Windows 10: RDP Credential Manager: Delay in accepting credentials

Discus and support RDP Credential Manager: Delay in accepting credentials in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After MSTSC, We enter user name and password then we click "OK" to connect but there is delay of 23-25 Seconds approx between I click on "OK" and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VivekSharma, Jun 19, 2019.

1. RDP Credential Manager: Delay in accepting credentials

After MSTSC, We enter user name and password then we click "OK" to connect but there is delay of 23-25 Seconds approx between I click on "OK" and it starts showing "connecting" wizard and it eventually connects.

Any Idea, it is frustrating !! May be GPO issue may be Win 10 issue !!

RDP Credential Manager: Delay in accepting credentials 02ce9552-4dd6-4735-87ae-85f29ebd856c?upload=true.jpg a

:)

VivekSharma, Jun 19, 2019

2. RDP Credential Manager: Delay in accepting credentials

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing a lag in time in accepting the credentials to RDP. Thank you for providing us the screenshot of the issue.

However, we would suggest you to post your query in TechNet
    forums, where we have expertise and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on RDP Credential Manager to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Jun 26, 2019
  4. RDP Credential Manager: Delay in accepting credentials

Managing Credentials with no password

Hi Steeboo,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.
    We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1) Press Windows key + r and type services.msc.

2) Right click Credential manager and Go to Properties.

3) Select Manual from the Startup type drop down menu.

4) Click Apply and OK.

5) Restart your computer and check the issue.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to delete the web credentials and then, try to add it again and check, if it helps.

In the Credential Manager, under Web Credentials remove the web credentials and check, if it works.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

RDP Credential Manager: Delay in accepting credentials

1. RDP Credential Manager: Delay in accepting credentials - Similar Threads - RDP Credential Manager

2. Web credentials in Credential manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web credentials in Credential manager: I am having an uwp app using password vault, so my credentials are stored under the Web credential in credential manager and we have a situation so i need to change the publisher id of the app because of this the app will be treated as new app so i planned to run a powershell...
  3. Web credentials in Credential manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web credentials in Credential manager: I am having an uwp app using password vault, so my credentials are stored under the Web credential in credential manager and we have a situation so i need to change the publisher id of the app because of this the app will be treated as new app so i planned to run a powershell...
  4. credential manager

credential manager: credential manager until this new computer would allow me to see the password when clicked on it, only had to enter my pin, this new windows computer will not, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credential-manager/74453cdb-2c44-4a93-81f3-540f96a43082
  5. RDP credential prompt is delaying over VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP credential prompt is delaying over VPN: Hi,I am working as Desktop support enginner in an IT firm. A few users are facing an issue while they are trying to connect RDP servers while VPN connected. Below are the observations.1. All of the machines are domain joined machine and windows build version and patches are...
  6. Credential Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Credential Manager: Hello, I am following the steps to access Credential Manager with no issue. However, once I get to the manager, all I have is Edit and Delete, there is no Show for passwords. When I click on the link for the password I need the password is all dots and there is no way to...
  7. Credential manager - Web Credentials

Credential manager - Web Credentials: For quite some time now I have been troubleshooting this issue, but can not find any solution to it yet. Registry changes nor GPO setting help to solve this issue. So, what I am experiencing. I am running my laptop on Windows 10 Insider latest build with Edge Chromium. I...
  8. Credential Manager

Credential Manager: When I open Credential manager and try to see a password, I enter my pin, explorer crashes then restarts. No matter how I try to get at it, it crashes. Any ideas?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credential-manager/e0c531b2-a211-4fdf-889e-16c4ede1abb0"
  9. Credential Manager

Credential Manager: What file can I copy from 1 computer to transfer it to a new Laptop in Win 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credential-manager/04e957fa-0d01-49e7-80f3-cb74e847e2f8
  10. credential manager

credential manager: How to make disabled credential manager for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/credential-manager/29cdbb69-c570-4279-b752-109cf15bf8ee"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. credential manager ui host error using mstsc