Windows 10: RDP from single monitor computer to triple monitor computer

Discus and support RDP from single monitor computer to triple monitor computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This question may have been asked but I can't find it. I use RDP to work with my main desktop computer with 3 monitors from my laptop with just one.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ringandpinion, Oct 10, 2020.

1. RDP from single monitor computer to triple monitor computer

This question may have been asked but I can't find it. I use RDP to work with my main desktop computer with 3 monitors from my laptop with just one. I can not figure out how to see all three main desktop monitors on my laptop screen, only the primary is available. Desktop is Win 10 Pro v.2004, laptop is Win 10 Home v.2004. I don't really need to use all three desktop monitors but the RDP session will reconfigure all my icons and layouts to the primary desktop monitor as well. I had this working with a different desktop and laptop in the past, but I can't figure out how I did it.

:)

Ringandpinion, Oct 10, 2020

2. RDP settings for multi-monitor set up to use subset of monitors for RDP session

ALLOW ABILITY TO CHOOSE SUBSET OF LOCAL MONITORS FOR RDP SESSION (FULL SCREEN)
    Allow ability to select a subset of current monitors with full screen. Currently can choose all or 1 but cannot choose for instance 2 of 3 (full screen).
    That seems useful, I wish it did that. I know about this checkbox that says "Use all my monitors" but I can't say just use 1 and 2 but not 3, right?

Turns out that you CAN span n monitors but it's just buried/internal and has no UI.
    Save your RDP file, and open it in Notepad. Everyone's RDP file is different but yours may look like this:
    full address:s:x.x.x.x:3389
    prompt for credentials:i:1
    administrative session:i:1
    screen mode id:i:2
    span monitors:i:1
    use multimon:i:1
    selectedmonitors:s:0,1
    I can put on selectedmonitors:s:x,y and then use the zero-based numbers to indicate my monitors. To get a list of monitors, I can run mstsc /l to LIST out all my monitors on my machine. I can also use mstsc /multimon as a command line to use multiple monitors.

So I set my selectedmonitors:s:0,1 to use my left and middle monitor and skip my right one.

Vipinbhatia90, Oct 10, 2020
  3. FFC10831 Win User
    Using RDP on two monitors... resizes when moved to one monitor

I have two monitors and use RDP. Everything works perfectly when maximized and used on two monitors. However, when I "move" my RDP session to one local monitor, the RDP resizes and squeezes the two RDP monitors onto one local monitor.... it should just slide
    over and keep the same RDP size.

It worked perfectly until I hit some hot button and changed the settings... don't know what I did or how to restore.

FFC10831, Oct 10, 2020
  4. RDP from single monitor computer to triple monitor computer

Issues while installing a second monitor in Windows 10

Really? I get a canned answer and nothing else? I posted that I had tried everything that I could find posted online. I did read the post that Andre suggested multiple times prior to posting this request for help. None of it helped.

My computer does not recognize that there is a second monitor is plugged in. The small step of changing the settings so I can put stuff on the second monitor ISN'T the issue. I am not that dumb. in the device manager there is only the single monitor listed
    at one point there was a unknown device listed but my computer did not know if it was a monitor or a printer.

There has to be someone out there that knows how to fix this

Please Help

squareknees, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

RDP from single monitor computer to triple monitor computer

1. RDP from single monitor computer to triple monitor computer - Similar Threads - RDP single monitor

2. Dual monitor to single monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitor to single monitor: New HP Envy Win 11 Computer. Single display, fine. Dual display, extended, fine with cursor going from screen to screen as normal. Main: Asus Hdmi 24" monitor. Added an AOC USB 15" USB 3 monitor. Using on a receptionist desk and she needs to see, converse with customers with...
  3. Triple Monitor Viewing Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Triple Monitor Viewing Problem: My HP laptop model 17z-ca000 performs poorly when connected to my two HP monitors to provide a 3-way monitor setup. I am puzzled as to the cause since my older Dell Inspiron laptop model 5559 performs perfectly in this same 3-way setup. Specifically, the problems I have...
  4. Triple Monitor Viewing Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Triple Monitor Viewing Problem: My HP laptop model 17z-ca000 performs poorly when connected to my two HP monitors to provide a 3-way monitor setup. I am puzzled as to the cause since my older Dell Inspiron laptop model 5559 performs perfectly in this same 3-way setup. Specifically, the problems I have...
  5. Triple Monitor Viewing Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Triple monitor with one TV

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Triple monitor with one TV: I can't turn off the TV without the two other monitors blinking on and off frequently. Is there a way to prevent that? submitted by /u/abedtime [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktbfsa/triple_monitor_with_one_tv/
  7. Triple monitor setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Triple monitor setup: So I am using a triple monitor setup using the serial port on my motherboard, the serial on the graphics card, and the hdmi on the graphics card, but the instant I try to use the on board serial I cannot put my pc into sleep mode, and I am now confused. Thanks in advance...
  8. Triple Monitor Setup Forces Single Refresh Rate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Triple Monitor Setup Forces Single Refresh Rate: I have three monitors, one 1440p 165Hz display and two 1200p 60Hz displays, for my up to date 2020-10 cumulative update for Windows 10 2004 Windows 10 PC on a dedicated graphics card RX 580. When the two 60 Hz displays are off, the 165 Hz display works at 165 Hz, 144 Hz, and...
  9. computer monitoring

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    computer monitoring: I have a question about monitoring. I have a pc that I share with an employee. I have admin privileges and she does not. I am afraid she is not performing her daily tasks as her productivity is dropping. Is it possible for me to identify where she is spending her time when...
  10. Triple monitor with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Triple monitor with Windows 10: Hello everyone, I currently have 3 monitors. 1 LG 34UM59-P 21:9 2560x1080 2 LG 27MP68HM-P 16:9 1920x1080 I've been running the Ultra wide for some time now without any problems. Yesterday I got the 2 27" monitors and at first it seemed to work. All three...