Windows 10: RDP Display resolution on remote machine

Discus and support RDP Display resolution on remote machine in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am running an up-to-date Windows 10 install on a high res dual 3820x 2160 monitor setup. When I log into [RDP] my clients Windows Server 2012v2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JigneshTapase, Jul 9, 2019.

1. RDP Display resolution on remote machine

I am running an up-to-date Windows 10 install on a high res dual 3820x 2160 monitor setup.

When I log into [RDP] my clients Windows Server 2012v2 machine the icons on the desktop are HUGE. The program menus look sort of OK (I can work with them) but icons internal to the programs are tiny tiny. It won't let me change the resolution from a remote session.

Is this a problem with my setup? If so please give any guidance. I've tried to muck around with the RDP settings and can't seem to get to anything that works.Or is this more likely problem with the specific program I am using not being able to use higher resolutions? If so I'll need to contact their support. [It's an industry specific program].
    I know I can just reduce the resolution on my laptop and external monitor to match the remote machine but that seems like a really clunky way to handle this. I use programs at my office that can take full advantage of this resolution.

Thanks.

:)

JigneshTapase, Jul 9, 2019
  2. techpun Win User

Remote Desktop Options

I have Windows 7 machine which is on 24/7 which I would like to remote into with security and ease kept in mind. What are your suggestions? Is RDP good enough?

techpun, Jul 9, 2019
  3. dudley Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection - poor resolution

When I connect from my laptop to my desktop via Remote Desktop Connection client, the resolution becomes poor - the text is not smooth (the colors look OK).

I went to Remote Desktop Connection/Options/Display, colors are set to Highest Quality, all seems to be set properly.

This is not just limited to Win 10, the same happens when I connect from Win 7 machine.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

dudley, Jul 9, 2019
  4. RDP Display resolution on remote machine

RDP file not launching Remote Desktop

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that ".rdp files will not launch Remote Desktop", what exactly are you referring to? Are you facing issues while launching .rdp files in remote desktop mode?

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

RDP Display resolution on remote machine

1. RDP Display resolution on remote machine - Similar Threads - RDP Display resolution

2. Can We connect the USB to the RDP session remote desktop connection machine?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can We connect the USB to the RDP session remote desktop connection machine?: PC1 is connected with a USB biometric device. I will need to take RDPusing the remote desktop connection windows application to PC2. I will launch an application on the pc2, which need biometric to login which is on PC1. Can we send the biometric signature or get the...
  3. Can We connect the USB to the RDP session remote desktop connection machine?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can We connect the USB to the RDP session remote desktop connection machine?: PC1 is connected with a USB biometric device. I will need to take RDPusing the remote desktop connection windows application to PC2. I will launch an application on the pc2, which need biometric to login which is on PC1. Can we send the biometric signature or get the...
  4. RDP copy and paste issue on Remote Window machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP copy and paste issue on Remote Window machine: I am having problem in copy and paste text and image from local machine to RDP server window 19 standard edition.Only one user is having problem , other user can copy and paste easily from local machine to Remote RDP server 19,standard.Any help is highly appreciated....
  5. RDP copy and paste issue on Remote Window machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP copy and paste issue on Remote Window machine: I am having problem in copy and paste text and image from local machine to RDP server window 19 standard edition.Only one user is having problem , other user can copy and paste easily from local machine to Remote RDP server 19,standard.Any help is highly appreciated....
  6. Can't RDP into remote machine due to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't RDP into remote machine due to Microsoft Account: So I'm trying to remote into my cousin's Windows 10 PC via RDP. I told him this could be difficult because he has both a local account and a Microsoft Account. His account is the admin account on the computer. I have tried logging in at least 5 ways and they all fail. His...
  7. RDP: Remote Connection Protical

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP: Remote Connection Protical: I went and opend up Microsoft Edge to enter my IP address in the box that I type a URL in and the I hited enter and this what the page said: Hmmm… can't reach this page 192.168.1.123 refused to connect. Search the web for 192 168 1 123 ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED Why? Did I...
  8. Microsoft Remote Display Adapter - Driver error - RDP not possible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Remote Display Adapter - Driver error - RDP not possible: Hello, I have a fresh Windows 10 Enterprise (just installed and activated, nothing else); cloned as a VM by VMware and after that prepared using Sysprep (OOBE and Generalize). It is not possible for me to connect to it via RDP. The RDP connection is sucessfully established...
  9. RDP: 10 Local Machine - XP Remote Machine Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    RDP: 10 Local Machine - XP Remote Machine Problem: I can copy and paste only text and screenshots. 78047
  10. RDP - how can I reboot remote machine

in Windows 10 Support
    RDP - how can I reboot remote machine: Hi there It's been AGES since I've done this - but is there any way of rebooting a remote Windows machine from RDP. The problem probably needs Windows login as it boots so how to connect ?? I'm sure it's possible without having things like Network boot in a Nic....