Windows 10: Rcently Created Folder Disappear after cmd usage

Discus and support Rcently Created Folder Disappear after cmd usage in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Alright the title might seem a bit lacking in specifics but here is what happened. I had planned to transfer some video files from my phone's micro sd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shigeo, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Shigeo Win User

Rcently Created Folder Disappear after cmd usage

Alright the title might seem a bit lacking in specifics but here is what happened. I had planned to transfer some video files from my phone's micro sd card to my laptop. However the videos in my SD card were unable to be transferred due to a write-protection. Upon idiotically consulting the internet and believing everything I read I followed a method which required to use the cmd,
    type and enter
    diskpart
    then type and eneter
    list disk
    then typed
    select disk 0
    and finally
    attribute disk clear readonly

or something along this line which only after I realized that it was not my SD card disk that I cleared the attribute, then I noticed that my recently created folder had disappeared from desktop, I tried to search for its name or the file name of the files included to no avail. I am unsure if its deleted moved or hidden after what happened though I am really confused on how it happened

:)

Shigeo, Oct 9, 2019
  2. silkstone Win User

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

Rcently Created Folder Disappear after cmd usage upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Oct 9, 2019
  3. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Rcently Created Folder Disappear after cmd usage

Cannot perform backup...Windows asks to create a folder

I am having problems with the back up files, and every time i get a back up i get this message ( Create the missing folder "
    C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\OneDrive\CATS 6A", as listed in the error message). Create a missing folder was suggested by one of the community members, Pls let me know the steps to follow in order to create a missing folder.

Thanks,

Mac

siamaksadjedi, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Rcently Created Folder Disappear after cmd usage

1. Rcently Created Folder Disappear after cmd usage - Similar Threads - Rcently Created Folder

2. cmd popup and disappear problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cmd popup and disappear problem: I think I have a virus let me explain:cmd prompt randomly pops up and closes I've tried almost everything to stop it, I've watch youtube tutorial's I've tried using a anti virus I've tried commds in cmd prompt but nothing works.some times it doesn't just disappear it stays...
  3. cmd popup and disappear problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cmd popup and disappear problem: I think I have a virus let me explain:cmd prompt randomly pops up and closes I've tried almost everything to stop it, I've watch youtube tutorial's I've tried using a anti virus I've tried commds in cmd prompt but nothing works.some times it doesn't just disappear it stays...
  4. SSD not creating partitions after deleting them through CMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD not creating partitions after deleting them through CMD: HelloAfter my windows got corrupted, I started installation of windows 20 through usb. But the partitions weren't formatting, so I opened CMD and in diskpart i selected my disk and entered clean command. But now I can't create new partitions. Windows installation setup can't...
  5. SSD not creating partitions after deleting them through CMD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD not creating partitions after deleting them through CMD: HelloAfter my windows got corrupted, I started installation of windows 20 through usb. But the partitions weren't formatting, so I opened CMD and in diskpart i selected my disk and entered clean command. But now I can't create new partitions. Windows installation setup can't...
  6. SSD not creating partitions after deleting them through CMD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Cmd popup then disappears after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cmd popup then disappears after windows update: I have reset my laptop then after installing new updates for windows I rebooted my laptop and a cmd window popup then disappears. Then I checked if it will popup again if I rebooted my system but it does not. Can the windows update cause the cmd window to popup for a...
  8. Open folder with cmd?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open folder with cmd?: Hello I would like to use cmd to open a specific folder in Windows Explorer on Windows 10. Does anyone know how to do that? OOrdner mit cmd öffnen?
  9. Folder disappeared after drag and drop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder disappeared after drag and drop: I accidentally dragged a folder containing very important docs mostly Word and PDFs from my desktop window into another folder’s window. After dragging back into the desktop window, it just disappeared. There was no dialog box showing the move, it just vanished. It’s now even...
  10. Folder is being created at each startup by cmd. Would like to stop it

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder is being created at each startup by cmd. Would like to stop it: Hi, I've recently done a clean reinstall of Win 10 Pro. As I run the OS on a small SSD and store files and programs on a larger HDD, one of the changes I've made was to move "C:\Users" to "D:\Users", and then create the nessesary junction on the C drive. Additionally,...