Windows 10: RDP connection to computer with microsoft account

Discus and support RDP connection to computer with microsoft account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to setup RDP connection between two Windows 10 machines. The PC from which the connection is opened is using a local account while... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BennyBron, Oct 16, 2017.

1. BennyBron Win User

RDP connection to computer with microsoft account

Hello,
    I am trying to setup RDP connection between two Windows 10 machines. The PC from which the connection is opened is using a local account while the PC that I'm trying to connect to is using a Microsoft account.

Upon entering the string MicrosoftAccount\microsoftaccountusername@example.com with the correct password no connection is established.

Thank you in advance,
    Benny.

:)

BennyBron, Oct 16, 2017

2. force refresh (sync) of Microsoft account password cache using Remote desktop after the password is changed from somewhere else

Suppose Microsoft account password is changed on some other machine or phone via live.com website.

Suppose you connect to the specific computer only via RDP (and this specific machine has, of course, stable connection to the net).

After changing of Microsoft account password, the machine does not sync the password and is accessible via RDP still using the old password.

Only after you login to that specific machine physically, the password you enter should be the new one, it is correctly synced and from that time you must use (when you login via RDP) the new password.

This is strange behaviour, since when your password is stolen, even when changed via live.com, the thief can still login to your machines using RDP using your old stolen password until you physically visit all those machines and login to them using the keyboard.

How to force the Microsoft account password to be synced immediatelly on all machines connected to the network?

Severin Pošta, Oct 16, 2017
  3. RDP connection fails from Microsoft account to Local Admin account

Issue:

• Windows 10 Pro desktop cannot connect to another Windows 10 Pro desktop on the same wired network.
    Details:

• When connection is attempted, an error states the credentials are invalid.
    • The credentials entered are the local admin account on the target computer.
      • Computer attempting the connection is logged into the Microsoft account.
    • When both computers were running Windows 7 Pro - there were no RDP issues.
    Troubleshooting:

• Confirmed credentials are correct and CAPS is turned off.
    • Firewall rule for Remote Desktop is enabled and option is enabled in the System Properties.
      • Connection to target computer is successful using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S that is connected to the WLAN.
    • Downloaded Remote Desktop app from the Windows Store.
      • Encounter the same "Invalid Credentials" error as the Remote Desktop Connection software.
    • Updated firmware for router (Netgear R6300).
    • Power cycled both desktops.
    Resolution:

• Logging into the Microsoft account on the remote computer resolved the issue.
    Conclusion:

• When you're trying to establish a Remote Desktop Connection from a computer that is logged into your Microsoft account to a computer that is logged in to the Local Admin account, the connection will fail stating the credentials are invalid.

afluxnions, Oct 16, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

I think there is a space in Microsoft Account

NavyLCDR, Oct 17, 2017
  5. BennyBron Win User
    Thank you for your answer, I have tried and it didn't work.

BennyBron, Oct 17, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    So I just created a local account on my client computer. I RDP'd into my server computer. I did not have to put any domain in front of my Microsoft Account username. The local user I created on my client computer is . My Microsoft login is L: firstname.lastname@hotmail.com. When I remoted to the server computer all I entered for username was L: firstname.lastname@hotmail.com with nothing in front of it, and the password associated with the Microsoft Account.

NavyLCDR, Oct 17, 2017
  7. BennyBron Win User
    I have tried this also, and even have reset my password and still cannot log in.

BennyBron, Oct 18, 2017
  8. BennyBron Win User

After resetting the password on Microsoft's site i was able to log in.

BennyBron, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. RDP connection to computer with microsoft account - Similar Threads - RDP connection computer

2. How to connect via rdp to main Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect via rdp to main Microsoft account: HelloI'm trying to connect via rdp to my main account on my pc by android rdp app. I cannot get what username and password enter. I made up another test local user and rdp for this user works good. But I want to login by my main account. I'm logged by Microsoft account and...
  3. How to connect via rdp to main Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to connect via rdp to main Microsoft account: HelloI'm trying to connect via rdp to my main account on my pc by android rdp app. I cannot get what username and password enter. I made up another test local user and rdp for this user works good. But I want to login by my main account. I'm logged by Microsoft account and...
  4. RDP connection Problem. Only Domain computers don't connect.

RDP connection Problem. Only Domain computers don't connect.: Windows 10 Pro, 22H2. This is a RDP problem.I can connect to another computer in a different state using RDP. However, once this same computer joins the company Domain it will not connect.I get the message that the credentials don't work. It didn't help removing the computer...
  5. RDP to Desktop using Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP to Desktop using Microsoft Account: I am having trouble using RDP to connect to a desktop that I have just configured using my Microsoft account. I have tried the steps in the below running the link runas /u:MicrosoftAccount\*** Email address is removed for privacy *** winver but am not able to enter the...
  6. RDP to Desktop using Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP to Desktop using Microsoft Account: I am having trouble using RDP to connect to a desktop that I have just configured using my Microsoft account. I have tried the steps in the below running the link runas /u:MicrosoftAccount\*** Email address is removed for privacy *** winver but am not able to enter the...
  7. RDP to Desktop using Microsoft Account

8. Problems connecting RDP Remote Desktop to PC with Microsoft Account login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems connecting RDP Remote Desktop to PC with Microsoft Account login: Hi, after some 4 years in IT I finally decided to try all whistles and bells of Microsoft account login for my new laptop. Nice...instead of password I have Authenticator now and PIN as authentication method ...ok, now nobody will ever convince me, that 4-digit PIN can be...
  9. RDP connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RDP connection: my RDP seems to be having isssues, resulting in me disconnecting because the computer "lags" or screen doesn't update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rdp-connection/493d9013-ca9b-440f-8c2d-b243a1b10e0d
  10. Microsoft Account and Windows 10 RDP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account and Windows 10 RDP: I have RPD working using my Microsoft account to a Windows 10 1803 PC. When changing my MS account password, RDP is only accepting the old MS account password, but everything else is accepting the new password (including local login on the PC). Any ideas?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. After changing of Microsoft account password the machine does not sync the password and is accessible via RDP still using the old password

2. rdp to machine with microsoft account

3. windows account live rdp password

4. rdp to machine using microsoft account,
  5. pc setup with microsoft account rdp,
  6. rdp to computer with microsoft account,
  7. rdp with microsoft account,
  8. remote desktop microsoft account 1809