Windows 10: RDP connection to VM. Connects on console - user can't see it.

Discus and support RDP connection to VM. Connects on console - user can't see it. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; We have a windows 10 virtual desktop. We use Microsoft VMM and hyper-v. When a user attempts to connect to the VM, the connections keeps trying -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by farnzy, Mar 1, 2019.

1. farnzy Win User

RDP connection to VM. Connects on console - user can't see it.

We have a windows 10 virtual desktop. We use Microsoft VMM and hyper-v. When a user attempts to connect to the VM, the connections keeps trying - shows Connecting to ... Securing remote connection. Bar keeps sliding on that screen. Meanwhile I can see their session logging in on the console. They are getting logged in, on the console. Then they get a message "This computer can't connect to the remote computer. The two computers couldn't connect in the amount of time allotted. Try connecting again" As soon as they get this message, their session is disconnected from the VM and the console goes back to the login screen. Their session shows disconnected in task manager for that VM.

:)

farnzy, Mar 1, 2019

2. RDP connection ends rather abruptly

I have a vsphere 5.5 infrastructure with windows and linux servers running across 3 hosts. I use remote desktop connection to connect and manually install windows updates on all windows VMs but recently one of the VMs will drop the connection almost immediately
    after i login to it via RDP. I tried to open console from the vsphere Web Client interface to access the particular VM but it only opens a blank black window. I am not sure if this is entirely windows or vmware problem or both. I know RDP is enabled and
    the user name i use is allowed to remotely connect to this VM because its what has always worked for months until last week. How can i regain remote desktop or open console access to this VM or install updates remotely from another computer on the domain?
    Please help.

AblieBarrow, Mar 1, 2019
  3. WIndows 10 Pro will not accept RDP request

I recently installed Windows 10 Pro on one of my VM host. My plan was to use it as a management box to RDP into when I am traveling. I currently have a Windows 7 VM that I use for this purpose but wanted to decommission it for something newer. However
    I have been having issues connecting to the Windows 10 Pro VM via RDP unless the VM is already logged in. Currently I have to connect via vSphere Client login to the Windows 10 Pro VM via the console view and then I can connect via RDP. If the machine logs
    out at any point I have to connect again via vSphere Client and login again before RDP will respond to any request. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it. I was hoping to have decommissioned the Windows & VM by now but I am going to have to wait until
    I have been able to reliably connect to this new management console.

Joshua Gibson, Mar 1, 2019
  4. RDP connection to VM. Connects on console - user can't see it.

Connect to Console Session from Remote Desktop Mobile

This user is talking about connecting to a console session from the RDP client on a windows mobile device.

MVP-Mobile Devices

Eric Hicks, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

RDP connection to VM. Connects on console - user can't see it.

1. RDP connection to VM. Connects on console - user can't see it. - Similar Threads - RDP connection Connects

2. Can't connect to RDP using AzureAD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to RDP using AzureAD: Hi there!I am trying to connect to a Remote Desktop Connection using an AzureAD. I can connect using my laptop and PC. But other users can't. It stated that the logon attempt failed.Please kindly help me with this problem. Thank you...
  3. Can't connect to RDP using AzureAD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to RDP using AzureAD: Hi there!I am trying to connect to a Remote Desktop Connection using an AzureAD. I can connect using my laptop and PC. But other users can't. It stated that the logon attempt failed.Please kindly help me with this problem. Thank you...
  4. Can't connect to Facebook in my VM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to Facebook in my VM: I am encountering an issue while attempting to connect to my Facebook account within a VM. An error is indicating that the provided credentials are incorrect. Interestingly, when I use the same credentials on my personal laptop, everything works seamlessly.I find myself...
  5. Can't connect to Facebook in my VM

Can't connect to Facebook in my VM: I am encountering an issue while attempting to connect to my Facebook account within a VM. An error is indicating that the provided credentials are incorrect. Interestingly, when I use the same credentials on my personal laptop, everything works seamlessly.I find myself...
  6. Can't connect to Facebook in my VM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Connecting to rdp - domain user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connecting to rdp - domain user: I connect to the Windows 10 Professional with Microsoft Remote Desktop app for MacOS - on my Windows PC, I've account created by logging to Windows with my work credentials, name@company.com - which I understand is domain account(but the remote computer is not in domain...
  8. RDP connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RDP connection: my RDP seems to be having isssues, resulting in me disconnecting because the computer "lags" or screen doesn't update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rdp-connection/493d9013-ca9b-440f-8c2d-b243a1b10e0d
  9. Cannot connect via RDP to VM after kb4512508

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot connect via RDP to VM after kb4512508: Hello, Recently I installed kb4512508 on a Windows 10 Pro. This machine is virtual machine on Hyper-V. After installing the update the machine has frozen. Connecting through RDP or console via Hyper-V was not possible anymore. I turned off the VM and restarted it through...
  10. Console Connect

Console Connect: I keep trying to open Console Connect on my computer and all it does is show the loading screen and immediately close. I cant uninstall it from my computer to try to reinstall. anyone know what to do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 pro hyper-v vpn vm rdp

2. hyperv rdp vm win10 the two computers couldnt connect in the amount of time allotted

3. name other ways to connect to a windows vm rather than rdp