Windows 10: RD /S /Q DESKTOP

Discus and support RD /S /Q DESKTOP in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I ran RD /S /Q and cd'ed to the desktop to delete a corrupted folder but everything on my desktop disappeared. Is there a fix for this? Please help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chrismcgill1, Jul 29, 2020.

1. RD /S /Q DESKTOP

Hi, I ran RD /S /Q and cd'ed to the desktop to delete a corrupted folder but everything on my desktop disappeared. Is there a fix for this? Please help il lost over 5 months of data.

:)

chrismcgill1, Jul 29, 2020
  2. rdwray Win User

Delete Windows.old Folder in Windows 10  

Tried all your suggestions, not just the one below, and the Windows.old will not delete.

Successful: takeown /F "C:\Windows.old" /A /R /D Y

Successful: icacls "C:\Windows.old" /grant *S-1-5-32-544:F /T /C /Q

Access Denied and lists all folders and files: RD /S /Q "C:\Windows.old"

rdwray, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Unable to delete a folder

Hi jharpj and thanks for reaching out. My name is Joseph. I'm an independent advisor. I'll be happy to help you out today.

I would suggest you refer to the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

1. Open CMD as an administrator.

2. Copy-paste,

RD /S /Q "Full Path of Folder" (Without the quotation mark)

NOTE: For example, if I wanted to delete a folder named Folder on my desktop, I would type this command below.

RD /S /Q C:\Users\UserName\Desktop\Folder

3. Press enter

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let me know how it goes.

Thank you!

Joseph Y. Marquez, Jul 29, 2020
  4. SOISK Win User

RD /S /Q DESKTOP

I can't open powershell on windows 10 x64 because there is DisallowRun registry block powershell

Step 1: Run cmd with administrator priwilages

Step 2: run command: RD /S /Q "X:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy"

X- windows disk letter.

RD /S /Q "C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy"

Step 3: Restart PC.

SOISK, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

RD /S /Q DESKTOP

1. RD /S /Q DESKTOP - Similar Threads - DESKTOP

2. The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.: The icon on my laptop and browser keep refreshing without me issuing any command. Should i do to resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-icon-on-my-desktop-and-browse-keep-refreshing/a5dc16cb-2314-443a-9b27-e95bdb8c1755
  3. The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.: The icon on my laptop and browser keep refreshing without me issuing any command. Should i do to resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-icon-on-my-desktop-and-browse-keep-refreshing/a5dc16cb-2314-443a-9b27-e95bdb8c1755
  4. The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 desktop not fully loading and cursor stuck loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 desktop not fully loading and cursor stuck loading: I logged in to my old laptop to recover some files and it was a bit slow to even start and just for a note i have not used it in about 8 months. After i had logged in there was a message on my desktop letting me know about a new windows update. I had tried clicking on it and...
  6. Windows 10 desktop not fully loading and cursor stuck loading

Windows 10 desktop not fully loading and cursor stuck loading: I logged in to my old laptop to recover some files and it was a bit slow to even start and just for a note i have not used it in about 8 months. After i had logged in there was a message on my desktop letting me know about a new windows update. I had tried clicking on it and...
  7. Windows 10 desktop not fully loading and cursor stuck loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How do I turn off caps lock Notification on DESKTOP-7ITGTCO it is distracting me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off caps lock Notification on DESKTOP-7ITGTCO it is distracting me: How do I turn off caps lock Notification on DESKTOP-7ITGTCO it is distracting me since I play games on it when I type it distracts me so please respond to it as soon as you can....
  9. How do I turn off caps lock Notification on DESKTOP-7ITGTCO it is distracting me

How do I turn off caps lock Notification on DESKTOP-7ITGTCO it is distracting me: How do I turn off caps lock Notification on DESKTOP-7ITGTCO it is distracting me since I play games on it when I type it distracts me so please respond to it as soon as you can....
  10. After an update all my files & folders are noww located on my desktop.

After an update all my files & folders are noww located on my desktop.: Using Windows 11.. I recently did a Windows update on my 4 month old Dell desktop and now ALL my files are located on my desktop. THEY ARE NOT SHORT CUTS.I called Dell.. BIG MISTAKE.. and they deleted them and had me reload from my backup. It happened again. Then I called...