Windows 10: RDC closing, logging off , shutting down imminently after connection

Discus and support RDC closing, logging off , shutting down imminently after connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a problem with remote desktop connection (rdc) in my local basic pc to pc network connecting. The client pc running win 10 pro and the host is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fil2020, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Fil2020 Win User

RDC closing, logging off , shutting down imminently after connection

I have a problem with remote desktop connection (rdc) in my local basic pc to pc network connecting. The client pc running win 10 pro and the host is running win 7 ultimate. I can connect fine from the win 7 pc to the win 10 pc but Not the other way around.

The problem is basically client pc connects to the host pc and then rdc crush almost immediately. I checked the event viewer I could not find any errors relating to the problem. In the security section of event viewer though I see some entry of 'audit success' events and these events show the client pc did logged in for a second before it got logged off immediately for some unknown reasons.

Have searched everywhere a solution but with no success. Have tried the common suggestion like firewall/security software settings, rdc settings, services...

Any help will be greatly appreciated. If you need more explanation please ask.

:)

Fil2020, Jan 14, 2019
  2. rdwray Win User

RDC logging into administrator account

If the local administrator is logged in with a password on the remote computer, how can it be connected to through RDC?

rdwray, Jan 14, 2019
  3. silkstone Win User
    RDC connection from WAN?

Hi guys,

I don;t suppose anyone can help with my problem?
    I'm trying to get an external RDC connection set up so i can connect to my home computer from work.
    My router is a Zyxel P-660H-T1 (no W in the name).

I've managed to forward the ports so i can get a lan-lan RDC connection going, but i can't for the life of me get it to connect from an external ip.

I have tried disabling the firewall, adding a rule for any ip > any ip wan-lan on the RDC port. But nothing works?

I've played around with 101 setting and read a ton of guides, but nothing works. i know there must be a way. does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

silkstone, Jan 14, 2019
  4. RDC closing, logging off , shutting down imminently after connection

RDC connection from WAN?

In a worst case scenario you can usually put the Host PC into the DMZ from your router settings. (This effectively removes NAT and and other issues from the equation).

Are you using the same PC from home to remote into as you are from work? (Laptop?)

If you can log into the RDC from home by using your Public IP address then most likely I would say that your work is blocking RDC ports. Most companies only allow traffic on port 80, so what you would need to do is utilize a different application that works that way.

Note that DMZ and or port 80 forwarding can open your machine up to attacks, so good security will need to be maintained.

EDIT>>> trimmed the fat *Smile RDC closing, logging off , shutting down imminently after connection :)

Neuromancer, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

RDC closing, logging off , shutting down imminently after connection

1. RDC closing, logging off , shutting down imminently after connection - Similar Threads - RDC closing logging

2. Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down: Sr that my english is not very good, hope you guys understand. When I shut down my laptop, just a second, this note appear and the laptop still shut down but I dont know what is this hay how to fix it, I try to update but nothing happen. Need help plz, tks...
  3. Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down: Sr that my english is not very good, hope you guys understand. When I shut down my laptop, just a second, this note appear and the laptop still shut down but I dont know what is this hay how to fix it, I try to update but nothing happen. Need help plz, tks...
  4. User shows last person logged in even after logging off, shutting down, or restarting

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User shows last person logged in even after logging off, shutting down, or restarting: Hello, I have been managing laptops on both Intune and AD and it seems whenever any user logs off, restarts, or shuts down, when they log back on they see themselves as the last person to log on. Is there a way to disable this on both fronts? Thank you in advance...
  5. Computer turning off after shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turning off after shut down: My computer first wouldn't come on now it turns on after shut down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turning-off-after-shut-down/d576c75f-55d2-44e8-bfde-1cc69a3f9b52
  6. Warning sound notification for imminent shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Warning sound notification for imminent shut down: When the battery is getting low on my laptop (ACER Aspire E15), it suddenly shuts down without warning. How can I get it to give me a loud sound and enough time to plug in to power before that happens?...
  7. Shut down/Power off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shut down/Power off: I have an HP laptop with windows 10 home. When I choose start/shut down, it closes everything and screen goes blank, but won't power down (off). It used to work. I have to manually turn it off....
  8. PC shuts down seconds after logging in

in Windows 10 Support
    PC shuts down seconds after logging in: It just started happening about 35 minutes prior to posting this. I was burning a dvd and the pc attempted to shut down, but I kept mashing the escape key until the dvd finished burning. I then let it shut down. But upon reboot and login, cmd starts and then pc shuts down...
  9. PC won't log off when shut down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC won't log off when shut down: I have multiple PC's in my house, and the only one that has this problem is a family PC that my children use that has an administrator account. No matter what I do with settings per user, when I turn the PC on it automatically logs into my administrator account. This is a...
  10. RDC logging into administrator account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDC logging into administrator account: If the local administrator is logged in with a password on the remote computer, how can it be connected to through RDC? 98900

Users found this page by searching for:

1. logging off when logging into rdc