Windows 10: RDC to Windows 10 doesn't save password

Discus and support RDC to Windows 10 doesn't save password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently updated my sandbox VM from Windows 7 to Windows 10 with the updating tool that pops up next to your clock, but since doing this when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Terrum, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Terrum Win User

RDC to Windows 10 doesn't save password

I recently updated my sandbox VM from Windows 7 to Windows 10 with the updating tool that pops up next to your clock, but since doing this when I connect to the VM through RDC my RDC client (MSTSC) no longer stores my credentials, even though I keep the box ticked, and I have to enter my password each time. It didn't do this before when I was on Windows 7.

Tried Googling to no avail. Hoping someone can help! Many thanks

:)

Terrum, Oct 16, 2015

2. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop Connection

Concerning Windows 10, not Pro but the Home version, as Ahollister stated differently, users can search their root directory for "mstsc" in windows explorer.

After windows explorer finds all files with "mstsc" within the file name, sort the list and find the one that belongs here:

C:\Windows\System32\mstsc.exe

In the windows explorer window, right click on it, then choose to add to the desktop as a shortcut. Afterwards, click on it and discover that it's the same as Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) in Windows 7 Home.

Provide the usual information in the Computer field, located on the RDC dialogue box (i.e. pop up), such as 11.11.34.20, or whatever local address that gains access to the remote computer attempting to be accessed on an office network remotely.

Follow through in the same RDC dialogue box and add a user name and password in the User Name and Password fields then check the box to Save Credentials.

RobertTragesser, Oct 16, 2015
  3. hoop2241 Win User
    Disconnecting a Windows 10 Remote Desktop Session???

How to properly disconnect a Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) in Windows 10? While working out of my home using my recently Windows 10 upgraded laptop, I use a RDC to access my office desktop PC, which is also running the upgraded version of Windows 10.
    My problem is that when I close/end the RDC, by simply closing the connection, for some reason it does not disconnect from my office PC, so when I try to RDC again, I get an error message saying that the RDC is already in use or busy. I'm in the only one
    who can access my office PC via RDC. When I was using Windows 8.1, I followed the same procedures to end the RDC and I was able to log back in without any issues. With Windows 10, the connection does not end. Is there a way to ensure that when I end the
    RDC, that it actually disconnects from the remote PC? Thank you!

hoop2241, Oct 16, 2015
Thema:

RDC to Windows 10 doesn't save password

1. RDC to Windows 10 doesn't save password - Similar Threads - RDC doesn't save

2. RDC question.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDC question.: Hello.I have an end user who is trying to remote in to one of our workstations using RDP through a Citrix session. It needs to display on both monitors, but can only display on one through RDP. I selected 'Use all my monitors for remote session', but it did not solve the...
  3. RDC

RDC: I recently upgraded my Windows 10 Home laptop to Windows 10 Pro so I could use RDP/RDC between my home desktop and home laptop. I am presently unable to RDC my Win 10 Pro laptop to my Win 10 Pro desktop or vice versa. Details: -I have tried connecting from both directions;...
  4. App doesn't save the password anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App doesn't save the password anymore.: Most of all this app see screenshot, but also a several other desktop apps, aren't saving passwords anymore!Last week I was trying a couple of different webbrowsers, to see which felt gave me best privacy and security. After installing the TOR-browser, I think, the passwords...
  5. Windows 10 no longer saves passwords -

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 no longer saves passwords -: Passwords are no longer saved - please fix. This occured after a Windows update. Microsoft caused this and Microsoft should fix it for everyone. I have tried everything I could find using Google search, but nothing works. Microsoft must fix this....
  6. Edge Doesn't Always Ask to Save Password

Edge Doesn't Always Ask to Save Password: On some websites that I need to log into, Edge does not always ask me if I want to save my password? It works most of the time and does ask, but there are several sites that I frequent where I always have to manually insert my user name and password...would be so much easier...
  7. Windows 10 not saving accounts and passwords

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 not saving accounts and passwords: I have a perplexing issue. My Windows 10 laptop does not save accounts and passwords for sites that I want to do so with. Now, my Windows 10 Desktop PC functions as it is supposed to with no problem, but not my laptop. I have it enabled to do so, but it does not. It asks to...
  8. Skype doesn't save password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype doesn't save password: Hey, I've recently changed my Skype password to something as v$*irFvKN9jl but everytime when I start Skype I have to login by entering my username and password, can I make it automatic because searching for the password in LastPass is a bit annoying. Thanks!° 59637
  9. Revert to RDC 2.7 on Windows 10

Revert to RDC 2.7 on Windows 10: RDC in Windows 10 presents an unreadable host screen image for my eyes. The Microsoft solution is to zoom in, which only gives bigger fuzzy characters and requires constant panning to bring off screen parts of the desktop on screen. RDC on Windows 8.1 was beautiful. The host...
  10. windows 10 saving password problem

windows 10 saving password problem: Why when I upgraded my laptop to windows 10,it does not save password to connect to the internet?It has connect automatically and place to put password in,but if I restart laptop I have to still add password every time.In windows 7 it saved it and I would just hit connect.How...