Windows 10: RDP connection disconnects

Discus and support RDP connection disconnects in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I use RDP to connect to a windows terminal server and for 5 years never had any issues until now. As of a few days my session cuts off and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by shmagigly, Jan 8, 2020.

1. shmagigly Win User

RDP connection disconnects

Hi,

I use RDP to connect to a windows terminal server and for 5 years never had any issues until now. As of a few days my session cuts off and the window closes after a few minutes of having a successful connection. I restart the connection again and it just happens repeatedly. Other users are connecting to this same server with no issues and i have timed a couple times at 6.5 minutes and 8 min, so doesn't seem like a timer.

If I use the windows 10 app route then the connection holds and doesn't have the same issue but I'm trying to avoid using it for other reasons in the old RDP you are prompted with a window that gives you settings where on the Experience tab you can change performance settings and that is what I need in which I'm unable to locate on the windows 10 App

1. how can I ensure old rdp does not TO? I did update video drivers

2. how can I adjust performance settings for the windows 10 app? choose connection speed, desktop background, font smoothing, desktop composition, show window contents when dragging, menu and window animation, visual styles

:)

shmagigly, Jan 8, 2020
  2. xoy74 Win User

RDP to W10 disconnected after a few seconds

Hi Kari and thanks for the quick reply.
    Unfortunately that didn't help but I did make a little progress. I realized I get disconnected because the console session logs back in automatically and kicks out the RDP session. If I manually sign out from the console of the W10 PC then connect through RDP, the session stays up.
    That's different from the way W7 used to work. W7 would "lock" the console session while a RDP session was connected.

xoy74, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Billzden Win User
    RDP and Network Connection Drops While on Ethernet

Sam,

1. Even without issuing the ping -t command I will experience a RDP drop and network bottleneck
    2. RDP clients are the same version
    3. No firewall setup
    4. All connecting with the same cables from similar ports

winbox1 has full duplexTrue
    winbox2 does not have duplex True

Pretty sure it's something with the network setup, I might reinstall the OS

Billzden, Jan 8, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

connect/disconnect sounds

Thank you for the information.

If the connect/disconnect sounds is only happening when playing an specific game, It might be a game app or a driver issue. we suggest that you try to uninstall and reinstall the game and check if the problem persists. Check the steps provided below:

• Open the Start menu.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click System on the Settings menu.
    • Select Apps & features from the left pane. ...
    • Select an app you wish to uninstall.
    • Click the Uninstall button that appears.

Make sure also that your device software drivers are updated.

Post back with the result.

Remon Ont, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

1. RDP connection disconnects - Similar Threads - RDP connection disconnects

2. Windows RDP getting disconnected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows RDP getting disconnected.: Windows RDP getting disconnected once Zoom Meeting is connected. It Works fine on console but only disconnects the RDP once Zoom is connected. Once the Zoom meeting is connected, we are able to connect RDP again.Attaching the event logs for the time when we face...
  3. Windows RDP getting disconnected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows RDP getting disconnected.: Windows RDP getting disconnected once Zoom Meeting is connected. It Works fine on console but only disconnects the RDP once Zoom is connected. Once the Zoom meeting is connected, we are able to connect RDP again.Attaching the event logs for the time when we face...
  4. Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing: Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing, it just goes to a full black screen and then I have to use Task Manager to 'End Task' to get to close out....
  5. Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing

Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing: Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing, it just goes to a full black screen and then I have to use Task Manager to 'End Task' to get to close out....
  6. Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Connect to disconnected RDP remote connection using tscon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect to disconnected RDP remote connection using tscon: I connect to RDP user session on the VM from command line tscon. The problem is I am not able to connect to the session if it is not active. Is there a way to connect to the rdp session using tscon even if user session is disconnected? Or Can I make disconnected session...
  8. Connect to disconnected RDP remote connection using tscon

Connect to disconnected RDP remote connection using tscon: I connect to RDP user session on the VM from command line tscon. The problem is I am not able to connect to the session if it is not active. Is there a way to connect to the rdp session using tscon even if user session is disconnected? Or Can I make disconnected session...
  9. RDP to W10 disconnected repeatedly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP to W10 disconnected repeatedly: I have 3 computers (a HP Desktop, a LENOVO AIO Desktop and a HP Laptop) all running Windows 10 Pro 64bit version 1909. I connect remotely to both desktops from the HP Laptop. However, the HP Desktop remote connection disconnects only if I minimize the window. There is no...
  10. RDP connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RDP connection: my RDP seems to be having isssues, resulting in me disconnecting because the computer "lags" or screen doesn't update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rdp-connection/493d9013-ca9b-440f-8c2d-b243a1b10e0d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remote desktop connection disconnects after a few minutes