Upgrade to Version 1803

on RCA Cambio W101 version 1

As you have already found out, Windows Update cannot automatically upgrade your 2-in-1 tablet to Version 1803.

The only way is to install a clean Windows 10 (make note of the Windows x86 or 64bit).

Your RCA Cambio W101-1 only has micro-USB. So you need a micro-USB to USB small cable to connect your USB drive.

You will need a USB of at least 8GB. Go to the Microsoft Web Site. I usually just type in download.microsoft.com.

Upper right, search for MediaCreationTool1803.exe. Download it and run it to download and copy onto your 8GB USB flash drive.

Just stick your USB flash drive into your USB and go to your Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Restart now > Use a device >

and look for the USB that you have plugged in. If you do not see your particular USB flash drive, roboot and go there again. You will eventually see it.

It should boot into the Installation. It could take a while. Have patience for at least 20 minutes.

When you are doing the Custom Installation, do not format any of the hidden drives which you will see.

Just pick the largest size drive and put the new installation onto that drive. The installation will take care of the other drives.

After the installation is finished, do as much Windows Updating as can be done. Wireless Network drivers will get installed by the installation.

Then go to OneDrive

Drag & drop out of the zipped (compressed) folder and get ready for the miracle.

Go to SlimTab_8_MS > TP driver > WW34 > Installer > PlatformInstaller > Setup.exe (always click continue when asked about providers)

and select YES whenever asked to install something.

and Thank You onedrive.live.com, Thank You very much for creating this MIRACLE for us RCA Cambio W101, Intel Atom CPU Z3735G (Z3000 series) users.

P.S. Check in your Control Panel > Administrative Tools > System Information > Processor, to make sure you have a Z3000 series processor.

You will now see every one of your firmware drivers installed.

There will be only one Bluetooth driver called "Microsoft Bluetooth Protocol Support Driver" missing.

Do Not be concerned. I believe that driver installation took place during the FALL of 2017 upgrade.

All it did was keep track of the Bluetooth Upgrade. Description of Events with Dates: Device Install Requested - Driver service added - Device Installed

Now your Upgrade to Windows 10, Version 1803 is complete. Hope you did not already buy another 2-in-1 Tablet.

By the way, I use 9 of these RCA Cambio W101 Tablets. I have them mounted on a large enough peg board.

I use them for trading FOREX. I did not feel like purchasing 9 more tablets. This solution will probably work for the RCA Cambio W101 Version 2.

Do not know for sure about this solution working for the RCA Cambio W101 Version 2. Just look and make sure that your Processor is a Z3000 series.

Mr What, May 14, 2021
  4. RCA Cambio W101SA23T2 burnt smell from usb port,not powering on but the charging light...

RCA Cambio 10.1 2in1 Tablet 32GB

Hello Antonio,

We understand that you're having issues with using RCA Cambio 2-in-1 tablet after the Windows 10 upgrade. Just to ask, are you able to run it in safe mode? You may check this

link
    for the steps.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, May 14, 2021
Thema:

RCA Cambio W101SA23T2 burnt smell from usb port,not powering on but the charging light...

1. RCA Cambio W101SA23T2 burnt smell from usb port,not powering on but the charging light... - Similar Threads - RCA Cambio W101SA23T2

2. Charging with usb type c port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Charging with usb type c port: I'm trying to find out if it is possible to charge my vivobook S532F S15 using the usb type c port,I have the the power cable an the PD wall adapter. If so what worked for others? please list any software or hardware you think i might be missing.. thanks for your response.....
  3. RCA Cambio Windows 10 update nightmare!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RCA Cambio Windows 10 update nightmare!: I have an RCA Cambio 10.1, when I updated windows 8.1 to 10 -- due to storage issues -- it removed the original 8.1. Now during the update, Windows deleted my Network Adapter. In trying to reset my Cambio, something happened and now it is in a vicious Install Windows error...
  4. Webcamming on my RCA Cambio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Webcamming on my RCA Cambio: i am trying to broadcast on a web camming site. i am seen but not able to be heard. how do i make the speaker work on the webcam that i just plugged in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcamming-on-my-rca-cambio/54be846e-a120-4636-947f-776010d4d845
  5. RCA Cambio Boot Loop "Undoing Upgrade Changes"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RCA Cambio Boot Loop "Undoing Upgrade Changes": I have a RCA 10.1 Cambio that received an upgrade, but after that the upgrades were installed the screen showed. "Undoing Upgrade Changes..." It has been boot looping since yesterday, and today I tried Win RE, but it's not letting me going back to an old version, repair...
  6. Tablet RCA Cambio W101SA23T1 Battery issue (missing drivers)

Tablet RCA Cambio W101SA23T1 Battery issue (missing drivers): Hello sorry for formatting or maybe lack of information just ask for any clarification and ill do the best i can but here is my issue. I have the tablet and it's not displaying the battery information, in device manager, there is not batteries list in there. though there...
  7. power to usb ports

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power to usb ports: Hello — I am having a issue with the usb drives connected to my laptop. It seems that in the quest to save power, the computer limits power to the usb ports. Im my case, both usb drives are self powered – ie they use AC power. When I turn on my laptop at the start of the...
  8. How to detect battery in win 10 RCA Cambio V1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to detect battery in win 10 RCA Cambio V1: I got a tablet under the contents of "broken" fixed it and then i didnt want what was on it so i decided to do a factory reset on it then the settings didnt work and there isnt enough support on that so i gave up and decided to do a new windows and now i have all the drivers...
  9. RCA Cambio Audio Drivers

RCA Cambio Audio Drivers: After a failed attempt to get L*nux to work on my RCA Cambio, I am now facing a problem after installing Windows on it. I'm unable to locate audio drivers for it, either from the Troubleshooting program or on the web. It is getting really irritating and is driving me mad...
  10. Rca 2in1tablet power cord.

Rca 2in1tablet power cord.: I need to replace the power cord on my RCA 2in1 tablet, but am having a hard time finding one to fit. Tried two different universal cords from Walmart and neither fit correctly to start charging. Any suggestions?...