Windows 10: RD logon attempt failed

Discus and support RD logon attempt failed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem when using remote desktop connection on my laptop - basically it all works fine when i'm connected to the same network as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MihaiB1, Aug 7, 2019.

1. MihaiB1 Win User

RD logon attempt failed

Hello,

I have a problem when using remote desktop connection on my laptop - basically it all works fine when i'm connected to the same network as the desktop i'm trying to connect to, however, when i'm away, on a different network and i try to login, it doesnt work anymore.

Also when both computers are on the same network and i untick "bypass RD gateway server for local addresses", it doesnt connect anymore.

There are 4 computers in the office and the desktop I need is the only one that I cannot connect to.

I've sifted through old threads and tried everything I could possibly think of.

Is there any other reason why this desktop won't allow me to connect to it using the gateway server?!

Many thanks in advance.

:)

MihaiB1, Aug 7, 2019

2. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Aug 7, 2019
  3. user profile service failed the logon

Hi,

There could be a software conflict that is why you're getting the error message
    USER PROFILE SERVICE FAILED THE LOGON

To resolve this issue, we suggest following the steps given by Bill Smithers on this
    thread and see if the issue will persist.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

RD logon attempt failed

Family Member cannot logon to Windows 10

Hi Sultan,

There are different causes that may bring up this error on your computer. To guide you better in resolving the issue, please answer the following questions:

• Is the administrator account the one having the error?
    • Did this happen after installing updates?
    • What suggestions have you tried?

You may find other suggestions on this
    page
    to fix the problem with the user profile. Try following the steps given by
    Malkeleah.

Let us know if you need more help.

Regards.

Ruz San, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

RD logon attempt failed

1. RD logon attempt failed - Similar Threads - logon attempt failed

2. Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop connection: the logon attempt failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop connection: the logon attempt failed: How do I find out the username and password when the windows security ask me to enter? Any methods to disable it without entering credentials? I checked my windows credentials where it has no credentials. I sign in my both pc with my microsoft emails. I have tried my desktop...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop connection: the logon attempt failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop connection: the logon attempt failed: How do I find out the username and password when the windows security ask me to enter? Any methods to disable it without entering credentials? I checked my windows credentials where it has no credentials. I sign in my both pc with my microsoft emails. I have tried my desktop...
  4. Event Viewer shows thousands of failed logon attempts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer shows thousands of failed logon attempts: Hello,a couple of days ago i logged on a PC in our network and realised someone was on that machine windows 10. I realized it immediately because i saw this on my screen:The first one is already in English and the second one says:CScript error: Loading of the script failed...
  5. Event Viewer shows thousands of failed logon attempts

Event Viewer shows thousands of failed logon attempts: Hello,a couple of days ago i logged on a PC in our network and realised someone was on that machine windows 10. I realized it immediately because i saw this on my screen:The first one is already in English and the second one says:CScript error: Loading of the script failed...
  6. Event Viewer shows thousands of failed logon attempts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Remote desktop connection logon attempt failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop connection logon attempt failed.: Hello,I am trying to make connection from my desktop to my laptop via Microsoft's RDP.Whenever I try to connect, my credentials do not work. I am using the same Microsoft account on both of these devices. And I am certain that these credentials work elsewhere.Now, I can...
  8. Remote desktop connection logon attempt failed.

Remote desktop connection logon attempt failed.: Hello,I am trying to make connection from my desktop to my laptop via Microsoft's RDP.Whenever I try to connect, my credentials do not work. I am using the same Microsoft account on both of these devices. And I am certain that these credentials work elsewhere.Now, I can...
  9. Remote desktop connection logon attempt failed.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Remote Desktop - The logon attempt failed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop - The logon attempt failed: I have a machine running W10 Pro. I am logged into the laptop with a Microsoft account this one. I have a second machine running W10 Ent. I m logged on there with a corporate AzureAD account. I want to Remote Desktop from W10E to W10P. I know the IP of W10P, if I ping using...