Windows 10: RDP Crash When Connecting Only When Certain User is Connected

Discus and support RDP Crash When Connecting Only When Certain User is Connected in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Here's a weird one. I have RDP setup on a computer on my network (don't worry, LAN only, not exposed to the internet). This computer is running Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fuzzynavelsniffer, Dec 31, 2019.

1. RDP Crash When Connecting Only When Certain User is Connected

Here's a weird one. I have RDP setup on a computer on my network (don't worry, LAN only, not exposed to the internet). This computer is running Windows 10 Pro 1903.
    I haven't had a need to connect via RDP for a few weeks, and I just tried for the first time on the weekend and as soon as I enter my password the RDP Client crashes and disappears. The crash happens regardless of which computer I use as a client.
    The computer running the RDP server has three users. Lets call them:

Bob

Tim

Jeff

The crash only occurs if "Bob" is currently logged into the computer locally. If I log out Bob, or switch to a different user, connecting via RDP works fine. As soon as Bob is connected again though, any attempts to RDP result in a crash. Normally a message would pop up for "Bob" saying that another using is trying to connect, but nothing pops up.

Checking the Event Viewer has this info:

Faulting application name: LogonUI.exe

Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll

Exception code: 0xc000027b

Any ideas? I suspect something screwy has happened to Bob's account, but I don't know what it could be.

submitted by /u/fuzzynavelsniffer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fuzzynavelsniffer, Dec 31, 2019
  2. Billzden Win User

RDP and Network Connection Drops While on Ethernet

Sam,

1. Even without issuing the ping -t command I will experience a RDP drop and network bottleneck
    2. RDP clients are the same version
    3. No firewall setup
    4. All connecting with the same cables from similar ports

winbox1 has full duplexTrue
    winbox2 does not have duplex True

Pretty sure it's something with the network setup, I might reinstall the OS

Billzden, Jan 6, 2020
  3. DennieMPF Win User
    Logging off RDP users

I have several RDS servers that numerous users connect to. (MS Server 2016 and 2012) Everyday at 5:05PM, we have to "logoff" certain users from their sessions. I use Remote Desktop Services Manager to see all the users connected to RDS servers. Manually
    I CTRL and select the users I need to logoff. Then right-click and Logoff. Works fine. However,

I want to automate this process and haven't found a way to do so using the following criteria:

1. Needs to be by username. Session ID will change. Username doesn't.

2. I can build a list of usernames (that will be edited as users come in and out of the criteria for logoff - i.e. salespersons come and go)

3. Would like some sort of script that references the usernames on the list then searches for RDP connections they may have.

4. If found, the user will be logged off their session.

NOTE - CANNOT "kill" or "reset" the connection. Logging off allows the software they're using on the remote server to be properly closed before dumping the session.

5. This script process can be Task Scheduled on each of the remote servers and set to execute at 5:05PM daily (M-F) or it can look for these users and perform the logoff via the Remote Desktop Services Manger on my PC..

Open to any ideas.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Dennie

DennieMPF, Jan 6, 2020
  4. RDP Crash When Connecting Only When Certain User is Connected

RDP not allowing remote connection

I had it working perfectly fine the other day but I logged into my server, removed a open port and both computer quit.

I run the computers with the firewall off, I see no point in them being on, it's a windows firewall a hacker will know how to get around so fire wall is OFF.

Ports are 9000 for server and 3390 for htpc

ip:9000
    ip:3390

This does not work from a linux workstation using 'Remote Desktop Client'

It does not work from mac RDP
    It does not work from windows RDP
    And it does not work from my iphone.

I know it's enabled as I can RDP into the computers at my home (except htpc at the moment, I think that one needs restarted)

Ports are open, both tcp / udp ports are open using the internal server IP wich is MAC assigned by the router. Server - 10.0.1.2 - 9000
    And same thing for the htpc - 10.0.1.8 - 3390

Besides the obvious of firewall, ports, and 'remote connection enabled' any ideas?

freaksavior, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

RDP Crash When Connecting Only When Certain User is Connected

1. RDP Crash When Connecting Only When Certain User is Connected - Similar Threads - RDP Crash Connecting

2. when connecting my headphones, only the microphone connects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when connecting my headphones, only the microphone connects: whenever i want to connect my bluetooth headphones to my windows 11 laptop, it seems to only connect the microphone of the headphones, this isnt a problem when using my phone.does anyone know how to fix this?...
  3. when connecting my headphones, only the microphone connects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when connecting my headphones, only the microphone connects: whenever i want to connect my bluetooth headphones to my windows 11 laptop, it seems to only connect the microphone of the headphones, this isnt a problem when using my phone.does anyone know how to fix this?...
  4. Connecting to rdp - domain user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connecting to rdp - domain user: I connect to the Windows 10 Professional with Microsoft Remote Desktop app for MacOS - on my Windows PC, I've account created by logging to Windows with my work credentials, name@company.com - which I understand is domain account(but the remote computer is not in domain...
  5. Windows 10 BSOD When Connecting to RDP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSOD When Connecting to RDP: Hi we have a client that is receiving a BSOD when attempting to connect to a RDP session it blue screens with the error apc index mismatch win32kfull.sys. We have attempted to do Windows updates and update drivers. The only driver we did not update was the intel management...
  6. Crashes when connecting to WIfi

Crashes when connecting to WIfi: Hi I am having abit of trouble with my wifi device, when i turn my laptop off and turn it back on i go to connect to the wifi and it crashes and restarts. i was getting a BDOS error nwifi.sys this screen has now gone and it does not bring me up the blue screen anymore just a...
  7. Remote Desktop - Not showing lock screen when an RDP user is connected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop - Not showing lock screen when an RDP user is connected: Hello, I have an employee that needs to RDP into their office desktop computer. They can do this fine currently. However, my problem is that the office desktop The endpoint computer does not show the lock screen when the employee connects to their office desktop. The...
  8. DWM crashing intermittently when connected via RDP on windows 10

DWM crashing intermittently when connected via RDP on windows 10: I'm using a remote destop and DWM is crashing on remote machine, disconnecting the RDP session and wiping all the open windows, forcing me to start over when reconnecting to the machine. The machine itself is still operational and responsive. The DWM is a candidate culprit,...
  9. Router Disconnects from the Internet only when a certain PC connects!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Router Disconnects from the Internet only when a certain PC connects!: I know that propably it's not a Windows 10 related topic but I didn't know where else to ask that. I searched a bit on the Internet for a solution and I couldn't find any. So whenever my brother opens his laptop and connects to the Wifi every other PC loses connection....
  10. Crashing only when playing certain games.

Crashing only when playing certain games.: So I get those crashes where my screen freezes and then goes dark ( lost signal). It happens at random with Blade and Soul , and happens every 5 minutes with World of Warcraft. This started like 2 months ago ( only found this forum today , thanks for that) , before that...