Windows 10: RDP Blocked for Specific Site

Discus and support RDP Blocked for Specific Site in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to figure out why a specific IP site is getting rejected. I have the port 5631 open for RDP sessions. Multiple locations have no issues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EvanMeyerberg, Feb 1, 2021.

1. RDP Blocked for Specific Site

I am trying to figure out why a specific IP site is getting rejected. I have the port 5631 open for RDP sessions. Multiple locations have no issues connecting. When one office tries to connect they are not allowed thorugh the firewall. However they have been and there has not been changes to the firewall at all.

If i disable the Public firewall state, that site can access without issue. Asside from opening the machine up to the world, I cannt begin to figure out where there is the problem

It is a Windows 10 Pro machine up to date on all updates and patches.

:)

EvanMeyerberg, Feb 1, 2021

2. How to block a specific app using family settings

Hi,

Blocking specific apps is possible with the Microsoft Account's Family Safety Feature. To block a specific application on your child's account, it is a requirement that the app must be used by your child, so that it will appear in under the Recent Activity
    list. For your child's security, you can log in as the child and launch the app to satisfy this requirement.

Follow these steps to successfully block specific applications:

• Visit the Microsoft Family website and then sign in your Microsoft Account.
    • Click the account of the child that you want to block from using an app.
    • Select Recent Activity.
    • Click to ensure that Activity Reporting is turned on.
    • Scroll down and look for Apps & Games.
    • Choose the apps that you want to block on your child's account.
    • Click Block to block usage of the app.

If further assistance is needed, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Darleen Pen, Feb 1, 2021
  3. XTL
    xTL Win User
    Private Firewall settings blocking RDP access

Hello @GerryAbbot
    Welcome to Tenforums.com RDP Blocked for Specific Site :)

Can i please make a suggestion why not to use RDP ?
    And i'll quote myself here on why.

Thread found here
    How To Create Two Factor Authentication for Remote Desktop - Windows 10 Forums

Except for being more secure, you won't have any port issues as teamviewer & splashtop don't require you to open ports, radmin could be eventually have to be portforward.

I would also like to suggest AnyDesk that i currently use with rAdmin. Very simple & easy to use.

4. RDP Blocked for Specific Site

block cookies from specific websites windows 10

Hi Maxine,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the browser you are working on?

Internet Explorer provides many different ways to control the cookies that are stored on your computer. You can block or allow cookies or you can choose the specific sites that you'll accept cookies from. When you make these sorts of changes, the cookies
    that are already stored on your computer will not be affected. For that reason, you might want to delete the cookies already stored on your computer before following the steps below:

Block or allow cookies from specific websites

• Open Internet Explorer. Click on the gear icon on the top right hand corner.

• Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

• Click the Privacy tab, and then move the slider to a position between the top and bottom so you are not blocking or allowing all cookies.

• Click Sites.

• In the Address of website box, type a website address, and then click
      Block or Allow.

As you type, a list of webpages that you have already visited will be displayed. You can click an item in the list and it will be displayed in the
      Address of website box.

• Repeat step 5 for each website you want to block or allow. When you are finished, click
      OK.

• Move the slider back to the position it was originally in, and then click
      OK.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, we are happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

RDP Blocked for Specific Site

1. RDP Blocked for Specific Site - Similar Threads - RDP Blocked Specific

2. Blocked sites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocked sites: Why have you blocked access to certain sites that I had access to in the recent past. I am a concenting adult of 65 years of age? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-sites/abd01c8a-e78b-4f0f-aa62-f4b49c9de4f2
  3. Blocked sites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked sites: Why have you blocked access to certain sites that I had access to in the recent past. I am a concenting adult of 65 years of age? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-sites/abd01c8a-e78b-4f0f-aa62-f4b49c9de4f2
  4. Blocked sites

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to allow or block sensors for specific sites on Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    How to allow or block sensors for specific sites on Chrome: [ATTACH]If your computer has a sensor, there is a high chance that Google Chrome is already using is to customize your user experience. In most cases, you can find that a Motion sensor is used by most websites. However, if you want to block sensors for specific sites on...
  6. Using group policy to block or allow all videos on a specific sites?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using group policy to block or allow all videos on a specific sites?: I know that it can be done per video, as per here, but is there a way to block or allow ALL videos per a specific website?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-group-policy-to-block-or-allow-all-videos-on/52ece3e7-c92f-4305-9909-677297a4a8fc
  7. Using group policy to block or allow all videos on a specific sites?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using group policy to block or allow all videos on a specific sites?: I know that it can be done per video, as per here, but is there a way to block or allow ALL videos per a specific website?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-group-policy-to-block-or-allow-all-videos-on/52ece3e7-c92f-4305-9909-677297a4a8fc
  8. RDP Block?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP Block?: I have a Windows 10 Pro machine that can connect to any public IP address without a port attached. WHen i try to connect via a port to the remote server it no longer connects. Issue is NOT remote server as every other machine from other IPs can connect. Worked in the...
  9. Site is blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Site is blocked: I accidentally caused the facebook.com site to be block on my laptop. After my mistake, attempting to access facebook.com results in this notification. ===== Block Site www.facebook.com is blocked! In order to remove this domain from the block list, please visit options...
  10. Blocked Sites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blocked Sites: Hard to believe that #Microsoft is running a scam but if your computer downloads a specific “infected” site a warning comes up on your computer telling you that your blocked by Microsoft and to call a Microsoft 1800 number to “unblock” your computer. When you call the number,...