Windows 10: RDP connection disconnects when you enable Sound on Remote Desktop

Discus and support RDP connection disconnects when you enable Sound on Remote Desktop in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) is a proprietary protocol developed by Microsoft which provides a user with a graphical interface to connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 15, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

RDP connection disconnects when you enable Sound on Remote Desktop

WinClub, Jul 15, 2020
  2. BhullIT Win User

Windows 10 Remote Desktop Session - Sound stops when disconnect

Thanks for the suggestion to use Chrome Remote Desktop.

Note that I have the same problem when using MS RDP (beta) Android app, as well as RD Client v 8.1.27 on iOS.

My scenario is similar to others:

1) RDP to Media PC.

2) I get some music playing on Media PC over my optical output (not the Default sound destination) to my Onkyo amp.

3) When I disconnect RDP (either from Win 10 or Android) the audio stops.

4) I get sad

I'll try Chrome's RDP... but I REALLY hope MS addresses this problem.

BhullIT, Jul 15, 2020
  3. RDP not allowing remote connection

I had it working perfectly fine the other day but I logged into my server, removed a open port and both computer quit.

I run the computers with the firewall off, I see no point in them being on, it's a windows firewall a hacker will know how to get around so fire wall is OFF.

Ports are 9000 for server and 3390 for htpc

ip:9000
    ip:3390

This does not work from a linux workstation using 'Remote Desktop Client'

It does not work from mac RDP
    It does not work from windows RDP
    And it does not work from my iphone.

I know it's enabled as I can RDP into the computers at my home (except htpc at the moment, I think that one needs restarted)

Ports are open, both tcp / udp ports are open using the internal server IP wich is MAC assigned by the router. Server - 10.0.1.2 - 9000
    And same thing for the htpc - 10.0.1.8 - 3390

Besides the obvious of firewall, ports, and 'remote connection enabled' any ideas?

freaksavior, Jul 15, 2020
  4. RDP connection disconnects when you enable Sound on Remote Desktop

RDP file not launching Remote Desktop

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that ".rdp files will not launch Remote Desktop", what exactly are you referring to? Are you facing issues while launching .rdp files in remote desktop mode?

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

RDP connection disconnects when you enable Sound on Remote Desktop

1. RDP connection disconnects when you enable Sound on Remote Desktop - Similar Threads - RDP connection disconnects

2. Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing: Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing, it just goes to a full black screen and then I have to use Task Manager to 'End Task' to get to close out....
  3. Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing: Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing, it just goes to a full black screen and then I have to use Task Manager to 'End Task' to get to close out....
  4. Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Connect to disconnected RDP remote connection using tscon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect to disconnected RDP remote connection using tscon: I connect to RDP user session on the VM from command line tscon. The problem is I am not able to connect to the session if it is not active. Is there a way to connect to the rdp session using tscon even if user session is disconnected? Or Can I make disconnected session...
  6. Connect to disconnected RDP remote connection using tscon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect to disconnected RDP remote connection using tscon: I connect to RDP user session on the VM from command line tscon. The problem is I am not able to connect to the session if it is not active. Is there a way to connect to the rdp session using tscon even if user session is disconnected? Or Can I make disconnected session...
  7. How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely: To enable Remote Desktop Services (RDP) you might need to either use Group Policies or by physical access on the computer or server. Remotely you would need to use command line with PSTools which can be downloaded here. Once downloaded and extracted type in the below...
  8. Remote Desktop Connection Randomly Disconnecting User With "Multiple Monitors" Enabled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Connection Randomly Disconnecting User With "Multiple Monitors" Enabled: DETAILS: User is connecting to host machine using a VPN and Remote Desktop Connection. The connection will work for a while and then begin to disconnect every 0-60 minutes thereafter until the remote machine is restarted. The problem only seems to effect the user when the...
  9. RDP Remote Desktop cannot connect on Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP Remote Desktop cannot connect on Win10: I'm a computer programmer and I can't debug this stupid thing! Both my Win10 and Win7 local PCs can ping and see each other network drives. But none can RDP to another! Giving the notorious '3 dumb reasons' excuse none of which applies, of course. Now, I don't want 'try...
  10. How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely: To enable Remote Desktop Services (RDP) you might need to either use Group Policies or by physical access on the computer or server. Remotely you would need to use command line with PSTools which can be downloaded here. Once downloaded and extracted type in the below...