Windows 10: RDP asking for firewall rule when there is no firewall

Discus and support RDP asking for firewall rule when there is no firewall in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I'm trying to enable RDP on a Windows 10 box and when I do it tells me I need to enable a firewall rule for port 3389, which I would but I'm not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Eric Serna, Jan 24, 2019.

1. RDP asking for firewall rule when there is no firewall

So I'm trying to enable RDP on a Windows 10 box and when I do it tells me I need to enable a firewall rule for port 3389, which I would but I'm not using a firewall, its completely disabled. Do I have to use a firewall in order to set the rule or am I missing something???

:)

Eric Serna, Jan 24, 2019

2. RDP asking for firewall rule when there is no firewall

We recently upgraded our systems to Win 10, working on a golden, I've checked all group policy settings for RDP and for the firewall and I just dont see why its asking for a rule when the firewall is disabled. We have about 80 systems on our network most
    of which are headless so we use RDP a lot.

Eric Serna, Dec 5, 2019
  3. RDP asking for firewall rule when there is no firewall

So I'm trying to enable RDP on a Windows 10 box and when I do it tells me I need to enable a firewall rule for port 3389, which I would but I'm not using a firewall, its completely disabled. Do I have to use a firewall in order to set the rule or am I
    missing something???

Eric Serna, Dec 5, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

RDP asking for firewall rule when there is no firewall

Hi Eric

Do you have the Windows Firewall totally disabled in Windows 10 - please check - go to Settings, then just type Firewall in the search box in Settings, it would be strange if that was turned off, your PC would be open to attack . . .

DaveM121, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

1. RDP asking for firewall rule when there is no firewall - Similar Threads - RDP asking firewall

2. Firewall rules resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firewall rules resetting: All the threads I found on here were years old and always mention reboots or special software like VPN stuff. This is not my case. I'm fairly confident it's specifically Microsoft screwing with me for finding a workaround. Here's the situation.I hate the new Microsoft...
  3. Firewall rules resetting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall rules resetting: All the threads I found on here were years old and always mention reboots or special software like VPN stuff. This is not my case. I'm fairly confident it's specifically Microsoft screwing with me for finding a workaround. Here's the situation.I hate the new Microsoft...
  4. Firewall rules resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Firewall rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall rules: [ATTACH] Does this symbol mean I have blocked outbound traffic for an application? If so why did the app just check for an update and confirm its current version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-rules/870791a0-328a-4d5c-ad0a-be99f93dfdb0
  6. Adding firewall rules

Adding firewall rules: I am trying to get Windows 10 mail app to work, going through the firewall, using "Malwarebytes Windows Firewall Control" . I have gotten instructions from the program maker to do this: Problem: Windows Mail can't synchronize folders: This applies to Windows 10 while Medium...
  7. Firewall Rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall Rules: Can you setup exceptions for firewall rules? For example, if I have a port blocked inbound for ALL via GPO, can I create an exception to that rule to allow just certain IP addresses to get through the port being blocked? Win 10 ENT in a domain environment....
  8. Firewall rules

Firewall rules: I accidentally deleted outbound windows firewall rules. Will these reappear? Can this be dangerous? Please help. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/firewall-rules/1f7cbdda-d9e2-435a-96cb-6caef7699b88"
  9. Firewall rules resetting

Firewall rules resetting: For some reason I'm not able to keep my firewall settings saved. Specifically, apps that I allow through the firewall whether through prompt or control panel reset back to "not allowed.' I think this is happening after each update. It's extremely frustrating as I primarily...
  10. Windows Firewall Rules

Windows Firewall Rules: I was looking at Windows Firewall with Adv Security and noticed 11 individual but seemingly identical entries for Microsoft Solitaire Collection. The default rules were to allow all. First, why 11? And second, why all any at all? Ditto for Stick Notes, Microsoft Phone,...