Windows 10: RDC: blurry fonts in apps

Discus and support RDC: blurry fonts in apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I've got a strange issue which is not persistent, sometimes it resolves, but this time I'm struggling for a couple of days. When connecting via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Niko N.12, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Niko N.12 Win User

RDC: blurry fonts in apps

Hello,

I've got a strange issue which is not persistent, sometimes it resolves, but this time I'm struggling for a couple of days. When connecting via RDC Remote Desktop Connection to remote server I see blurry fonts in some apps like SSMS, PowerBI Desktop or Notepad++. But Windows Explorer, the desktop, Start Menu looks good. Recently I have switched setup from 3 displays to 2 displays and changed the monitor.

I've got a Windows 10 10.0.17134 notebook with 1920 x 1080 Recommended resolution display as primary with 125% Scale Recommended, and a monitor with 1920 x 1080 Recommended resolution and 100% Recommended Scale. When I'm starting my RDC session, it always appears on notebook display, and when I full screen it it looks good, all fonts are clear. Then I drag the whole RDC window to my monitor, make it full screen, RDC adjusts fonts and then applications fonts become blurry, some even very small, almost unreadable like SSMS login window.

From my machine I have another RDC connection to a couple of similar server which look good at least now. So when I drag from the notebook display to the monitor it rescales but everything looks sharp.

As a side note, when the RDC window with blurry fonts is in the monitor and from that remote server I connect via RDC to yet another server everything looks good also in that new connection.

So, there is a problem only with this one particular RDC connection. RDC Experience settings are 'Detect connection quality automatically', 'Persistent bitmap caching' is set.

Also when I used this particular RDC in 3 monitors setup everything was working good as well.

What else to check? I tried to set scale 100% on the notebook display, also tried to make the monitor as primary - didn't help. Of course did a lot of restarts, reconnects etc.

Looking for any help.

UPD:

It looks like on my host on the monitor some fonts are blurry. I didn't noticed that because mostly working via RDC, and Windows Explorer, browsers. etc fonts are good, but Notepad++, or even Folder Properties windows are partially blurry:

RDC: blurry fonts in apps 505131c7-ba71-4037-a408-c9dd4a030e12?upload=true.png

Will try to solve that first.

UPD2: I think I have solved blurry fonts issue on my monitor changing refresh rate to 60 from 59 for some reason and making it primary. In all apps I tried fonts look good, but in the RDC still same issue: some fonts sharp, some not:

RDC: blurry fonts in apps 153f2f5f-f70f-4e02-95d0-03e2536135fa?upload=true.png

:)

Niko N.12, Sep 22, 2020
  2. Zaspera Win User

Font kind of blurry

I just built a new gaming rig and am using an XFX 6950 and an ASUS 23.6" monitor. On some pages, I notice some fonts are a bit blurry and strain my eyes. Any idea how I can fix this? I am using windows 7, so please make the steps work for that. Thanks.

Zaspera, Sep 22, 2020
  3. AsterT1 Win User
    Change RDC background/font colors?

Thank you for the screenshots. Are you able to right-click in the Desktop of the RDC to show any Display settings? Is there any option to change the font style/size for the RDC menu?

AsterT1, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Zenith Win User

Blurry fonts in Win7 7600 64bit

I am having problem with blurry/fuzzy fonts in Win7 build 7600 64bit. Some fonts in control panel are really blurry. You can check attached picture. This blurriness actually makes me dizzy *Twitch :twitch:. Also display in Win7 is kinda foggy compared to XP where everything is clear and crisp.

I am using latest graphic drivers and monitor drivers + intelchipset is installed. Fullscreen games are also kinda foggy compared to XP.
    I have smooth fonts (cleartype) disabled.
    In search of a solution. Anyone?
    Regards.

Zenith, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

1. RDC: blurry fonts in apps - Similar Threads - RDC blurry fonts

2. RDC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDC: I recently upgraded my Windows 10 Home laptop to Windows 10 Pro so I could use RDP/RDC between my home desktop and home laptop. I am presently unable to RDC my Win 10 Pro laptop to my Win 10 Pro desktop or vice versa. Details: -I have tried connecting from both directions;...
  3. Text scaling / Blurry font

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Text scaling / Blurry font: Hey guys, I assembled a new machine and in the fresh W10 install I'm having some blurry font issues, it's weird because I had the same settings (125%) in the previous install and it didn't happen. It only seems to happen in some dialogs, always on software installers...
  4. RDP: blurry fonts in apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDP: blurry fonts in apps: Hello, I've got a strange issue which is not persistent, sometimes it resolves, but this time I'm struggling for a couple of days. When connecting via RDP to remote server I see blurry fonts in some apps like SSMS, PowerBI Desktop or Notepad++. But Windows Explorer, the...
  5. blurry fonts! and no font display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blurry fonts! and no font display: My fonts blurred out in explorer and even in browser! my Pc was running all good,but suddenly all text from Uc browser to file explorer just went missing! In my desktop , Icons show their name in blurry font and in explorer files show icon but do not have any name on...
  6. Blurry fonts in some applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blurry fonts in some applications: [ATTACH] Faced the problem of blurring the fonts of some applications (presumably using / written using node.js). Observed in visual studio installer and VS Code. Problems started after installing Elixir through the chocolatey package manager. It all looks something like...
  7. Fonts Blurry After Reboot

Fonts Blurry After Reboot: Once out of every third time my computer reboots, the fonts are all blurry. Is a service not running or something? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/fonts-blurry-after-reboot/d9babdb1-1023-4cde-a66a-f14262abd388
  8. Blurry font in Properties

Blurry font in Properties: Hi, I am using Windows 10 on my laptop and I connect to a 27" BenQ screen. The resolution is 1920x1080, everything is fine except this tiny but uncomfortable blurry font. It just happens with the Properties, for example, the Ethernet Properties. It is strange that all...
  9. Blurry Font Problem

Blurry Font Problem: My Fonts look terrible . Please help what to do.. I am on build 1803 Updated and i am uploading a photo showing my font issue.Please help i cant even read a page due to this issue.[ATTACH]...
  10. Blurry Fonts Solution

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry Fonts Solution: Has anyone tried this and had luck with it?: Windows 10 DPI blurry / fuzzy text font fix - XP Explorer 71120